“Great place for dogs”
other travellers have booked this property
WI-fi, Satellite TV. Great King Size bed
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
WI-fi, Satellite TV.
Great King Size bed
Deluxe bath w/ Jacuzzi Tub
View to kitchen from dining area
Quiet patio overlooking private fence rear yard.
Private Gated Drive to secluded Casita
Front exterior
Front entry
Jacuzzi Hot MINERAL WATER tub. filled direct from our well!
Sit under the Palapa, or star gaze in the hot tub
Ohh so relaxing, so private.
View of yard and back of Casita
Rear lawn and fenced yard from outdoor breakfast table
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Jshim11
San Jose, California
“Great place for dogs”
Reviewed 23 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015

Best accidental find ever!!! I was looking for a location near Desert Hot Springs for a meet and greet between two shy dogs. One dog was a potential adoptee and the other dog was one I dog sit everyday. I needed to watch the dynamics between the two dogs before deciding if it was a match. Rick was willing to let me rent the casita knowing the purpose of my visit. The dogs met on leash for a walk around the property and showed no aggression towards each other. The next step was to let them meet off leash in the enclosed backyard. Yay!!! They were fine with each other so the last step was to take them inside the casita. I will be picking up Rosie sometime in September to join two "packs" of dogs I regularly walk, it was a go. Renting a hotel room and then meeting at a dog park would have stressed both these girls and may have caused me to not consider Rosie as adoptable. So thank you Rick for giving me and my next dog a chance to meet under the best possible circumstances. Rick was also a part of this process when he came over and met Rosie who is scared of men. Rosie barked and barked at Rick who left and came back later to be accepted the second time. Rosie, as dogs can do said that Rick was obviously a dog person and I made mistake barking at him the first time.
In addition, Rick was gracious enough to let us meet his miniature show horses and give us a tour of his place next door. Absolutely THE place to stay with dogs. A safely fenced in property for a relaxing stay, allowing dogs to be dogs and roam and sniff at their leisure.

Next time I'll use the hot tub to relax at the end of the day, this visit was a dog centered one so walking and playing were the goals.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The fenced property and separate fenced in backyard
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 65+
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing