“A relaxing and enjoyable stay”
Review of Sagewater Spa

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Desert Hot Springs
Sagewater Spa
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 13 February 2014

My wife and I recently spent five relaxing and enjoyable days at The Sagewater Spa. As a frequent business traveler, I was looking for a vacation experience far beyond the tedium and impersonal approach of a hotel setting.
We chose the Sagewater based upon tripadvisor and website postings. We were NOT disappointed! We had a wonderful experience. Our hosts, Rhoni and Cristina were exceptional in personalized care, service and hospitality . Bringing an intimate touch to our stay. The surroundings were impeccable, and the small, intimate atmoshpere provided a perfect setting for relaxation, quiet conversation, with no pretense. During the day, we hiked, exercised, and returned to the warm comfort of the hot mineral spring pool and spa. enjoyed a cocktail and relaxed with the other guests. We look forward to our next stay and already miss the friendship of Cristina and Rhoni. They treat everyone like family! Regards, Steve Pabst

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Sagewater Spa

Reviewed 26 January 2014

Sagewater Spa offered so much to us but we cannot say enough about Cristina and Rhoni. They are wonderful hosts who made us feel right at home. Their little dog, Sage, would come up for pets and if we left our room door open, she would come in to say, "Hi." It helped alleviate our homesickness for our dogs. The rooms are clean and comfortably simple with kitchen facilities and an outdoor shared grill. You are close to fantastic places to hike and explore and only about 20 minutes from Palm Springs. The pool is open 24/7 and is very relaxing - you can choose warm or hot. The views of the mountains are beautiful.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank CaroleAnnH
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Even my initial phone call to Cris set the stage for this incredible experience. She was warm and welcoming and felt like a friend within the first few sentences. I was contemplating a trip to Palm Springs to escape really bad allergies at home (Austin) and something about the nurturing tone in her voice helped me to feel confident enough to take a break from work and motherhood to take care of myself.
Once I arrived, Cris and Rhoni were more than I had expected, as was Sagewater.
The hotel was prefect. Stylish and clean, simple, modern. Very comfortable bed and linens (even a great pillow - which I tend to be picky about!), great water pressure in the shower and delicious, clean tap water.
The mineral pools were God-sends. My eye allergies (from home) cleared after a swim in the warm pool. The hot tub was a nightly and early morning ritual for me where I was able to connect with the silence and beauty of the surroundings.
I felt an even deeper connection because sadly, my dog passed away while I was away on this trip. Sage (their Schnauzer) volunteered herself as comfort to me. I was visibly sad and both Cris and Rhoni were so comforting and empathic to my grief.
We had a few conversations while I was there (which I encouraged - they were also sensitive to try to give me space and solitude) which were deep and transformational for me.
As a side note, I was at the "we care" spa, doing their program, but stayed at Sagewater for 4 nights since We Care was booked. What a gift it was. Sagewater completed my healing journey.
I will absolutely return- and would recommend it to anyone, even people who have the option to stay at We Care, if that is a part of your trip. given that I was on a liquid fast, I did not partake in any food offerings or restaurant recommendations, but it sounded like they had great ideas. They also had great ideas for other place to me to visit in the area, which I didn't have time for on this trip, but will return for.
I believe that Cris, Rhoni, Sage and Sagewater will be a part of my life forever.

Room Tip: I think they probably all great - mine was desert view. Mountain view would have been nice too.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Fair A
PorterHouse09, Owner at Sagewater Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

"Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder." Cristina and I often say that Sagewater Spa is a reflection of the people who stay here. Keeping it clean and simple allows for the internal and external space for relaxation, exploration and reconnection. The views, hot mineral water pool and a simple BBQ dinner on the grill helps create the magic.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

Great spot in the Hot Springs, Cristina and Ronni are amazing host. The rooms are cute, modern, and come fully equip with a stove, refrigerator and utensils. Bring food to grill because you’re going to want to do some barbequing outside of your room at the community grill. The pool is open 24 hours and all of the rooms are situated around the pool so I’m sure any room you stay in is great!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Constance C
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Upon arriving at Sagewater and meeting Ronnie, we felt like we had just landed at the home of an old friend. She was so warm, interesting and interested in our relaxation. She knew exactly what we needed (i.e., not to get dressed up to go to dinner in Palm Springs but instead to stay local and casual). She knew to change our massage time because we were running late (I had called to let them know but hadn't thought to change our massage time). She knew before we did what we'd want. And she was right. She told us to drop our bags and go in the water. I never wanted to get out. The room was perfect. A kitchen for cooking if one desires, super clean and, of course, Frette sheets. The other guests were interesting and friendly. It's like summer camp for tired creative professionals and artists. The best part was the silence. It was so quiet and relaxed. Just what we needed to clear our heads. We're plotting how to get back asap.

Room Tip: I don't think there's a bad room. There are only seven rooms.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nelliebly
Sagewater1, Owner at Sagewater Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Thank you so much for your kind words. We know that Sagewater is a hotel but it is also our baby. Looking forward to getting updarted about your new venture and a warm coffee cake will be waitng for you when you return.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

For the second year in a row, we spent our NYE at Sagewater. While the temperature was much warmer, which made our experience so different from last year, our expectations were exceeded again. Cristina and Rhoni actually remember their guests, and treat them like family. They tend to you without getting in the way.

The water, the water, the water - temperature is perfect and the pool sparkles. Your skin is transformed. Make sure you get a massage too!!

We brought food and noshed on snacks (and their delicious coffee cake), as well as grilled steaks for NYE. So ridiculously easy - don't have to worry about getting a reservation and driving anywhere.

The overall property and rooms create a clean, simple, thoughtful vibe - you have everything you need but nothing you don't - I feel like I'm subconsciously meditating the entire time I'm there with a huge grin.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HJC_Tempe

I think we need two New Year's a year so that we can celebrate more, but that would mean two birthdays, too!!! Please know that Gramma B's is waiting for you with or without a candle.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

Spent a few days here over the Christmas Holiday. Sagewater is the ideal getaway. Rhoni and Cristina are lovely hosts. The vibe is ideal. The water is sublime. We were fortunate with the weather as Christmas Day was 80. We'll be back.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Arthurstone
Also consider these accommodations in or near Desert Hot Springs
Miracle Springs Resort and Spa
Miracle Springs Resort and Spa
#7 of 22 in Desert Hot Springs
Aqua Soleil Hotel & Mineral Water Spa
Aqua Soleil Hotel & Mineral Wate...
#8 of 22 in Desert Hot Springs
#18 of 22 in Desert Hot Springs
Desert Riviera Hotel
Desert Riviera Hotel
#1 of 73 in Palm Springs

Been to Sagewater Spa? Share your experiences!