“Ahhhhhh......”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Desert Hot Springs
Living Waters Clothing-optional Spa
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Living Water Spa is a very special place to relax and rejuvenate your body, mind and spirit. Jeff & Judy open their hearts and home, creating a unique healing experience. Between the perfect mineral water pools and the magnificent massage, (thank you Jeff & Lillie), we were able to regain our balance and connect to what is important in our lives. Thank you Jeff & Judy! Mitakuye Oyasin, C&C

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Living Waters Clothing-optional Spa

Reviewed 29 August 2013

Very friendly owners, nice and clean accommodations as well as the soothing mineral water. Gotta try it! Its an intimate resort that works hard to keep you happy and comfortable. Never got a massage due to other obligations, but very much looking forward to thr couples massage.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 10 August 2013

My husband and I had a wonderful visit. This was our first stay and we were pleasantly surprised. What a great place to de-stress! The massage was easily the best I have ever had. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2013

For those either just dipping into the au natural ways or contemplating it, this post might be worth reading.

I've heard that "You only have one chance to do something for the first time" . I was presented with the opportunity to visit LWS for the day, so I called and spoke with Jeff and asked if there was a chance I might slip in for a massage and a day at the pool. Being my first time, I had more questions than I was willing to ask, but Jeff told me everything I needed to know. Very polite and helpful, not to mention non-judgmental.

I had to drive two hours to get there, so there were plenty of opportunities to back out. As instructed, I arrived at 10am and rang the doorbell. I was met at the door by Judy(one of the owners), and she welcomed me with a warm smile, gave me the grand tour and signed me in. As I was only there for the day, I was given a locker for my belongings and told that towels were available if I did not have one of my own. I quickly filled my locker, and chose one of the chaise lounge chairs poolside.

I was grateful at first that I was the only one there, so I disrobed and swam a few laps in the pool. About 15 minutes after arrival, my masseuse, Lili came by and told me it was time for my massage, so she walked me over to the massage room and began her magic. I could feel the months of stress just melting away with every long rub up my spine. An hour and fifteen minutes can go by very fast. Ms.Lili was very pleasant and informative. Any apprehension I may have had was gone in an instant due to her ability and professionalism. Well worth it when you go. I wouldn't miss one of their massages for the world.

Most of the day was spent between the mineral spring fed spa and the pool. I brought along a good book and left all my cares and inhibitions behind me. Just hours of extreme relaxation and the feeling of freedom this setting bestows on you. At 3pm I was greeted by Lili again with some sangria! What an awesome treat. By now a few couples had shown up and were very easy going and friendly. I met a great couple one from Canada, and one from California.
I cant remember their names, but in the brief time I've known them, I feel like I've known them all my life. They were very supportive and encouraging as we discussed my coming back here for my honeymoon with my wife. (Married 21 years and still waiting for a honeymoon!)

The place is immaculate, guests are like family and their website has all the information. Jeff & Judy (owners) along with Lili, were exactly what I could have hoped for on my first time.
You never forget your first, and I certainly will never forget mine at Living Waters Spa. I sincerely thank Jeff and Judy for allowing me to experience what will undoubtedly become one the the best times in my life. I hope to visit again as I am no longer a "newbie".

Jeff, Judy, Lili and all the guests at LWS....Thank You!
(p.s. Don't change a thing!)

Room Tip: While I was there on a "day pass", I've heard that poolside rooms are perfect!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank CaptKJB
Reviewed 1 July 2013

My wife and I planned a 4 night stay at Living Waters in late June, but we were having such a great time that we stayed an extra night; I wish we could have further extended our stay -- it was fabulous!

We had never been to a clothing optional place of any kind, so we were somewhat apprehensive about it. As it turned out, our apprehension vanished along with our clothes and the experience of sunning and swimming in the nude was very unburdening.

The beds are very comfortable. I don't usually sleep well at hotels, but I slept soundly and comfortably every night of our stay. By comparison, now I think we may need a new bed at home.

We have never had a more relaxing vacation and we can't wait to visit again!

Judy and Jeff are wonderful hosts. We both had massages that were fantastic.

I can't say enough good things about LWS and we will definitely go back!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Russell D
Reviewed 5 June 2013

All I can really do is echo what all the other 5-star reviewers have said up to now, and so I will. Jeff & Judy have created a paradise for those of us who just want to live out the day au naturel, absorbing the SoCal sun and relaxing with books, conversation and a cold beverage along the way, in a safe, comfortable, hassle-free environment. My wife and I are occasional visitors to San Diego's Blacks Beach and do enjoy a skinny dip in our own backyard pool when circumstances allow, but we are rookies to the clothing-optional spa experience, and Living Waters Spa (LWS) has ensured that we will very quickly become veterans. We're so enamored of the place, in fact, that we booked a return visit just several weeks hence before we’d even checked out.

What LWS is not: As the owners, through their website, promotional materials, and responses in this forum, make clear, LWS is NOT a "hook up" joint. It is not for those looking for a party by the pool. And it is not a large facility that accommodates enough guests to fill a small village. LWS will not tolerate sexual activity in its public spaces - though it certainly does allow, and even blesses, public displays of affection that would be appropriate in any other public setting, and it certainly has no issue with its overnight guests getting a groove on in the blinds-closed privacy of their poolside suites or adjacent condos. LWS expects that noise from guests be limited to normal conversational tones. LWS does pipe in music through its poolside sound system, but you'll find only the soft sounds of relaxation tracks and not the manic beats of a DJ club mix.

What LWS is: LWS is a spa, built for the purpose of rest & relaxation, sans clothing, in a private, peaceful and intimate setting. It is a reclaimed mid-century motor hotel formerly known as Kismet Lodge (and still proudly displays the original neon marquee bearing that name). The main property is a U-shaped structure with eight guest rooms and a massage studio surrounding two pools, through which naturally heated mineral water flows constantly from an underground source. The "small" pool is the warmer of the two (I'm guessing 100 degrees Fahrenheit) and is protected from the summer sun by an overhead canopy. The large pool below, which receives its in-flow of water from the smaller pool courtesy the natural tug of gravity, has full exposure to the day's sun and (I’d guess) sits at a very comfortable 90 degrees. The public area around the two pools is comfortable but quaint, so don't come looking for room to run around. Even then, if all of the 20 or so lounge chairs by the pool and on the sun deck were full of bodies, each guest would have ample personal space.

My wife and I stayed in Room 8 - a "corner" suite with full kitchen situated at one end of the "U," not more than twelve feet from the pool - and absolutely loved it. As with the rest of the property, the room reflects the spa's mid-century heritage but is very well maintained, very clean, and very comfortable (especially the custom-designed king bed). With the full kitchen (most of the units have them), we were able to bring all of our own food and drink and never leave the spa's protective walls, meaning we could savor the bliss of non-stop nakedness from arrival to departure. The rooms are not large, and neither are the bathrooms, but the quarters are certainly spacious enough for two people with a reasonable sense of proportion, and especially for those who prefer to spend their time doing what they've paid for - relaxing in and beside the pools under the sun during the day and the stars at night. For guests who need more living space, LWS also owns six 2-bedroom spa condos just across the street (but also outside the protective walls of the spa proper, meaning you have to don shorts and tee shirt at least twice a day).

We also discovered almost immediately upon arrival that the signature LWS massage, especially when done in the couples format, is a little slice of heaven on earth. If you choose to do so (and I suspect most people do), you'll receive this relaxation massage while fully nude, which truly is a special experience. And lest you think any "funny business" might take place, know going in that the LWS massage therapists are (a) fully clothed and (b) consummately professional in every respect. And they are very good at what they do. Very well worth the extra splurge, especially when you know your "sweetie" is receiving the very same treatment just a few feet away (something you should take at least a little time to observe when the position of your own body on the table allows).

Other touches include: A personal greeting at the front gate by Jeff, Judy or one of the staff when you arrive (and be prepared for their wrap-towels to fall away, and your clothing-optional experience to begin, as soon as the gate closes behind you); continental-style breakfast from 8:00 to 10:00 each morning (complete with fresh-brewed coffee made from fresh-ground Starbucks beans); and beverages with light snacks in the warmth of the small pool at 3:00 each day. Overnight guests who have checked out of their rooms are welcome to extend their stay on the grounds until 5:00pm, when the spa closes to day-use customers; while departing guests whose rooms are not otherwise booked by incoming guests can remain in their rooms all the way up to 5:00. And, of course, we can’t forget the beautiful, panoramic view of Mt. San Jacinto, which towers almost 11,000 over the Coachella Valley floor below.

If you're a newcomer who is, as we were, at least a smidge apprehensive at the thought of making conversation with strangers while nude in three feet of water, don't worry. We found the apprehension melting away almost immediately upon our noontime arrival, and it was long gone by the time we finished our 1:30 massages and made our way to the first 3:00 refreshment break of our stay.

You can tell by now that my wife and I left LWS with nothing but excitement for the clothing-optional spa experience and gratitude that we live close enough to return anytime and every time we wish. Jeff & Judy (and Lily & Kat), thank you for making our first time - and our wedding anniversary to boot! - a very special experience.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SurfNSkiSD
Reviewed 29 May 2013

This was our second time to the spa to celebrate my wifes birthday. We made a last minute booking. Jeff and Judy are wonderful hosts. The happy hour in the spa is always very good and the BBQ and potluck was amazing. Great people all the way around. We could not have a better day of relaxation. Thank you Living Waters Spa once again.....

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cary_c9
Also consider these accommodations in or near Desert Hot Springs
Miracle Springs Resort and Spa
Miracle Springs Resort and Spa
#7 of 22 in Desert Hot Springs
Aqua Soleil Hotel & Mineral Water Spa
Aqua Soleil Hotel & Mineral Wate...
#8 of 22 in Desert Hot Springs
#18 of 22 in Desert Hot Springs
Lido Palms Resort and Spa
Lido Palms Resort and Spa
#10 of 22 in Desert Hot Springs

Been to Living Waters Clothing-optional Spa? Share your experiences!