“great place”

The Spring Resort & Spa
LA
“great place”
Reviewed 23 April 2007

this was my second trip and it was almost better than the first time... what can i say except the staff is always accomodationg and friendly. the massage was great and everything met our expectations.!!!

• Stayed April 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed 9 April 2007

I have stayed at The Spring twice - once for a 'girls weekend' with my best friends from high school, and once to celebrate my 2nd anniversary. Both times were just wonderful. For the first visit, we rented 2 rooms with a joined kitchen - it was a perfect way to enjoy a weekend retreat, preparing our own meals and relaxing. The rooms are beautiful and well-appointed, and the staff is so friendly. Best of all, though, are the extraordinary spring waters. I can't describe the relaxation and restoration you'll feel resting in The Spring's 3 pools. The springs are even open late into the night, for a quiet last soak under the stars. I am already dreaming of our next visit!

• Liked — The hot springs, beautiful room, and total sense of retreat
  • Disliked — Need to drive to get to food or attractions
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled as a couple
Santa Monica
Reviewed 17 March 2007

This was the perfect place to take my Mom who desperately needed to get away from the stress in her life.
We had a very relaxing time – no kids to take care of, no dogs, no TV, just a book, swimming pool, natural hot water spas, massages and quietness. What a treat. There are only 10 rooms and we understood that they were entirely booked, yet we felt like there were only a few people there and we usually had one of the spas or the pool to ourselves. There was a variety of treatment choices and our massages did the magic.

My Mom and I took the Palm Springs Arial Tramway and when we got back to The Spring in the evening it was so enchantingly lit, we couldn’t get ourselves to go to bed. We sat around the pool for hours chatting and then took another dip in the indoor spa.

And the beds! They are a treat. The sheets, the pillows, the comforter, everything is sssooo soft and smells so good. It’s never like this at home. I am so glad we found this place. I can’t wait for another excuse to go back.

• Stayed March 2007
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 17 March 2007

I went to the Pacific Life Open in Indian Wells, but wanted to stay someplace quiet after all the hubub of the touranament. Someone mentioned this small enchantingly quiet place, so I called and was lucky enough to get a room for the two nights. It's the place I have always been looking for. Quiet, personal attention in an oasis like setting. I topped off the stay with a wonderful combination deep tissue Swedish massage. The best in ten years. It reminded me of an amazing massage I once had at Esalen. This is a place for that absolute get away from everything. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed March 2007
Los Angeles
Reviewed 17 March 2007

This is the perfect getaway. You really feel like you're not in the world anymore. All you hear is the wind and birds. The rooms are beautiful. My boyfriend and I went there and cooked dinner in our room kitchen that had everything we need. It was the best place for a romantic and relaxing weekend. I didn't want to leave! We're already planning on going back!

Stayed January 2007
Los Angeles
Reviewed 16 March 2007

A friend recommended it highly. My husband and I had to get away from the work pressure. We were not disappointed. Eight rooms high above the town overlooking the valley with the mountain above Palm Springs in the distance. Quiet!! Great room. Comfortable bed. The pool and the hot tubs with great natural mineral water. We had several treatments all with wonderful massueses with great personalities. We didn't want to leave. We booked a weekend, but next time it will be longer.

• Liked — Secluded and quiet
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed 15 March 2007

My husband and I spent a few days here. It was the perfect place for us -- he wanted to hike in Joshua Tree, and I wanted to relax at a spa. The Spring is a small place. The rooms and facilities are clean and pleasant, and the staff is friendly. They provide a basic breakfast consisting of a few types of cereal, coffee, juice, and fruit.

It *is* a bit new agey (for example, they offer fasting/cleansing retreats), and people who aren't into that might be a little worried. But it was not an issue at all -- it's totally possible to ignore it and just have a nice, relaxing vacation.

I spent most of my time there lounging by the pool and reading. The mineral hot springs are nice, and so is the sauna. I got a pretty good Swedish massage, and the price was very reasonable for a place like this. I also took the yoga class on the lawn (which cost $9). The first half of the class consisted of challenging poses, which I enjoyed. (The second half was a bit too new agey for me.)

I really can't figure out what's wrong with the surrounding neighborhood. I wasn't sure what to expect after reading some of the reviews here. The Spring advises visitors *not* to follow the Yahoo/Mapquest directions -- according to another reviewer, this is to make sure you don't drive through unpleasant areas that might mess up your tranquil spa experience. But we *did* follow Mapquest directions, and it struck me as a decent, safe neighborhood with friendly people. The only drawback is the lack of restaurants or stores within walking distance -- you have to drive to get anywhere.

• Liked — Very peaceful, relaxing place
  • Disliked — Have to drive to get to restaurants and stores
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CAKoshka
Also consider these accommodations in or near Desert Hot Springs
Miracle Springs Resort and Spa
Miracle Springs Resort and Spa
#5 of 22 in Desert Hot Springs
Aqua Soleil Hotel & Mineral Water Spa
Aqua Soleil Hotel & Mineral Wate...
#8 of 22 in Desert Hot Springs
#9 of 22 in Desert Hot Springs
Andreas Hotel & Spa
Andreas Hotel & Spa
#9 of 73 in Palm Springs

Been to The Spring Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!