“Best in Desert Hot Springs”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sagewater Spa

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Desert Hot Springs
Sagewater Spa
GreenLeadersSilver level
venice, california
“Best in Desert Hot Springs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

We have been coming to this amazing resort for 10 years now and it still remains one of our most cherished resorts out of anywhere we have ever been. The owners are so gracious, sweet and take impeccable care of the property. The hotel has a beautiful simplicity to it. The rooms cozy, light filled with wonderful beds. The pool is stunning, soaking in the natural mineral water while watching the lights of Palm Springs in the distance at night is magical. We always leave relaxed, refreshed and longing to get back as soon as possible.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dustin d
Sagewater1, Owner at Sagewater Spa, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
Thank you for your glowing review! Sagewater Spa is the reflection of our wonderful guests.
We love seeing you both unwind and enjoy each other in our pure mineral water pool. I must say, you are both professional soakers and can give lessons. Come Home Soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

We always spend a week during Christmas at Sagewater Spa and it is our perfect holiday retreat. We soak in the hot mineral water for hours, nap or watch a few great movies from their library, BBQ, hike Joshua Tree, and scan the outlets. Luckily I had a few extra days of vacation in July and our habit is to go to Maine, but this year we thought, "WHY NOT?" try Sagewater Spa in the summer. We love the desert and the east coast weather was iffy. We loved it! It was hot but not humid and it afforded us long star-filled nights of soaking. We love the simplicity, the quiet, cleanliness and now I can recommend Sagewater Spa in any season.

Room Tip: We prefer the mountain view rooms. We ordered extra Gramma B's coffee cakes to take back east wi...
Green Features: We respect the hotel's values and like to support environmentally conscious businesses.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Mary I
Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

I travel to the US on business and the trips are often short and sometimes strenuous, I have
one way to decompress- Sagewater Spa! When time allows I add a few days for myself. The mineral water is as good as I have experienced and the quiet poolside is refreshing compared to other hotels is refreshing! My masssage was deep, as ordered, and beds are perfect to catch up on some relaxed sleep. Last year my wife joined me and she loved it, too. Close to Joshua Tree Monument and Outlet Stores we were both happy!! I higly recommend Sagewater Spa to get back to yourself or connect with your spouse. All the manager's recommendations were perfect. Everyone seems to write about the owners, Rhoni and Cris, who are focused hosts and passionate about their spa and their guests experiences. This visit I was greeted by their manager who was perfect as a non-obstrusive host and I felt right at home in my mid-century get-a-way.
Writing this review I see that Sagewater Spa is not esally described in words, staying at Sagewater Spa there is more of a feeling and my own personal experience.

Room Tip: I've stayed in different rooms and I allawys been more then satisfied.
Green Features: Excellent practices with recyclingthat the housekeepers take care of and water use. Towels are plentiful and replaced as requested. The air conditioners are energy efficient. Organic products are used. The water is natually the best drinking water in the county.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Aldo G
Newton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2013

Sagewater is the place to go for total relaxation- modern-SUPER clean-small kitchen(I can nibble whenever I want) I stay in the water with the view for hours with no interruptions..local restaurants charming-owners are great-no pretense and very interesting...This has been for 8th visit...there will be more.

Green Features: very socially and environmentally conscience and always have been
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank Laury Z
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2013

What a remarkable, one of a kind spa and wellness retreat! Everytime I visit I fall in love all over again with Sagewater. Desert nights are delightfully quiet with great stargazing, swaying palms and beautiful warm breezes. You are in your own private oasis of calm and serenity. After just a little soaking in the mineral pools, your body feels so incredibly relaxed and rejuvenated. Their spa therapists/treatments are also fantastic. We can't wait to plan our next visit. Thanks again, Cristina and Rhoni - what you have achieved with Sagewater is true magic!

Room Tip: Great Views In All Rooms!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Maliblues
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2013

The highlight of the experience was definitely the two pools-natural hot springs pool and one that was cooled but still warm. The rooms were clean with 50s style architecture and basic furnishings. The mattress on the bed was so hard that I could not sleep all night. The place is in the middle of the desert with a few run down homes across the street. It is completely fenced in and the front gate has a lock-it does provide a sense of security but didn't give me a great vibe when we got there. The parking lot is right off the street and is not fenced in. My husband is fond of his car and he was not particularly comfortable leaving it there overnight. That being said, nothing happened to it. I understand that they can't do much about the fact that Desert Hot Springs is a crummy town. On the other hand it is a short drive to Palm Springs and all its attractions and restaurants. It is also a place of relaxation and most times it was quiet but ironically our neighbors were talking loudly and kept us up. Again, probably not something that can completely be controlled by management but sometimes a little courtesy can go a long way. The in room massage was very good. Overall, we had a nice time but were surprised by what we found based on the
previous reviews. When we splurge on our vacations, we expect a little more luxury than what we found. The owner did go out of her way to welcome guests and make it a good experience; that was greatly appreciated.

• Stayed January 2013
4 Thank rediguanas
Sagewater1, Owner at Sagewater Spa, responded to this review, 17 June 2013
Thank you for your review and we are so happy that you could appreciate the benefits of our mineral \water pool and spa. We would love our guests to communicate their needs since we have lots of comfy bedding and would have loved the opportunity to make you feel more comfortable. Desert Hot Springs is a quiet litte town with a couple of really great ethnic restaurants and good supermarkets which makes it convient to cook-in or go out. We are perfectly located between
Palm Springs and Joshua Tree so our guests are just 20 minutes from city life and 25 minutes to country life. Guests are always happy to return "home" to the mineral water pool!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2013

My girlfriend and I enjoyed a weekend here while planning hikes and day trips into Joshua Tree. We loved the design and comfort of our room and the common area, and wished we could have stayed for a week! The pools truly are amazing, and no one could escape being rejuvenated by the desert and the hot springs. But most of all Rhoni and Christina are the absolute best hosts imaginable. They welcomed us warmly and assisted us with our trip but were never intrusive, its like they read our mind of when we needed something and when we just wanted to relax and do our own thing. It's not just a great place to stay when in the area, I will seek out a return as a destination.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank Kyle D