“Loved every minute”

Nurturing Nest Mineral Hot Springs Retreat and Spa
Ranked #15 of 22 Hotels in Desert Hot Springs
Reviewed 15 July 2008

I had real good time and I will be back. After staying there for 5 days I feel 10 years younger. I have lost 10 lb in 5 days. WOW. I want to thanks Ram, Dr Sandi and brother Jim. I am a new man now.
I know I made friends for life. I am already planning my next trip.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled solo
1  Thank bponomarev
There are newer reviews for Nurturing Nest Mineral Hot Springs Retreat and Spa

Reviewed 18 April 2008

I decided to do a 5 day freedom retreat at Nurturing Nest instead of going to Burning Man last year, and it was exactly what my body needed. It felt like I pressed the re-start button on my body, and gave me the clarity I was looking for. From the minute I arrived, Ram and Sandi made me feel at home. I spent much of the day floating in the mineral water pool, relaxing and reading. The rooms are clean and simple, beds very comfortable, and there's free wireless so bring your laptop. All around a great experience.

Jerome from San Francisco

• Stayed: September 2007
1  Thank moonbite
Reviewed 20 March 2008

I have been back from the Freedom Retreat for 2 weeks now and everybody notices a difference in me. I feel great, lighter in every way. Ram and Dr. Sandi were unbelievably helpful and extremely caring, they provided me with invaluable tools to help me live my life in a much more peaceful and caring way. I can't recommend this retreat enough, go with an open mind and an open heart and you too will see the difference it can make in your life. The sweat lodge was incredible, I want to go back very soon.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled solo
1  Thank caribouLosAngeles
Reviewed 13 March 2008

I just came back from the five day Freedom Retreat. Five days of fasting, meditating, yoga, soaking, journaling, reading, silence, juicing, therapy, massage, circular breathing, hiking, and a ceremonial Indian sweat lodge to boot. If you're looking for a place to find yourself with the help of loving, nurturing guidance (the owners help you through every step of the way) -- you must go to this place! The Freedom Retreat has put me on a new course for the rest of my life.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled solo
2  Thank Madhouse000
Reviewed 24 October 2007

A life-changing experience! This retreat/spa exceeded my expectations even the second time around and has enabled me to turn my health around in only 5 days! The first time I went in March 2007, after having chronic insomnia all my life which was ruining my relationships and had gotten me fired from my job, I was in serious need of a life style change. At Nurturing Nest, I was able to get behind the cause and heal this stubborn condition that was ruining my health. The retreat groups are very small, which was great because I got all the support and nurturing I needed. Ram and Sandy, who run the place are two of the best Therapists and Healers I have ever encountered and they really give everything to help you reach your break-through. Daily one-on one sessions with Ram, a Harvard trained psychologist and Sandy, a miracle working Chiropractor and Nutritional Counselor really worked through all the blockage I was still holding on to, without being aware of it. Doing the Master Cleanse fast enables you to really get all the toxins out of your body, supported by Massages and the healing powers of the Mineral Spring Bath and the joyous experience of hiking at Joshua Tree Park as well as an authentic Native American Indian Sweat Lodge, make you leave behind any old habits, heal your wounds, and nurture yourself back to a beautiful whole person with your body feeling shiny and new. I have done this twice already and plan to go back every year. I recommend this to anyone and everyone, the detox can be life changing for people with serious issues, and also just a health boost for poeple who want to just be the best that they can be and really optimize their potential. Insomnia is a difficult health issue and I emerged from my stay at the Nurturing Nest with a healed heart/soul/and mind, as well as a set of tools to keep my body fit and my spirit happy for the rest of my life. This is a special place. Thank You Ram and Sandy!

Stayed: October 2007
2  Thank sasafrasNyc
Reviewed 22 October 2007

The Nuturing Nest 5 day retreat changed my life. I have been a CEO for over 20 years, including a billion dollar company. I have been blessed with good fortune in business, I have a wonderful and loving wife, and three great boys. To an outsider, seeing my life, you would want to be me. But inside, I realized that my life had become too hectic, I was totally fatigued, having great difficulty balancing my life, not sleeping well, and in general, I was losing my joy. All of this was preventing me from "living in the now" with inner peace. I was feeling totally alone. Everything I tried, at best, brought me temporary help. I know HUNDREDS of people just like me, with many of my friends going through different therapies, medicines, etc. for years, with little or no help.

But in just 5 days, Nurturing Nest changed my life. I know that what I just wrote seems very hard to believe.....but it is so very true. I discovered what was in my way and I now have clarity, from within, about how to live a life of joy....at every moment, no matter what may be occuring.

Nurturing Nest is a lovely, serene place. My room was great, the natural healing waters of the natural spa were like none I have ever experienced, and the owners are so full of love and wisdom, that put all together, cannot be copied. The wisdom of this couple, and their methods of helping a person discover what is blocking a true, fullfilling life, goes way past the many doctorate degrees they have. They are so good because they let you discover the simplicity of it all.

The only gift that I could give to you, is to suggest to you that you make this your very next trip. No matter what your occupation, no matter what your age, no matter what you have as issues, I know that you will discover what "IT" is that is blocking you from happiness and a joyfull life.....something I would guess, is a common goal for us all.

Make your reservation, enjoy the simplistic but beautifulness of the resort, find happiness and send me a mental "thank you" at the end of your stay.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled solo
1  Thank CEOArizona
Reviewed 6 September 2007

I went to Nurturing Nest after reading about it online. I spent a week at the Freedom Retreat and it was truly life defining. I am a single mom, with three kids and live in Virginia. I needed to get away from "my world" because I felt like I was stuck, neither moving forward, nor moving at all. I had never fasted, done yoga or meditated before. Ram and Sandi, the owners, were amazing and Jim, the manager, was terrific. Each is skilled at his/her job and the atmosphere they create is PERFECT. The place is comfortable, relaxing and time stands still. I learned life skills which have changed me forever and the time with the other guests was great. A big plus was the Native American sweat lodge visit and the hike at Joshua Tree National Park. I forgot that I was fasting! I cleaned out my body and mind and my family saw the change in me at once. I advise anyone who is looking to move forward and get "unstuck" to run, don't walk to Nurturing Nest's next retreat!

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled solo