“Wonderful Place”

Hyundae Resort And Spa
Ranked #21 of 22 Hotels in Desert Hot Springs
“Wonderful Place”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

My wife and I had experienced the most wonderful time at Hyundae Resort and Spa. The general manager Ella was the sweetest lady ever and offered a lot of help. She was on the top of everything and was very grateful. We will definitely go back to the same resort.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ruben y
Hotel M, General Manager at Hyundae Resort And Spa, responded to this review, 10 June 2015
Dear, Guest.
Your feedback was greatly appreciated! We are truly a customer-focused hotel and, thanks to folks like you who take the time to tell us how we’re doing, we can strive to do even better. My staff and I were delighted to read your kind words; this review has already inspired me to look for even more ways to give our guests the service they deserve. Thank you again!

Ella Mnatsakanova / General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Korean first
Sparks
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I was searching for an economical place to stay in Desert Hot Springs since we would be staying a week and a half. Hyundae Resort appeared on my searches. I was surprised to see that it was open because in August 2013, I had seen that it was closed. From the exterior and in some places on the interior it appears unusual with the cave motif. The layout is a three-story rectangular hotel surrounding the swimming pool and hot tub. Per the sign in the lobby: Please excuse our dust-we are remodeling. We stayed nine nights which gave us a chance to meet the employees and observe the constant improvements. They finished repainting the exterior during our visit. One of the customers said the wi-fi only works in the lobby area. Near the end of our stay, cable was being added so wi-fi would work throughout the hotel. Our room (on the third floor) was spacious with a king size bed, two sinks in the bathroom area and a balcony with a view of the San Jacinto Mountains and much of Desert Hot Springs. The room had been recently repainted. When we checked in our TV did not want to switch channels properly. We notified the front desk. After returning from dinner there was a different TV and 37 channels available. Our room did not have a mini-refrigerator. However, the weeknight price was only $65 and $70 on Friday & Saturday. I could buy a lot of ice for the difference of what I would pay at the other hotels ($100 or more per night). Some of the areas that are not reopened are dirty and the east parking lot needs cleaning. The entire area of the hotel rooms and pool is very clean. Remember: this is a work in progress. Ella, the general manager, is doing her best to make the resurrection of this hotel successful. During most trips something goes wrong. We had a flat tire. Being from out of town I did not know where to go. The front desk clerk told me where the tire store was and exactly how to get there. I would recommend this hotel to others. It is getting better all of the time.

Room Tip: Some rooms appear to have kitchenettes.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Clark H
Reviewed 10 April 2014

My wife and I stayed at the resort and we had a great time. The hotel is very nice and clean, the rooms are spacious and all the staff are attentive and welcoming. We are very grateful to the general manager Ella and the front desk manager Angela for their great hospitality. We recommend this hotel to everyone and we are definitely planning on visiting again.

3 Thank Jessica S
The Adirondacks
Reviewed 28 March 2014

This is an older motel that has been refurbished. Rooms have clean carpets, recently-painted walls, but older bathroom vanity/mirror. Small kitchen area - older but functional, with a 4-burner electric stove, refrig, a few plates and utensils, but no coffee maker.
The free wi-fi is a bit slow; it's adequate for email and webpages, probably not for streaming Netflix, through. The nice outdoor pool and hot tub area would be great for kids. The TV is a smallish (24" diagonal) flat panel one. There's no phone in room (but it's the 21st century - you have a cellphone, don't you?). The biggest detriment is the dimly-lit parking lot. The sliver of soap was barely enough to wash your hands, so if you intend to take a shower, bring your own soap. Overall, good accommodations, especially for the price I paid.

5 Thank Marty P
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Had room on 3rd floor. Renovations clearly in progress. Carpet and shower curtain were new as well as the paint in the room.The room smelled clean. However, stopper in sink did not work, only shear curtain on balcony window, no clock. Area a bit questionable. Coffee and tea was available in the lobby. Work being done on the Spa area and bar. Ella was nice. Mr and Mrs Oh were always busy tidying, supplying fresh pool towels, and saying a friendly hello, how are you? The hot tub was very hot and the pool was warm. Spring fed was great--no chlorine smell. Don't forget the charcoal if you want to BBQ. Microwave and fridge were what sold us. We stayed 4 nights and was very pleased over all. Couldn't get a better rate. Bed was pretty comfortable. Definitely would return

Room Tip: request a room that has been renovated
2 Thank Tucson_AZAdventurer
kerrville
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I was really worried when we drove up because the reviews on Trip Advisor were great. After an interesting check in ( the owners are not very fluent in English) we were pleased with the rooms. Again older, but clean.

2 Thank skgcdl
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 15 March 2014

I booked this hotel based on the reviews here, everyone seemed very pleased with the place. There are a few things I think need to be stated that would have affected my decision to stay here. The room felt as clean as they could make it but the room smelled probably from the very old carpet. The shower curtain had holes in it. The bed was dressed with only a sheet and a tiny throw blanket folded at the end. I asked for another blanket and was told it was in my closet. There I found a tiny fleece blanket that might have fit on a twin bed. I had a King bed. This is just weird and clueless regarding comfort and function. The place is under construction. It looked like it could very well be for the next ten years. There is only one entrance/ exit and you have to drive around the building from the parking lot each time. On my final day a bus with a large crowd of people and all their suitcases were completely blocking me from leaving. Very dysfunctional. The other thing is I think people might live here like an SRO. A lot of older people with their doors open, wet clothing and towels draped outside their rooms. That is the look of the place. That being said the owners were kind and tried to be helpful and I felt safe here. Very mixed bag.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo