“Impressive! We will return.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Desert Hot Springs
Living Waters Clothing-optional Spa
Edmonton, Canada
“Impressive! We will return.”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

This was our first clothing optional experience. Reviews on tripadvisor.ca made us feel Living Waters would be the best selection for us. With a long day of travel and being tired upon arrival we were both not sure if we were ready for this. After a great meal at a Mexican restaurant that night (recommended by Jeff and Judy), then a great sleep on the very comfortable bed, a nice light breakfast before massages the next morning, followed by a soak in the pools we came to the decision we made the best choice. We were quickly becoming comfortable with the clothing optional spa.
Jeff and Judy made us feel very comfortable at all times. Having one of the massage therapists join the clothing optional afternoon sangria break even made us more comfortable.
We will definitely be returning to Living Waters.

Room Tip: We stayed in room #2 close to the hot pool. It was very good.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank GRW2014

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Whenever we want to have a true vacation we return to LWS. We just returned from our fifth stay, I would like to be there right now. We usually stay for a week.
The condo was a great deal. Every time we go there we talk about going exploring the surrounding area, this time we went out twice which was a lot for us. We are so comfortable that we do not want to go any where.
The water is magical and cleansing, the sauna is great, the pool is fun, the jacuzzi is the best, specially around happy hour. We have always met the most interesting and wonderful people at the resort.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank OceanBoundAgain
Irvine, California
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Let me start saying that I didn't choose this place, but my husband did. I wanted some relax time and my husband came out with this surprise for me over a weekend in March 2013.
This small hotel is run by people that really want you to know and feel like you are a guest in their house, despite the fact that you are paying (a lot) for it. They offered a hors d'oeuvres in the afternoon, but you could enjoying it only if you would have joined the owners and the other guests in the small hot pool. For me it was quite odd to share a hotel facility with the owners and the staff. And of course they were naked since it's a clothing optional place. If I wanted the sharing-the-place-with-the-owners experience, then I would have gone to a B&B and probably pay half of the price.
Nevertheless, I'd like the room where we spent two nights. Very quiet and with a very big and super-comfortable bed. We also had a kitchenette so we could just enjoy the clothing optional experience for the whole time, without having to leave the premises. However, I just couldn't stand the atmosphere of the place. Not because of the clothing optional part, but because of the owners.
The straw that broke the camel's back and brought me to give a 3-star rating (it would have been a 4-star otherwise) was the check-out procedure. With our receipt we received a letter that threaded us to not write a review on TripAdvisor unless we were giving a 5-star rating. Please note that we have not been politely asked because of a serious concern of the owners of doing a good job. The letter pointed out that they just care to make it to the Travellers' Choice Award list. That's it! The thread was so effective that it took me months to finally decide to write this review. And I am sure many others didn't bother at all. Furthermore, you can check yourself how the owners replied to some of the not 5-star reviews on this website.
I was so mad that despite we could stay on the premises until 5 pm, even if the check out was at 11 am, I asked my husband to leave immediately after I read that letter.
Let me add another note: Do not get a massage there! I am sure that the staff is certified to give massages, but the quality is very very low. More than once I had the feeling that the masseur didn't have a clue of what she was doing. And she never asked if she was doing fine or the pressure was good. Considering that we have been charged twice that what we would have been at home (and we live in an expensive area in SoCal) and we had to pay the not-so-complimentary gratuity, I felt ripped off for all the time I was there.

Room Tip: Do not get massages there!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Jahda
LivingWatersSpa, Owner at Living Waters Clothing-optional Spa, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Living Waters Spa is a unique experience among small hotels. We are sorry that we were not what this person was expecting and perhaps our uniqueness just caught her off guard. If one is only used to large hotels where you never meet the owners or know the staff by name, then the Living Waters Spa experience IS for most people, a welcome surprise. Actually it is what brings our guests back, again and again. We, Jeff and Judy, are the owners. We do live on site and we enjoy the interaction with the guests at our afternoon hors d'oeuvre time. By living onsite we can ensure guests a safe and quiet spa atmosphere and instantly respond to their needs.

We value our guests’ feedback and after their visit we do send an email soliciting their constructive input to make our oasis a better OASIS. We copy Lexus and other high quality customer service brands. If we cannot rate 5 stars please tell us how we can improve. Our request for input is sincere and we take to heart all the feedback that is given to us. To conclude that our only goal in requesting feedback is to win awards is incorrect and frankly would not work. If we win any awards it is the by-product of our passion and response to our guests’ needs.

Lastly, our massage… is magical. It is also not your typical “beat you up” or “fast food” type massage. Our massage is one that “puts you together” and transports the mind and soul. We, Jeff and Judy, are massage therapists and we created our “Signature” Living Waters Spa massage. All of our therapists do this unique massage in their own way. One can read the 300+ reviews over the past 10 years here on TripAdvisor and learn what others have said about our massage as well as their take on the Living Waters Spa experience. We encourage folks to do so. By her own admission, this reviewer did not herself choose Living Waters Spa. Perhaps if she had read the TripAdvisor reviews and visited our website, she would have had accurate expectations OR just not booked a vacation with us. Life is too short for anyone to vacation where they are not a “fit” for what the destination is all about. Yours for the Oasis of Living Waters Spa, -Jeff and Judy, Owners.
June Lake, California, United States
Reviewed 23 January 2014

We've been visiting Jeff and Judy since they opened their cozy spa 10 years ago. Always meet friendly new guests when we're there and Jeff and Judy feel like family to us. Love the breakfast options and great coffee in the morning and 'happy hour' in the spa chatting with other guests.

Room Tip: Rooms with kitchenette are handy so you don't have to leave the property for meals.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pamoloop
Menlo Park, California
Reviewed 15 January 2014

My wife and I visited Living Waters for the second time at the end of December. We LOVE Living Waters and will definitely be back! Please see my July 1, 2013 review "Relaxation Perfected". Jeff and Judy are wonderful hosts and Living Waters Spa is a fantastic get away. We enjoyed forgetting about Winter in the sauna and the warm water. The massages by Lilly were a great way to begin our trip. Can't wait to go back!!

1 Thank Russell D
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 8 January 2014

We had a wonderful time at LWS. We will definitely go back there again. Thank you for the New Years Eve party. Cat's massage was very helpful to me. The group massage was very enjoyable. We had a great time. Again, thanks for a good time. A&A

1 Thank QuietMan2014
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 28 December 2013

We spent Christmas day and the day after at LWS and it was wonderful. Nice, relaxing and friendly. The massages were among the best we have ever had. Don't miss the opportunity to relax and pamper yourself. We will definitely return.

1 Thank Jayybrd
Also consider these accommodations in or near Desert Hot Springs
Miracle Springs Resort and Spa
Miracle Springs Resort and Spa
#6 of 22 in Desert Hot Springs
Aqua Soleil Hotel & Mineral Water Spa
Aqua Soleil Hotel & Mineral Wate...
#8 of 22 in Desert Hot Springs
#18 of 22 in Desert Hot Springs
Lido Palms Resort and Spa
Lido Palms Resort and Spa
#9 of 22 in Desert Hot Springs

Been to Living Waters Clothing-optional Spa? Share your experiences!