“wonderful experience”

The Spring Resort & Spa
el cajon, ca
“wonderful experience”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

My daughter and I planned a spa get-away for her big 40 birthday. We found this a wonderful oasis. We most definitely will return! I loved that it was quiet, and when some quests got a little loud the management "nicely" reminded them to tone it down. They really strive to keep a mellow quiet retreat for all patrons. We stayed 3 nights and 4 days. Had 2 treatments (massages) a piece. Really enjoyed the hot tub, pool and jacuzzi. Only went into the sauna once. All the quests had great comments about the place. Several couples had returned often. The only thing I would do the next time is get a room with a kitchen. The breakfast is the only time you can get coffee or any kind of food. This was the only downfall I could see.(I LOVE MY COFFEE). of course defeats the "relaxation mood" of the spa if you are high on caffeine right? As I said we most assuredly are going back.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Santa Monica, California
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I went to The Spring for a weekend "women's" retreat workshop. Before the workshop even began, I felt I had experienced one of the best days of my life. The Spring is a "healing oasis"!
The warmth of the environment allows a deep release on all levels. The room was extremely comfortable with a kitchenette including a fridge, toaster, dishes, silverware, coffee maker, and microwave. Exceptional spa amenities robes, slippers, plenty of towels, and very comfortable beds. Great continental breakfast. There are 3 pools, the enclosed one was my favorite heated to 101 degrees, I put float tubes under my neck and knees and felt like I was one with the universe clearing away any tension in my body. There is a large pool heated to 98 degrees and Jacuzzi to sit in under the stars. The dry/wet sauna felt like a sweat lodge. I experienced every part of this sacred place, the hammock hidden off to one side to rest in, the lounge chairs nestled in an elevated place exposed to the sun yet private enough surrounded by trees and bushes. The flow of environment is so conducive to alone time or quiet connection with others. They ask for no cell phones and the guests are very mindful to use soft voices. You can use the facility 24 hours. It felt like there was no limitations and as if it was your own home to explore and be with. The staff is so positive and helpful including the cleaning lady! They have a great boutique for any extras you might need, clothing, bags, spa goodies, hats, beauty items. There are two villas outside of the grounds that have a full kitchen which are part of The Spring for families or larger groups. Check out time is 12pm, you can ask for late check out and even if you do check out at 12pm they let you stay and use the area for a few hours afterwards. There are showers available too. They meet a high standard of cleanliness. I am incredibly grateful for the owners, management and staff that put their time, care and energy into making The Spring a sanctuary for us to experience harmony, balance, healing, rejuvenation, and expansion.

Room Tip: We had the Courtyard room which is near the store/check in and away from the main pool. I slept well...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
england
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Visited with my daughter for one nights R and R as an antidote to busy Los Angeles!
As soon as we entered the property its peaceful nature made us relax .
The grounds were beautifully kept- the mineral water pools warm and inviting ( and open 24 hours ) and the spa treatments very relaxing and enjoyable. The rooms were fairly small but spotlessly clean and well appointed.
We donned our white dressing gowns and slippers and enjoyed swimming and being pampered for just 24 hours !After a very nice continental breakfast we were able to extend our check out time for an hour and enjoyed the morning swimming and reading before a shower and heading back to LA.!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

What a relaxing, quick getaway I needed and got! Beautiful grounds, lovely room, great service and amazing spa treatments . Thank you Allani for being so friendly and warm. Same for Jen and her great hands! Rocky, the wandering feline was an added bonus! I'll definitely be back. Thanks to all.

• Stayed October 2013
Mike K, Manager at The Spring Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Thank you for the comments Kristin! It was a pleasure having you as our guest and we look forward to your return.
Calgary
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I'm almost reluctant to add my review. I don't want this place to get over-run!! It's perfect just the way it is with only a handful of people there.

A friend and I enjoyed a "day-spa" experience here. Everything about it was just perfect; it was just what we were looking for. The pools and sitting rooms were extremely calming and relaxing. The massage specialist was very good. The staff generally were very pleasant. I had a great massage, and continued to relax in and beside the pools for a while afterwards. It was very difficult to leave.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 24 September 2013

My husband and I stayed at the resort for one night at the end of August 2013. At first we thought we were in the wrong place as it seems the spa is in a residential area. Once we were able to park and get into the resort, I was pleasantly surprised. We were shown around the resort and spa and given a brief introduction before being shown to our room.

I loved everything about our stay! The rooms were clean, the staff was friendly and the grounds were beautiful!! I love that all of the pools are 24hrs and we were even able to use the sauna after enjoying a midnight swim. I was able to get up before our departure and enjoy a sunrise swim as the only person outside in the whole resort. The solitude was something I needed badly, which you typically don't find at other resorts that boast the same type of amenities. The included breakfast was light, delicious and a very welcomed bonus. My only regret is that we did not stay longer!! I would recommend the resort to anyone and hope I will be able to make it back someday!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rslice319
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on a groupon deal for 2 nights. After arriving from Las Vegas it was like stepping into an oasis. We were 1/3 through a month long road trip and this was the best welcome received throughout. We were given a thorough tour of the premises with details about the facilities so were made to feel very comfortable straight away. I liked the touch of the fresh jug of water and relaxing music was on in our room. We also made use of the incense sticks provided, we really switched off and enjoyed feeling like we were in a spa every day.

The room we had faced directly onto the pool longways, it was tastefully decorated and clean. The kitchen had everything we needed and the bathrobes and slippers were a great touch. I even thought the toilet paper was great quality! The grounds are beautiful and so peaceful. We loved relaxing in the pools and also used the sauna. The breakfasts are of limited selection but healthy, loved the breads. The only negatives I could possibly say would be the amount of bugs at night and the indoor pool seemed to collect alot of debris. For location there didnt seem to be much in the local town, the nearby supermarket was pretty dire.

My husband had a facial treatment and said it was incredible. The service here was impeccable and we were allowed a late checkout and also the iced waters at departure were a wonderful touch, we kept the bottles as mementos. Would definitely come back here and recommend to all who want to relax and unwind. Loved it!

• Stayed August 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Desert Hot Springs
Miracle Springs Resort and Spa
Miracle Springs Resort and Spa
#6 of 22 in Desert Hot Springs
Aqua Soleil Hotel & Mineral Water Spa
Aqua Soleil Hotel & Mineral Wate...
#8 of 22 in Desert Hot Springs
#10 of 22 in Desert Hot Springs
Andreas Hotel & Spa
Andreas Hotel & Spa
#9 of 73 in Palm Springs

Been to The Spring Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!