“Peace, tranquility, and a little "wind"”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Desert Hot Springs
Living Waters Clothing-optional Spa
Colorado
“Peace, tranquility, and a little "wind"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2010

First time here, found it on the web and were we surprised. Two days of relaxation ready made. Jeff and Judy make your stay by their ever attentive care. The massage is amazing and the pools subperb. We even enjoyed our last day dispite the wind. Wish I could tell you to bypass this place (to keep it to ourselves) but alas I cannot. Amazing spa, amazing hosts, and amazing rooms.

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Englewood, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2010

As my husband can attest, I can be kind of picky. However, I am not comfortable in a pretentious and stuffy "typical" spa atmosphere. Living Waters Spa was right up our alley. The rooms were clean, modern and comfortable. The clientele were a great group of people that you can actually have a conversation with (now try to find that at other spas!). The pools were a perfect temperature. You could soak all day, but there is a lot to do in the area (Joshua Tree National Park, Big Morongo Canyon Preserve). The location is easy to find, and in a quiet part of the town. This would be a perfect place to make your base camp and explore JTNP and go birding in the nearby canyons. We arrived in time to soak before the daily hors d'oeuvres. It wasn't hard to convince us to stay another night. Judy and Jeff made a spectacular Thanksgiving dinner for all of the guests. It was a perfect end to a wonderful stay with an amazing community of folks.

2 Thank estellablue
mena ar
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2010

I will say only this….. Living waters spa…. It is a sliver of shimmering tranquility hidden in the desert...... if your soul is in need of healing and restoring… the peace and comfort that Jeff and Judy surround you with is surreal. Its a place where you can linger from the conversation spa to the pool as you find your self drifting to the soothing music that weaves in and out of the gentle winds…. It is a place where you will find solitude… quite chatter of new friends… transcending massage…beautiful sunrises and sunsets and the power of healing that i have found only their water to bring.... my holidays have found me visiting in July and November… and although the weather was different each visit… it was absolutely amazing…. It is a place I will find myself going again and again…. as a single 30 something female it was so wonderful to find myself in an environment that i felt completely safe and could allow myself to simply "be".... if this is what your body and soul are in search of on your next stop along the way..... once you arrive at living waters... you wont even have to look.... it will find you... enjoy....

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank liberta_freedom
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2010

Warm, sun, warm water, warm hearts. Great people and a wonderful philosophy of relax and rejuvenate. LWS is the perfect getaway to relieve stress and remember why you are with your partner. We always come back to the calm, welcoming setting that Jeff and Judy provide because they care about the well-being of each guest.

1 Thank LabBarb
Commerce City, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2010

This is the first hotel/spa review I’ve ever written. But I was so delighted with Living Waters Spa, I logged on and wrote it as soon we got back home. It was truly the best Spa I have stayed at in all categories!

Living Waters Spa was excellent and exceeded my expectations in every area. My husband and I visited for a few days for a relaxing start to our vacation. It was the perfect way to begin our two weeks in California! We were welcomed as soon as we arrived and were paid diligent attention throughout our stay to make sure all of our needs were met. It was a very friendly, social and relaxing atmosphere.

Each morning we woke up after a restful sleep on their oversized king beds (covered in pillows of various types so you can choose whatever kind you prefer). We woke up to sunlight beaming through the sliding glass door with a perfect view of the mountains, palm trees and pool, all before leaving bed. Talk about the perfect way to start your day! The rooms were decorated with a modern decor matching the spa lifestyle. I loved the low bed and floating side tables, very Feng Shui! Our room also had a full sized kitchen with all appliances and kitchen goods (plates, utensils, etc). There was also a breakfast nook, but who wants to use that when you can be out by the pool!

Fresh coffee and a breakfast assortment were waiting for us. (Many other spas charged ridiculous amounts for this, but it was all complementary at Living Waters.) After an enjoyable breakfast it was time for more relaxation! I indulged and had the best massage of my lifetime! I've gotten a massage every few months since I was 20 and this was truly in its own league! If I had more money, I'd fly to California every month for the massage alone! If you take any advice from this review, take this - Don't leave there without getting a massage!!!

I love having the pools at different temperatures! I swam in the cooler pool to stretch out my muscles before the massage and then soaked in the warmer pool afterwards. I felt like I could've slept for days! I also snuck out at midnight the night we arrived and swam by myself. What a wonderfully peaceful time. The pools are lit modestly, so that I could float on my back and see all the beautiful stars filling the night sky. I live in the city and am not used to such beauty and quiet. It was truly incredible.

Also, I've previously been to a few Hot Springs in Colorado. Those are nice and warm but smell like sulfur and taste horrible if you're unfortunate enough to get it in your mouth. The showers and drinking water are rough too. But Living Waters Spa wasn't like that at all. They have a constant stream of fresh water running into their pools directly from the spring. But you wouldn't know it's not water fresh from the mountains! There's no smell or foul taste, but you still enjoy all the health benefits of a hot spring!

Desert Hot Springs is a lovely quaint little town in the foothills with lots of history and character, fun shops and great restaurants. But in case you're looking for a little more, Palm Springs is just a short drive away for an afternoon at the movies or a day of electronics shopping. (That's what we did anyway!)

The spa is situated in a private area and built perfectly. The rooms surround the courtyard and pools area which means every room has a view. The building itself is structured in such a way that no matter what time of the day there is natural shade on one side or the other and yet there is also sun all day as well with a beautiful view of the mountains! Other spas in the area are on the other side of the mountain and don't have any sun after 3pm! The location is perfect for a spa because the town is relaxing even outside of the spa. There are rolling hills, wildlife, windmills, and forests. What a perfect location.

During our trip we discovered they also have Spa condos for those want to stay a little longer. The rooms were larger than a typical hotel room, but we might consider the condos for our next stay. And there will definitely be a NEXT stay!

1 Thank narissahill
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2010

We just returned from LWS and are nice and relaxed. This was our second visit this year; we hope to return one more time before the year is out. The owners were away, but Jenna was a great host. As on our last visit several months ago, the pool and spa were clean and refreshing. My wife loves the soft feeling of her skin, after spending time in the mineral water.

This has been a great place to visit as a clothing-optional resort. The staff makes you feel comfortable about being nude and/or not feeling judged if you are not quite ready to take you clothes off, as is the case with my wife. She is only up to being topless, but only when she is on a lounger. She will not get up and walk around yet, but that’s okay. She has a great time just laying out soaking up the sun and meeting different people.

The daytime temperatures were around 95 degrees, clear skies with gentle breezes. I admit that shade can be hard to find, but there are areas. For us we needed the sun after several days of stormy weather at home. It was great to strip down and just lay around on the lounge chairs, while being lulled into a restive state by the music that was playing.

I was surprised that a previous poster said they were afraid to have normal conversations, and the guests were in their 70’s. We found no problem carrying on conversations. In fact during our first visit, the owner, Jeff, was doing some improvement work on the roof, and we had no problem talking with him while he worked. There were several couples whose ages ranged from the 20’s to mid 50’s, on both our stays. Everyone was friendly and fun to talk with.

LWS is a place to relax and leave the “real” world behind for a while. If you are looking for lots of activity, this is not the place. The “main” activity is the 3:00 snacks, not just for the snacks themselves, but a time for the host, in this case Jenna to bring everyone together at the spa, to meet one another. My wife and I enjoy this part of the day, after just chilling out from our hectic lives. Thanks LWS!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2010

Living Waters Spa remains our top choice for clothes-free relaxation, and clothes-free is the way we relax best. Owners Jeff and Judy Bowman have become friends as we have made more than half a dozen visits over as many years. What we like most is the completely laid-back comfort.

We continue to refer first-timers to Living Waters Spa. The atmosphere is at once peaceful and respectful. The sun is desert-warm. The optional massages further the sense of peace and tranquility.

If "unwinding" includes party animals, loud music or inappropriate public behavior, Living Waters Spa is NOT going to please you or the other guests. If perfect pools, gentle breezes, quiet time and social conversations in the spa appeal, then Living Waters might be perfect for you.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple