“Best Getaway in Desert Hot Springs” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sagewater Spa

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Desert Hot Springs
Sagewater Spa
GreenLeadersSilver level
Los Angeles, California, United States
“Best Getaway in Desert Hot Springs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

My experience at Sagewater Spa was beyond my expectations. First there are the owners, Cris and Rhoni, two warm people who really care about their clients. The atmosphere was peaceful and relaxing, and the water was inviting me in every chance it got. It's a great location, close to Joshua Tree and one of the nights I stayed there, we all cooked a meal together. After meeting the other guests that were staying there it's clear to see that Sagewater attracts a certain type of person. Everyone was friendly. I definitely plan on going back again when I can.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Alanna L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Newton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

Enchanting, quiet, relaxing, welcoming, are just a few of the adjectives that describe my trip to Sage Water Spa. From the moment you enter this boutique nirvana you are captured by the warmth and friendliness of it's owners Rhoni and Christine. A welcome package that includes the best home made coffee cake and out of this world gourmet coffee is just a few of the items that makes you feel so special to be their guests. The rooms all look over the magnificent mountains and the sunsets are not to be believed. A daily routine of basking in the mineral enriched hot spa waters coupled with the best message I have ever had makes this retreat a "10" in my book. Everyone that comes to the desert must stay at this inclusive retreat to experience the best hospitality and surroundings one can possibly imagine.

Room Tip: Every room is excellent!
Green Features: Organic toiletries Water-efficient bathroom fixtures Energy-efficient lightbulbs Staff training on green practices Low chemical gardening
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank LauraG1020
venice, california
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

We have been coming to this amazing resort for 10 years now and it still remains one of our most cherished resorts out of anywhere we have ever been. The owners are so gracious, sweet and take impeccable care of the property. The hotel has a beautiful simplicity to it. The rooms cozy, light filled with wonderful beds. The pool is stunning, soaking in the natural mineral water while watching the lights of Palm Springs in the distance at night is magical. We always leave relaxed, refreshed and longing to get back as soon as possible.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dustin d
Sagewater1, Owner at Sagewater Spa, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
Thank you for your glowing review! Sagewater Spa is the reflection of our wonderful guests.
We love seeing you both unwind and enjoy each other in our pure mineral water pool. I must say, you are both professional soakers and can give lessons. Come Home Soon!
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

We always spend a week during Christmas at Sagewater Spa and it is our perfect holiday retreat. We soak in the hot mineral water for hours, nap or watch a few great movies from their library, BBQ, hike Joshua Tree, and scan the outlets. Luckily I had a few extra days of vacation in July and our habit is to go to Maine, but this year we thought, "WHY NOT?" try Sagewater Spa in the summer. We love the desert and the east coast weather was iffy. We loved it! It was hot but not humid and it afforded us long star-filled nights of soaking. We love the simplicity, the quiet, cleanliness and now I can recommend Sagewater Spa in any season.

Room Tip: We prefer the mountain view rooms. We ordered extra Gramma B's coffee cakes to take back east wi...
Green Features: We respect the hotel's values and like to support environmentally conscious businesses.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Mary I
Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

I travel to the US on business and the trips are often short and sometimes strenuous, I have
one way to decompress- Sagewater Spa! When time allows I add a few days for myself. The mineral water is as good as I have experienced and the quiet poolside is refreshing compared to other hotels is refreshing! My masssage was deep, as ordered, and beds are perfect to catch up on some relaxed sleep. Last year my wife joined me and she loved it, too. Close to Joshua Tree Monument and Outlet Stores we were both happy!! I higly recommend Sagewater Spa to get back to yourself or connect with your spouse. All the manager's recommendations were perfect. Everyone seems to write about the owners, Rhoni and Cris, who are focused hosts and passionate about their spa and their guests experiences. This visit I was greeted by their manager who was perfect as a non-obstrusive host and I felt right at home in my mid-century get-a-way.
Writing this review I see that Sagewater Spa is not esally described in words, staying at Sagewater Spa there is more of a feeling and my own personal experience.

Room Tip: I've stayed in different rooms and I allawys been more then satisfied.
Green Features: Excellent practices with recyclingthat the housekeepers take care of and water use. Towels are plentiful and replaced as requested. The air conditioners are energy efficient. Organic products are used. The water is natually the best drinking water in the county.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Aldo G
Newton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2013

Sagewater is the place to go for total relaxation- modern-SUPER clean-small kitchen(I can nibble whenever I want) I stay in the water with the view for hours with no interruptions..local restaurants charming-owners are great-no pretense and very interesting...This has been for 8th visit...there will be more.

Green Features: very socially and environmentally conscience and always have been
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank Laury Z
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2013

What a remarkable, one of a kind spa and wellness retreat! Everytime I visit I fall in love all over again with Sagewater. Desert nights are delightfully quiet with great stargazing, swaying palms and beautiful warm breezes. You are in your own private oasis of calm and serenity. After just a little soaking in the mineral pools, your body feels so incredibly relaxed and rejuvenated. Their spa therapists/treatments are also fantastic. We can't wait to plan our next visit. Thanks again, Cristina and Rhoni - what you have achieved with Sagewater is true magic!

Room Tip: Great Views In All Rooms!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple