“A Great Place to Decompress”

Nurturing Nest Mineral Hot Springs Retreat and Spa
Ranked #14 of 22 Hotels in Desert Hot Springs
Reviewed 28 March 2007

If u are looking for an quiet, simple get-away go to the Nuturing Nest. The nest is a place where time slows down. There are no distractions such as TV or phones. To get the best from the Nest you must be the type of person who is able to slow down and relax completely. The activities available include staring at the clouds in the big, big desert sky and soaking in 2 wonderful mineral pools.

Bring a good book and chill out for a few days at the Nest - you will come home feeling energized.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled solo
1  Thank LosAngelesNester

Reviewed 20 March 2007

I've been going to the Nurturing Nest since 1999. It calls my name everytime I get worn out from living and working in the City. I call it my second home. This place has a very special energy flow that draws positive people. This is the main reason I love coming back. Let alone, the warmth that owners Ram and Sandy welcome me with each time I revisit.

Nice hikes or yoga in the morning and a healthy good breakfast awaits in the indoor hot mineral spa area. Soaking in the sun, a dip into the cool water and then into the hot becomes a routine through out each day. I love to take advantage of the kitchen that a majority of the rooms offer. I normally make my food for lunch and dinner and end up sharing with those I meet. Sometimes a BBQ when there is a few of us who pitch in to make one. A good read here and there, a chat with Ram and Sandy and sometimes their son, who is this amazing old soul. I get treatments when necessary, but already the mineral water is such a treat. My sleep in the plush beds provided make me seriously crash. So nice when you can stay in another bed besides your own and can comfortably sleep. Waking up to desert fresh air is so refreshing. The winds when they sing is so calming. I can never get enough of it all!

Since Ram and Sandy's mission is to heal and nurture, I have to admit that this is all I've ever received at the "Nest" they have created.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Peanutbutterandjelly
Reviewed 16 March 2007

i really liked this place, the setting is serene, the hotel is clean and airy, the pool and spa perfect. the owners were very nice and helpful and the other guests were friendly and respectful of privacy. overall, it was excellent - i would definitely go there again!

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled with friends
1  Thank lagirl23
Reviewed 16 March 2007

The website for this place is definitely deceptive. This place is just okay and to charge $200 per night is outrageous for one of these rooms. If they lowered their prices to the $70-100 per night range, they might be able to fill their hotel (several of the rooms were open while other hotels nearby were booked solid.) This place is more shabby than shabby chic-- it's pretty run down and hastily decorated with Ikea furniture and buddhas. The soap was so cheap I think it was from the 99cent store. $200 per night spas do not have cheap soap. And the neighborhood is sketchy. Dogs barked into the night, motorcyles and hoopties drove around blaring music, too. And the litter problem (visable when you stand up in the pool area) in DHS is very sad -- there are plastic bags and trash everywhere. They need to take better care of the desert out there...

But in defense of NN -- the pools are clean and sort of charming. And the woman who runs it is very nice. The food we were given for breakfast was nice. But the place needs alot of work before they can charge this much. I feel a little ripped off...

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled with friends
7  Thank teeho
Reviewed 25 September 2006

Nurturing Nest is a place I know I can come to when I know I am in trouble emotionally, physically and spiritually. The owners have helped open my eyes to so much that it helps me be OK with ME. I had so much that I was dealing with and sessions with Dr. Sandi and Ram puts so much into perspective. The peace and quiet that surrounds Nurturing Nest is healing to the soul.

Participating at a Freedom Retreat was amazing and life changing.... I believed that I had to share it with everyone I knew. Recently I went back to rejuvenate myself and thought it could help my fiancé. He was transformed with one session with Ram that it has given us many answers to challenges we were dealing with. I will be returning shortly for a customized 5 day retreat. With each visit to Nurturing Nest I grow so much that it helps me become a better person and definitely creates a positive explosion with my business.

Everyone needs to experience the “Freedom Retreat” at least once in their lifetime... you will never be the same.

M. Martinez... San Francisco

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled as a couple
3  Thank master23
Reviewed 1 September 2006

A stay at Nurturing Nest changed my life profoundly. In search of a detox retreat, I contacted a number of places offering such programs in Southern California. What sold me on the Nurturing Nest was the response I received from one of the owners when they returned my initial phone call. The owner, a therapist, laid out the program clearly and what I could expect to experience and how I should prepare. He and his wife, a chiropractor, delivered on this experience as promised and much more. What they taught me at the Nurturing Nest is how to take care of myself emotionally, spiritually and physically. And these are lessons I continue to apply daily. It's a fabulous, relaxing program, run by genuinely caring professionals for a fair price. I would recommend this program to anyone - and have - and will return to participate in it again.

J.W. Adams
Denver, Colorado

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled solo
7  Thank discojimbo
A TripAdvisor Member
seattle, washington
Reviewed 26 June 2006

I came to nurturing nest not knowing what to expect really... Having just turned 40 and in desperate need of an experience that would get me back on track physically and emotionally, I stumbled upon the website one evening. I spoke with Dr Sandy on the phone a couple of times before deciding to go on a 5 day freedom retreat with a master cleanse. It turned out to be the best birthday gift I could have ever given myself. From the minute I stepped into the Nest, I understood that I was in capable hands and I could therefore relax and open myself up to the experience. From morning desert hikes, to yoga and meditation with a mixture of holistic treatments and counseling sessions sprinkled throughout the day, I felt myself slowly being revived.
Nurturing nest is small and intimate. The rooms are comfortable and inviting, and the mineral water heavenly. The owners Dr Sandy and Ram Gune are truly gifted healers who care deeply for the well-being of whomever happens to come through their doors. I can’t thank them enough for their genuine care, warmth and inspiring wisdom.
By the time I left Nurturing Nest, I had a smile on my face I couldn't seem to get rid of.
It is still there a week later.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member