“Welcome like family”

Ranked #15 of 22 Hotels in Desert Hot Springs
Redlands, California, United States
“Welcome like family”
Reviewed 27 June 2012

I recently spent 5 days at Nurturing Nest, and participated in the retreat program there for the second time. Overall, this was my third visit to the place within two years; but at this point it feels like I have been coming my whole life. Ram and Sandi treat me like family whenever I come to visit Nurturing Nest. Ever since I got to know them the first time I came for 5 or 6 days last year, the Gunés have been sincerely invested in my personal healing, and self improvement process. The fact that Nurturing Nest is such a small place allows them to extend the same welcome to each of their guests, making them feel personally, and genuinely cared for. The truth is, Nurturing Nest itself, as far as the actual facility goes, is a simple place. It is characterized by a natural, yet modest beauty, and certain quietude, which together foster one's personal connection to health and inner peace. But the true magic of this place comes from the nature of its owners, Sandi and Ram, who clearly embody the principles of compassionate, holistic healing their guests seek. So if you are looking for a fancy, luxurious resort with extensive amenities and special treatments that will give you an extravagant but impersonal experience, Nurturing Nest is not for you. But if you seek a truly heartfelt, personalized healing experience that nurtures your soul as well as your body, have no doubt, Ram and Sandi will deliver exactly what you want and need.

Room Tip: They're all lovely.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank ZizaCraig

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Reviewed 18 May 2012

This spot is a magical, restful and hidden gem in Desert Hot Springs. Sandy and Ram are the owners that provide wonderful assistance and offer wonderful yoga, massage and spiritual counceling sessions. Their water I believe is the best and I always leave there feeling like a million bucks. Rooms are clean and even have kitchens. I'm a repeat customer and always look forward to my next visit to Nurturing Nest.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Knash624
Okotoks, Canada
Reviewed 1 April 2012

My wife and I chose the Nurturing Nest with the hopes of spending some time focusing on our spiritual life rather than being pampered at a resort. Well, we really got both. When we arrived we were pleased to find that it was exactly as we expected; a cozy, spiritual oasis in the middle of an older, unassuming town. The mineral pools were so soothing and my wife said that she received the best massage that she's ever had. We had time to relax, reflect, and refuel.
The atmosphere was peaceful and friendly, and we soon discovered that the patrons were as well. We met some awesome people and new friends that have already played a role in furthering our spiritual awareness and quality of life. It was an extremely meaningful, enlightening, and destined experience that we will never forget.

4 Thank Geoff S
LA
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Spent an exceptionally relaxing and peaceful stay at this little oasis in Desert Springs. My girlfriend had been here awhile back and had very fond memories. We'd been looking to take a weekend road trip for awhile. Something just for ourselves. So she booked a room here and we enjoyed the perfect getaway from LA. The Nurturing Nest seems to attract good people and we appreciated both the company of the guests as well as the privacy of our cozy room. We took forays to nearby Two Bunch Palms (see The Player) for lunch and dinner, but were always happy to get back to the Nest. Ram and Sandy make fine hosts and we will soon be back for another dip in their healing hot spring waters.

3 Thank revJames13
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Hi.. this place is a little gem. Driving up.. it looks unassuming. The neighborhood is mediocre. However once you enter their little sanctuary.... the magic begins.

This place is run by the owners. They are around to talk to and hang out with... There is only a limited number of rooms, and the atmosphere is very mellow and full of personality. After 3 hours, we felt like we were staying at a friends home.. not a retreat.

We quickly met everyone who was staying there and ended making some great friends. We made our own food, brought in our own drinks. Simple fun and devoid of pretense.

I will be back for sure!

Jesse Gros

www.insightadventures.com

Room Tip: They are all the same as far as I can tell.
4 Thank JesseGros
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Yes, the Nurturing Nest has been my "home" for 12 years now. Whenever I begin to lose myself on the hamster wheel of stress in my 5 mile radius city cage, I know just the place to go where I can find myself again and get much needed perspective on life. Ram and Sandy have created the perfect oasis and healing environment with a small, simple and quiet 7 room sanctuary in the Desert Hot Springs spa zone. Only an hour and half or so outside LA, so close but so far from the hustle and bustle. Sometimes I make day trips to Joshua Tree National Park, hike Ryan mountain at sunrise, stop by Pioneer Town, but I'm always so happy to return to the Nest and it's soothing waters. Other times it's freakfest with Coachella singing to me, but I always feel so lucky to leave the throngs and bongs behind and return home to the minerals and ecstatic solitude of the Nest. All I can say is...make it your home too and do it soon. Your inner being will thank you for it.

Room Tip: they're all good and have their own personalities.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank eric e
Reviewed 12 March 2012

The owners of the Nurturing Nest, Dr. Sandy and Dr. Ramesh are unbelievably gracious, caring and professional. They have created a peaceful, relaxed, open and by all means "nurturing" environment for those who visit. I went on the Freedom Retreat to gain some clarity and peace of mind.....this retreat exceeded all of my expectations as not only did I leave feeling more balanced, energetic and settled...but I learned so much from them and left feeling truly inspired.

I would recommend the Nurturing Nest to anyone just needing a break, or some personal introspection....or just needing to re-examine their life. You will get much more than you bargained for, I promise!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo