“Empty mind, full heart”
Review of Sagewater Spa

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Desert Hot Springs
Sagewater Spa
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 21 March 2013

Amazing weekend with my honey. So quiet and peaceful. She called it "a slow burn" and I think that's accurate. It may not have the wow! factor of Two Bunch Palms or some other five star desert spas, but it has plenty of style, is well appointed, and the service is crisp. The waters are clean and warm. The beds cozy. A great place to unwind, soak, and bag some rays in a breezy sundrenched courtyard. I will mos def be back!

Room Tip: The rooms facing west have the best views!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank gypsywino

Reviewed 15 March 2013

A Gem in the desert. If you want to truly escape and wind down from all the overflow of sensations of a busy life in the city this is the place. Extremely simple and minimalist. Super clean. You have no meals served, but deliciously pressed sheets.
I returned with a suitcase full of clean clothes because I spent my time in my bathing suit and the provided robe. Relaxing in the pool, Having massages. At night floating on the water looking in the stars. It is quiet and everybody that was a guest when I was there seemed to respect that quietness, no TVs or radios blaring no loud cellphone babble.
Cristina and Rhoni are the best hosts that you can ask for. You need to talk or ask something and they are available, you want to just breathe they leave you alone. They have a feeling for the needs of their guests.
Was there just a couple of days felt like weeks.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Barbara L
Reviewed 8 March 2013

Me and my wife just made are fourth or fifth trip to Sagewater - there is no other place that we continue to return to again and again. Why do we keep coming back? Simply there is nothing to do in desert hot springs - and I mean that in the best way possible - once we arrive we can literally not leave the confines of Sagewater - just soak in the pool/hot tub, read, hang out and relax. Yeah Palm springs is just a short stop away, but if we want to go we stop on the way in or out. If were feeling ambitious we might go for a nearby hike, but the reason to come here is to do nothing and relax.

The other reason is the water - The pool/hot tub is amazing, the natural mineral water feels great. It is a little more buoyant, and has a special quality about it. I will grab a couple of noodles and float for hours or sit in the water with a book.

My favorite time of the day is the 2 hours preceding and just past sunset. I personally find it mandatory to be in the pool at this time - the quality of light is beautiful - reminds me of James Turrell.

What to know: Sagewater is simple - nice clean rooms - it is not a place to go to be waited on or to do a lot of activities. There are little kitchenette and a bar b q (which is what allows you to stay put).

The host are delightful too, friendly and talkative but will also leave you alone. They will remember you;).

Room Tip: The place is so small (I think about 6 or so rooms) that you really can't go wrong - a couple of...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Andrew G
Reviewed 4 March 2013

My husband and I stayed at Sagewater in early December, escaping from the grey, dark, wet PNW winter, and it was heaven. The incredible hospitality of Rhoni, proximity to wonderful sunny day hikes, and fabulous pool soaked nights under the stars lifted our spirits inpreparation for the long deluge that followed. Interactions with fellow guests and the convenience of having a kitchenette made the get-away even more relaxing. We plan to return every winter!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank fernhill
Reviewed 4 March 2013 via mobile

Sagewater Spa is amazing. Perfect to stay a night, a week or a month. Creatives this is your inspiration spot. The owners could not make you feel more welcome. They are around when you want them yet respect your vacation privacy. The rooms all being configured around the natural hot mineral springs is homey and easy. This is a real get away. The perfect combination, the fun shops, foods and outdoor adventure of Palm Springs just minutes away, coupled with starting and ending each day in the Sagewater mineral springs. This place is a slice of detoxifying relaxation.

• Stayed: March 2013
3  Thank Sj89011
Reviewed 18 February 2013

One of my daily morning prayers is for compassion, patience and simplicity. I pray that I practice these traits in my daily work as a teacher of teen-agers. What a blessing it was to receive all three in abundance at Sagewater. Rhoni is a desert sage who has an intuitive way of treating guests and creating a retreat that is worlds away from the glitz and action of Palm Springs. (Chris, you are a sweet pea also and I wish we had more time to visit with you during the 3 days we were there!).

If you like desert hiking, peace and quiet, soaking in hot mineral waters, beautifully maintained mid century modern desert environs, seeing mountains from your room window, watching quail/bunnies/roadrunners/mourning dove and other desert critters, you will fall in love with Sagewater.

We will return. Yes, we shall!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Judy H
Reviewed 13 February 2013

Deciding to extend my stay in Palm Springs after a sales conference at an "all-inclusive", I was simply looking to kickback and relax at a boutique spa. Sagewater was that and more.
The view of the mountains, the nicely appointed rooms and the friendly atmosphere are truly unique. However, it is the embrace of the hosts, Rhoni and Christina which truly sets this gem apart. They left an indelible impression and I hope my travels lead me back to Sagewater.
Little known tip: Rhoni makes a killer Caipirinha!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Jack H
PorterHouse09, Manager at Sagewater Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2013

We so enjoyed getting to know you and coming from your intense business conference at a huge hotel to soaking in our mineral water and enjoying our other guests proved to be the perfect transition back to life. ( P.S. Every time I go to the market and see your products I think of you!)