“Renew and Refresh at The Spring” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Spring Resort & Spa

The Spring Resort & Spa
Keyport, New Jersey
“Renew and Refresh at The Spring”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2006

The Spring was everything I hoped it would be. Beautiful scenery and an atmosphere that allowed complete relaxation. Spa services were among the best I have ever had. The hot springs were unbelievable and I truly understood why peoople travel to experience this miracle water. The accomodations made me feel peaceful the minute I walked in. The Spring is truly an experience that should not be missed.

• Stayed November 2004
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
1 Thank DVance13

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2006

My husband and I "check into Zen heaven" every couple of months to decompress from our busy life.
We discovered The Spring a couple of years ago. The minute we walked through the door it was like entering a different calm world. The environment is beautifully arranged for the maximun relaxation.
The owners and staff are friendly and acomodating.
My husband always gets a massage by Jennifer, who he says has healing hands.
This is NOT a place for people who have to be moving or entertained.
It is definately for people who want to wind down in a simplistic, naturally beautiful, go at your own pace environment.
Highly recommend to the urban weary!
The Lindseths

Stayed November 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2005

My life partner and I visited The Spring in mid-September after having sent my parents there for their 40th wedding anniversary. BTW - They were VERY happy with their stay, the facilities and spa treatments. We had a wonderful, affordable package that included a deluxe room with kitchen, two spa treatments, a chilled bottle of champagne (Cook's)and a $75 gift certificate to The Chop House or The Grille (we chose The Chop House - EXCELLENT CHOICE- and the GC was more than enough to cover our dinner). We agree with those reviewers who have mentioned the surounding neighborhood's condition. My parent's never mentioned this to us for the surprise factor! We arrived very late at around 10 PM so we didn't see the full extent of the surroundings until the next morning. It's not that bad, it's just a regular neighborhood in Desert Palm Springs; but believe me when I tell you that The Spring is an OASIS IN THE DESERT. The exterior is SO deceiving. Just as we parked in the front parking lot Charels, the manager on duty, called ny cell phone to check whemn we would be arriving. He opened the beautiful front entrance door and we immediately relaxed right then and there as we knew we were in a special place. We were offered what we consider to be the BEST tap water on the planet. Cool, Freash and crisp with a lemon wedge - HEAVEN! We couldn't get enough of it. Our room was lovely and had natural decorating touches. Our window air conditioner was rather loud but we found that we really didn't need it in September. The bed was extremely comfortable and we slept like babies. Our massages were divine and the back facial was too die for. OF SPECIAL NOTE: (1). DO go and sit on the sofa in the "Living Room" (the main structure where you meet your masseuse, etc. for your treatment). The mountain view is special and SPECTACULAR (2). DO soak in the natural sping water. We highly recommend the covered therapy pool that is full of history (3). DO bring a computer and a couple of DVDs if you are into movies or TV as The Spring does not have TV or phones in the rooms which is perfect for a relaxing spa weekend. (4). DO know that when you change a treatment that is included in the package that services are based on time AND PRICE. Be prepared to pay the extra $$$. Unfortunaetly we were only told changes were based on the time period of the treatment, not the price. (5)DO book a stay at THE SPRING. WE'LL DEFINITELY BE BACK. Thanks to Jane, Maria and Charles for a FABULOUSLY RELAXING STAY.

Courtney

Stayed September 2005
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2005

My wife and I went to The Spring in April 2005 based on the great reviews on TripAdvisor. The reviews were quite accurate -- we were not disappointed. It was our 20th anniversary and we just wanted to "hang" in a quiet place and do nothing. The Spring has a zen-like feel, very comfortable beds, and has a somewhat upscale but simple sense of design. This is especially important because it is in a non-descript neighborhood and the building looks like it was a motel in the 1950's. Don't expect extravagence. There's no restaurant or room service, so (except for the very nice continental breakfast) you'll have to order take out or stock your refrigerator. I found the staff to be pleasant and they don't bother you, leaving you to just relax. They are responsive when asked.

I've just read in another review that they had a problem with the lack of air conditioning. Because we visited in April, it wasn't a problem we'd noticed. However, if I visit during the hotter times of the year, I will certainly call beforehand to make sure the room is nice and cool by the time I get there.

Overall, this is a spa I'd recommend highly. It should also be noted that this is definitely the best spa value for the money. We will be returning for another relaxing visit.

• Stayed April 2005
Miracle Springs Resort and Spa
#4 of 22 in Desert Hot Springs
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,117 reviews
Aqua Soleil Hotel & Mineral Water Spa
Aqua Soleil Hotel & Mineral Wate...
#8 of 22 in Desert Hot Springs
Andreas Hotel & Spa
Andreas Hotel & Spa
#8 of 71 in Palm Springs
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,219 reviews

Been to The Spring Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!