“Peaceful and relaxation”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Desert Hot Springs
Living Waters Clothing-optional Spa
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Whenever I hit a point in life when I need to unplug and get away, I seek out Living Waters Spa. Our latest trip was no exception. Life had hit us hard this year, and my first instinct was to head to this oasis in the desert. Jeff and Judy have created a safe and sane environment for those of us who enjoy clothing optional retreats. The mineral pools are a treat for the skin, and nothing quite compares to floating around at night with the peace of the open sky. The 3 o'clock drinks and snacks session in the small covered pool is not to be missed. The conversations range from health to politics, to "Hey, did anyone else notice we're naked". The shared laughter is a treat to for the soul. No trip to the Living Waters Spa is complete without a massage. This trip we partook in a couples massage, Lilly and Kat were spot on with pressure and technique. Our room was spotless and the bed was comfortable. We had some traveling snafus, but arrangements were made for our late arrival. The continental breakfast and coffee was just right. For us, it's not a question of if we'd return, but when.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank StevenLisaG
There are newer reviews for Living Waters Clothing-optional Spa

Reviewed 10 October 2013

Every time I visit Desert Hot Springs I know exactly where I'm going to fulfill all my needs for a get-away retreat: Living Waters Spa! There is nothing better than their mineral-rich pool and jacuzzi tub. The rooms are perfectly modern and accommodate those, such as myself, who like having a kitchen to create their own meals and not take one second away from the experience there. Jeff and Judy have also created a safe haven for the resort's theme of birthday-suit attire. I was hooked after trying it only once and now feel sick when I think I actually have to swim elsewhere in a chlorinated pool and search through racks of bathing suits that cut off circulation. I became a ruined and transformed soul all at once after staying the first night. And I promise you, after one day at Living Waters Spa and feeling recharged, sun-kissed, and relaxed, you too will speak of no other location than this diamond in the rough!

Room Tip: The condos are perfect for week long get-aways. It's like home away from home; full kitchen, li...
2  Thank Angelbaby644
Reviewed 8 October 2013

In less than a week my return to Living Waters Spa will be a reality. October 15th, 2013 marks the beginning of my third long term seasonal visit to Desert Hot Springs.

Close your eyes and imagine 6 months in a near perfect winter microclimate with 24 hour access to the world's best chemical and odor-free HOT MINERAL WATER.

Keep them closed and envision a spacious 2 bedroom completely furnished condo with all the amenities including WI-FI, stunning valley views, garage parking and friendly neighbors.

Don't open them yet. Picture your hosts Jeff and Judy, LWS staff Kathy & Lilly... and their magic hands as they make time stand still with a variety of massage/spa treatment options.

Sound like the perfect daydream?

Open your eyes and visualize all that Living Waters Spa is and what they offer. Fantasize about the FREEDOM of enjoying a clothing-optional poolside environment with other like-minded and discriminating world travelers.

Convinced??? Book a weekend poolside to relax or spend part of the winter in a condo and rejuvenate. Either way you'll leave restored and recharged...anxiously awaiting your next visit.

“The reason birds can fly and we can't is simply because they have perfect faith, for to have faith is to have wings.”
― J.M. Barrie, The Little White Bird

Human nature is like water. It takes the shape of its container.
-- Wallace Stevens

I look forward to meeting you. All the Best!

Room Tip: Poolside rooms 7 & 8 have larger kitchens. Perfect for long weekends. Ask about weekly/monthly...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank fred r
Reviewed 3 October 2013

We had such a fantastic time the one day we spent here last year, we decided to make this our home during our Memorial Day weekend vacation. They did not disappoint. Jeff and Judy made us feel so welcome and cared for during our entire stay. We totally feel like family now. I also have to mention Lilly. Lilly of the valley is what we call her. She's always so sweet and helpful. A very pleasant addition to the staff, and always with a smile on her face. It's a given that you'll have everything you want and need at your disposal, here but it's the proprietors who really make the experience worthwhile. We will certainly be back. Jeff, Judy, and Lilly, thank you so much for another fantastic experience!

2  Thank Khadijah O
Reviewed 25 September 2013

This small unassuming hotel in Desert Hot Springs turned out to be the perfect place for us to relax after a week of hiking and desert exploring. The rooms were clean and welcoming, the staff a joy. We particularly appreciated that the mineral springs were at a temperature that allowed us to soak for hours on end, enjoying easy conversation with other guests and a delightful surprise when the owner brought out snacks and drinks and joined us in the late afternoon. We never felt the need to go anywhere else. We will undoubtedly return to the Living Waters Spa

Room Tip: Any room would be great
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lmarijkeAlpine_CA
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Our trip to Living Waters Spa was like going back to Eden. A great couples massage, great conversation with owners, wonderful healthy breakfast & coffee, social hour at the mineral pool. We are going to try to get there a few times a years to relax and rejuvenate!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2013

My wife and I visit the Palm Springs area a couple times a year and the Living Waters Spa has been on my bucket List for a few years. The overwhelming positive reviews on Trip Advisor made my wife's decision easy, "Ok, let's give it a try." Jeff and Judy have created a location where relaxation and serenity are the focus. The LWS is not a party place, there is no loud music and the guests we spoke with were all there for quality time away from the fast pace of life. Yes, the 75 minute couples massage by Judy and Lilly was the most relaxed we have been; undisturbed massage with special LWS unscented oils and quiet music in a pleasant air conditioned massage room.

We were day guests only this first visit. If a day guest make reservations. I suggest you take Judy and Jeff up on the offer to be at LWS at 10:00, enjoy the mineral spa and pool. Plan a couples massage in the afternoon so you can enjoy the healing waters after the massage. Also, the sangria and tea is served spa-side at 3:00.

Couples, regardless of age, visit LWS and enjoy the couples massage tell your special loved one you care......yes, we will return for relaxation and another couples massage.

1  Thank garyca
Also consider these accommodations in or near Desert Hot Springs
Miracle Springs Resort and Spa
Miracle Springs Resort and Spa
#7 of 22 in Desert Hot Springs
Aqua Soleil Hotel & Mineral Water Spa
Aqua Soleil Hotel & Mineral Wate...
#8 of 22 in Desert Hot Springs
#18 of 22 in Desert Hot Springs
Lido Palms Resort and Spa
Lido Palms Resort and Spa
#10 of 22 in Desert Hot Springs

Been to Living Waters Clothing-optional Spa? Share your experiences!