“Freedom Retreat - Inspired and Nurtured”

Nurturing Nest Mineral Hot Springs Retreat and Spa
Ranked #15 of 22 Hotels in Desert Hot Springs
Portland, Oregon
“Freedom Retreat - Inspired and Nurtured”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I rarely leave reviews of anywhere, but I felt like I had to share my experience with the Nurturing Nest Freedom Retreat!

I was in a very transitional phase in my life, having moved back to the country after a time in SE Asia. I felt chronically stressed and fatigued. On a whim, I signed up for the June 2014 Freedom Retreat, and it turned out to be such an illuminating and powerful experience than I expected. Dr. Ram and Dr. Sandi are wonderful facilitators of the healing process, exuding warmth, kindness and genuine human compassion.

I left renewed, with a greater sense of purpose and connection to myself. The retreat is not a panacea - there are still things that I have to work on in the future, but I'm optimistic. So think of this as a jumping off point for your personal journey!

Room Tip: Room 7 is a detached suite, with more privacy and a kitchen/dining area. One of the walls faces the...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank Lucy K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Desert Hot Springs, California
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Two nights at Nurturing Nest were just amazing. The sheer magic of this place lies in the serene
mineral hot springs, breathtaking mountain views, organic simplicity of the room,decor, incredible display of natural elements and more importantly the loving care by the owners. I was totally disconnected from the world and was in tune with all that is beautiful. A truly grounding place. Loved it.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank rrrrtehynfds
Santa Monica, California
Reviewed 6 April 2014

When planning my trip, I considered several other high-scale resorts in the area…but thankfully I gave the Nurturing Nest a try. As soon as you walk through the door, you feel a sense of tranquility that you just don't get from a resort - at the Nurturing Nest, you feel like you're arrived at an extension of your own home - a place where you can truly "breath out" all of the mental and physical static you're trying to outrun. Quiet. Clean. The pools leave your skin feeling soft and tense muscles soon disappear. Love this place!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Kristin C
Oceanside, California
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I was well cared for by my hosts. My every need was met. I was very comfortable the entire week despite having the flu. Excellent sessions with Dr. Gune and with Sandy. I will return whenever I am in the area.

• Stayed January 2014
3 Thank noform
La Quinta, California
Reviewed 19 January 2014

After 5 years of personal loss combined with multiple physical traumas, I desperately needed to take a proactive step forward in my life. Change. Change to my physical body starting in my soul was what I instinctively knew I needed to find. With that in mind, I came to a retreat at The Nurturing Nest. My needs were profound. My goals and expectations were lofty and in someway not completely defined. I spent 5 days with Dr. Ramesh and Dr. Sandi Gune, the owners of The Nurturing Nest. They were the best, most meaningful, and inspiring 5 days of my life. The facility, the people, the program was beyond what I had imagined. I felt a sense of relaxation, comfort, and tranquility just entering the front door. But the true testament was the impact I felt while there. For a seemingly successful baby boomer woman, I can say I have never experienced such a total physical, spiritual, and emotional level of "peace" before in my life. It was palpable. And now three months later I endeavor to return to that feeling in my mind as often as possible. I plan to revisit The Nurturing Nest for an annual mind, body, and soul rejuvenation. I give my experience a 5+ review. Patti Herrera

Room Tip: From my perspective all rooms are special. This is a simple, unassuming site. The power is not in...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank Patti H
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Wow. Gf and I celebrated my 60th birthday here. If I could survive 24 hours in their hot pool I would move in! A simple efficient room, great outdoor pool, and mellow guests. Quiet and serene. Sandra and Ramesh were very gracious hosts.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank sjarrettcreative
Santa Monica, California
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We just returned from our fourth trip to Nurturing Nest. It’s the perfect retreat from our busy lives. As other reviewers have mentioned, this is a small, simple, updated desert motel. Nothing too fancy, but just perfect for us. The rooms are attractive and comfortable. Free WiFi, but no TV – thankfully. Best of all are the two natural hot spring-fed pools, which are open 24-hours. We think that their in-door “hot” therapeutic pool is one of the best anywhere. Housed in a free standing enclosure with large windows on three sides, this pool appears large enough to accommodate twenty people, though there were never more than a couple of others in the pool with us and the retreat was completely full. The water comes out of the ground at a wonderful 105 degrees and there’s no sulfur smell! When you’re not soaking, you can float on one of the rafts or read sitting in one of the pool-side lounge chairs and be fully protected from the elements (it can be cold and windy in the desert!) The outdoor pool is also hot springs-fed and stays at about 90 degrees. Perfect for a swim and lots of places to relax in the sun by the pool. This was our New Year’s Eve trip and we splurged for room #7, which doesn’t have any common walls with any of the other rooms and has a king bed, kitchen, and private, shaded patio. It was great.
Ram and Sandy are wonderful, accommodating hosts. We’ll can't wait for our next visit!

Room Tip: We've been in several of the rooms and they all were quiet and comfortable. I did enjoy have a...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple