“Caipirinha Coziness!!!”
Review of Sagewater Spa

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Desert Hot Springs
Sagewater Spa
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 19 January 2009

This is the place to go if you're looking for a meticulously maintained property immersed in a scenic oasis that is Desert Hot Springs. Right when you arrive the gracious host Christina (and Sage) welcome you with open arms and a radiant smiles-clearly their objective is to be certain that you are relaxed right when you get to the front door. Any of the rooms are sparkling clean with finished cement floors and full kitchenettes equipped with all necessary utensils, toaster, coffee maker and fridge. At night the outdoor grill is always available to 'Que tasty burgers or whatever you want to cook up. Once settled in, we relaxed around, and in, the mineral pool and spa that leave your skin silky soft and smooth when you get out. Although you'll want to spend most of your time in them. And just when you think the day is coming to an end, lying there on the lounge chairs, watching stars begin to take the sunny sky's place, Christina busts out with her homemade Caipirinhas and Rhoni, equally all smiles and warmth, is right there to offer you chips with homemade (spicy) salsa. What happens after is your business. Enjoy.

Stayed: January 2009

Reviewed 15 January 2009

I love this place. There's a lot of attention paid to design, which is simple yet elegant. But the best part to me was their attention to saving energy (cooling) which is a big deal in the desert. We're not asked to sacrifice but just do smart things like shut stuff off when we leave. The pools were wonderful too as well as Cris, Rhoni, and Sage! I will definitely return! Chris

Stayed: December 2008
1  Thank Olive58
Reviewed 30 December 2008

I've been to Sagewater Spa twice now to take a personal retreat from the pressures of work and the city -- just to read, write, soak, hike and reflect on life. Cris and Rhoni create a welcoming atmosphere, but also respect your quiet, personal space. Spend hours soaking in the pool, reading in your quiet room and generally enjoying the magic of the desert. It's only about a 20 minute ride up to Joshua Tree National Park -- another great place to reflect and to hike or scramble on rocks. If you're looking for a simple, zen-like getaway with not too many frills and a lot of warmth, this is your place!

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled solo
2  Thank raedog_LA
Reviewed 17 December 2008

My wife and I have stayed here in the past, as well as some of the other spas in Desert Hot Springs.
Sagewater has some of the best water (we think) and Rhoni and Christina are the best hosts, hands down. But it really is all about the water. It really relaxes, soothes and generally makes you feel good.
All of the rooms have kitchens, which is a big plus, as the dining options are not great in the area. Besides, we prefer to maximize our time in the water and poolside relaxing. There is also an outdoor gas grill which used on a couple of nights.
We like the simple and open mid-century feel of the place and the very sunny outdoor area.
We are looking forward to our next visit!

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jamo009
Reviewed 17 November 2008

The owners and their dog, Sage, made us feel most welcome at the Sagewater Spa. The hotel is simple, clean and sleek but without the pretentious attitude...just right for my husband and I. We both had outstanding massages and loved the warm water pool. I highly recommend this place!

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank babachi
Reviewed 31 October 2008

This was my second time at the Sagewater. I brought my brother and his wife along as well, and they loved it. We hiked Joshua Tree by day and returned to the Sagewater late each afternoon. There is nothing like soaking in that restorative water after a taxing hike. My sister-in-law got an aromatherapy massage that she said was incredible. We grilled lamb the first night, and had a beautiful dinner under the stars. The beds are super comfortable, and the linens are luxe. We all slept well.
Rhoni and Christina, who by now feel like family, pointed us towards the family-run Capri steakhouse in Desert Hot Springs, where we had an incredible steak dinner our second night. Afterwards, we tore it up with the locals at Playoffs sports bar-fun!
The Sagewater is simple, lovely, and without gimmicks. It's all about Rhoni and Chris and their effortless ease at hosting. Desert Hot Springs is a strange little town, but once you walk into the courtyard, you have your own haven. I plan to continue using Sagewater as my base whenever I return to the splendor of the Joshua Tree area.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank eeleeleel
Reviewed 3 October 2008

I first went to Sagewater Spa 3 years ago and have been dreaming ever since of the day I would go back. And the time finally came for my return for my birthday this year. It was everything I remembered and more. Sagewater is the place of ultimate serenity and for someone who has been desperately overworked and severely needed to "get off the grid," it was absolutely PERFECT! The pool is a perfect 90 degrees and slipping in and out is never a shock on the body no matter what time of day or night. The beds are divine with the Frette linens and staying there is the ultimate in laziness without any sort of associated guilt. If you bring in all your own wine and food, there's no reason to ever leave this perfect Oasis in the desert. And if that's not enough, Rhoni and Cristina (the proprietors) are just amazingly awesome and make you feel completely at home. I will be going back every year for the rest of my life.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with friends