“very good”

Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 8th Street
Transit: Sunline Line Route 14 stops across from the hotel.
Description: THE LEGENDARY CAPRI RESTAURANT ISNOW AT MIRACLE SPRINGS RESORT & SPAThe popular Capri Restaurant, a Desert Hot Springs landmark for 35 years, is now at Miracle Springs Resort & Spa. At the helm is 3rd generation Chef Anthony Santucci, grandson of founders John Sr. and Julia Santucci. The Capri features fine Italian dining, specializing in hand-cut to order 16-ounce steaks, homemade Italian sausage, homemade desserts and seasonal local produce. Daily Specials are inspired by the latest trends in fine dining. A separate dining room is available for groups and functions.
Reviewed 3 May 2014

very nice place with the best waiter and staff.the food was excellent and the wine that was suggested was perfect .we could have a meal it was so much. great price for a very wonderful meal!!

Reggie B, Public Relations Manager at Capri Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

I'm really glad you enjoyed your experience. I will pass your service compliments along to the rest of the staff. Hope you come back soon!

There are newer reviews for Capri Italian Restaurant

Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

Took 3 guests and myself to Capri last night. I made reservations beforehand. Their char-broiled beef is best, especially for the price. The Filet Mignon got high marks as did my Rib Eye! Very flavorful, and with some cocktails and a desert, got out for under $105! Pretty amazing! I will go back since the menu is varied enough for different tastes.
JP

Reggie B, Guest Relations Manager at Capri Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

So glad you enjoyed all we have to offer at the Capri Restaurant!! Hope to have you back for more tasting.

Best,

Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

We've been coming to DHS for 20+ years. In that time time we mostly stayed and ate at Two Bunch Palms. Recently, TBP has gone down hill in our eyes. The Capri restaurant offers similar fare with less pretence at two-thirds the price.
The steaks are excellent, as is the rack of lamb. The service, although a little rough around the edges is friendly and helpful. The wine list is quite extensive and not overpriced.

Reggie B, Guest Relations Manager at Capri Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Thank you for your compliments on the menu and the food preparation. Look forward to having you back again at Miracle Springs!

Reviewed 28 March 2014

We had fairly low expectations going here, but went as we were staying at the hotel. The restaurant is run by a separate entity from the hotel and the host hasn't eaten there! No one on staff had eaten there, seems like poor marketing to me or maybe not.

We ordered carefully figuring that you could order items that couldn't be ruined but we were wrong. We had small plates and the food was barely passable and the service was horrid. The tomatoes with mozzarella were not ripe and if you know anything about Italians they pride themselves on their tomatoes and the best produce. The atmosphere is lack luster and I would not eat there again. This is a nice town with no good places to eat except for the Thai place on the main drag, it's too bad it could be a great satellite location for some Palm Springs culinary masters who cannot afford the rent over there.

Reggie B, Guest Relations Manager at Capri Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Thanks for the review. My family owns the hotel and the Capri Restaurant. I'm sorry we had un-ripe tomatoes that day because we do have great food. Hope you get the chance to try us out again.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Maybe I'm just from the Bay Area where everything is amazing. But I expect better food from California. This is on par with what I'd find back in Indiana, where I'm from. The blue cheese dressing was good. But the steak, which they are known for, was disappointing. Pasta sauce was terrible. But I'm Italian, so it might be ok for other. :-) Drinks were very good. Breadsticks were super good. Blue cheese dressing was amazing. Breakfast also good.

Thanks for the feedback. We are certainly popular for our steaks, which are delicious and are served at super low prices.

You also said you liked the drinks, breaksticks, Blue Cheese dressing and the breakfast.. sounds pretty "good" to me.. :) anyway I hope you had a nice experience at our place. We are a family run hotel and restaurant and we work very hard to do a good job and appreciate the balanced review.