“Top notch, peaceful oasis for the perfect getaway”
Review of Sagewater Spa

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Desert Hot Springs
Sagewater Spa
GreenLeadersSilver level
Mexico City, Mexico
“Top notch, peaceful oasis for the perfect getaway”
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I snatched a last minute reservation during the very busy Thanksgiving holiday weekend thanks to Cristina, one of the owners. Before, prior, and even after my departure she was the most attentive, courteous and efficient host ever. Rest assured you will be taken great care of at this place.

As for the property itself, I can only say that this is the #1 hotel in the area for a reason. The two thermal pools are incredibly relaxing and sparkling clean, the rooms are spacious, relaxing and very comfortable, and you will have everything you need in them. Champagne glasses? Check. Can opener? Check. Amazing bath robes and linens? Check. I'm not kidding, these guys thought of everything!

Do yourself a favor and book in advance one of the great spa treatments that are delivered in the comfort of your room. I had a deep tissue massage and I could not have been happier about it.

Finally, the setting of this hotel, amidst the small and peaceful town of Desert Hot Springs, could not have been better chosen. You will be far from the hectic Palm Springs, yet close enough to enjoy a brief escapade for food or drinks. Just be prepared to hear your heart breaking upon checking out!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank Sanorejasdepanda
PorterHouse09, Owner at Sagewater Spa, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Thank you for your kind and generous review, Sagewater Spa is a complete reflection of our exquisite guests. We are delighted that you were able be to fully enjoy your experience.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We found a little piece of heaven on earth! Can't wait to be back on that pool, the water has the perfect temperature and is very healing. Ronnie & Cristina the owners are very friendly and it was a pleasure meeting them! The vibe is very special and the coffee cake...oh that coffee cake...I ate the whole thing! Sagewater Spa is IT!!! We already miss it and will be back very soon. :)

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ClariceVioleta88
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We've been to Sagewater three times over the past two years and enjoyed each stay more than the last. The place is perfect for us and we hope it doesn't change. We love the quiet desert setting, the mineral water pools, the minimalist mid-century chic, the relaxed ambience and, last but definitely not least, our warm and attentive hosts, Rhoni, Christina and Sage, who make it all work so seamlessly.

Our usual routine is an early dip in the pool, drying off in the sun, some reading, a drive through the desert, a hike in the park maybe or perhaps lunch in Palm Springs or Palm Desert, visiting the designer outlet, shopping for food, cooking dinner in the kitchen or on the outside barbeque and finishing with a late night soak in the pool under the stars.

Sagewater seems to attract travellers who like the simplicity of it as much as we do. It's a retreat. The mood is low key. Guests are friendly but privacy is respected. Peace and quiet reigns. If you need to use a cellphone, you'll be encouraged to talk indoors. Those who expect a higher level of amenities (ie, more products, bigger fridge, etc.) or want to be closer to the action, whatever that means, tend to go elsewhere.

We'll be back.

Green Features: Yes, we like them and don't see the need to change towels unless you need them
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank mingus380
PorterHouse09, Owner at Sagewater Spa, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Thank you for your review, we know how busy are are and are happy that you took the time.
It makes us so happy to see guests return to enjoy themselves looking forward to your next visit!
I wanted to clarify that our Aveda amenities are plentiful, please always let us know what you need. All rooms have their own private kitchen and eating area, four rooms have compact refrigerators and three rooms have full sized, please let us know more about your dinning plans when your reserve your room. We also have a large BBQ that our guests enjoy in all seasons.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 13 November 2013

This is my longest stay- two and a half weeks -- of pure relaxation and soaking. Rhoni and Cristina are lovely as usual and I find the days slipping by. Everything is heavenly here from the beds to the sheets to the water to the location to the awe-inspiring views. I pack one suitcase full of art supplies and draw to my hearts content with load of natural light and inspiration. Can't wait to come back.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank DRRCA
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Sagewater Spa is now one of my absolute favorite places on earth. We spent two nights there this past weekend and returned home to LA completely relaxed, refreshed, and blissed out. The rooms are simple and perfect: extremely clean and modern with big comfy white beds and fully-equipped kitchens. If you bring in groceries, you never have to leave (and you won't want to). We floated in the pools all day and also at night when you can lie back and look at the sky and stars and forget that you ever have to be anywhere else. We loved grilling on the BBQ, dipping in and out of the pools, and getting lush massages - but the best part was probably getting to know Rhoni and Cristina and the other guests. Everyone at Sagewater is somehow on the same relaxed, friendly wavelength. We felt totally at home and truly never wanted to leave. Plus, their dog Sage is beautiful. I'm already scheming to go back. HEAVEN!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank pixiepizza
los angeles
Reviewed 5 November 2013

My husband and I just returned to the Sagewater Spa for the fourth time. I crave returning to this place after I've finished a really big work project or some other intense or stressful event because of its amazing ability to restore and rejuvenate me, body and soul. We arrived this past weekend and the place was just as I remembered it: the two pools, the carefully designed patio, the palm trees at the front of the property, the vibe of simplicity and relaxation. Cris, Rhoni and their dog Sage welcomed us back, handed us the delicious complimentary coffee cake and promised to make me a caipirinha poolside. (Which Rhoni delivered to blended perfection the following evening while I soaked in the glorious 90 degree pool.) Our room was spotless, the concrete floors perfectly polished, the kitchen appointed with organic coffee, every utensil and plate we could possibly need and that enormous pitcher of lemon flavored water. For the next 48 hours, my husband and I only left the place to go out for dinners in Palm Springs. Otherwise, we soaked in those pools, gazed out at the surrounding desert landscape, read books, talked to our fellow travelers and felt like we were old friends of Cris and Rhoni, hanging out at their house. Both women go out of their way to talk with you, to find out what you're about and how they can make you feel even more at home and at peace.

I cannot recommend this place enough to those seeking a unique, intimate, perfectly restful Desert Hot Springs experience. The waters in those pools and the hospitality of Cris and Rhoni will literally melt your stress away.

Room Tip: Every room is a good room.
Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank angeleno59
Santa Monica, California
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Our friends introduced us to Christina and Rhoni when we joined them at their delightful and quietly elegant retreat. It is a delight to become a part of the group of people who have delighted in finding this place and keep on returning. We are lucky enough to be near by in Los Angeles, others come from much farther away. The best part for me: in the night, walking 5 steps from my room, slipping into the pool, floating on my back, absorbed into the star filled night sky. Oh- and the sweet cinnamon coffee cakes that they greet you with- and taste so wonderful; with wine that evening, or with coffee in the morning! Oh- bring a quick drying swimsuit or two of them, so it is always comfortable when you keep returning to the pool…

Room Tip: We have been here twice- I don't have a preference- all of the rooms are very similarly consider...
Green Features: Excellent- additionally, one of the best aspects- the soothing pool mineral waters are heated by the underground springs particular to the area, all with a carbon free "footprint".
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank CDanes
Also consider these accommodations in or near Desert Hot Springs
Miracle Springs Resort and Spa
Miracle Springs Resort and Spa
#6 of 22 in Desert Hot Springs
Aqua Soleil Hotel & Mineral Water Spa
Aqua Soleil Hotel & Mineral Wate...
#8 of 22 in Desert Hot Springs
#18 of 22 in Desert Hot Springs
Desert Riviera Hotel
Desert Riviera Hotel
#2 of 73 in Palm Springs

Been to Sagewater Spa? Share your experiences!