We Care Spa
Aqua Soleil Hotel & Mineral Water Spa(Desert Hot Springs)(Great Value!)
US$114
Very Good 4/5
Two Bunch Palms(Desert Hot Springs)
US$342
US$285
Very Good 4/5
Lido Palms Resort and Spa(Desert Hot Springs)
US$224
Great 4.5/5
Tuscan Springs Hotel and Spa(Desert Hot Springs)
US$241
Great 4.5/5
Miracle Springs Resort and Spa(Desert Hot Springs)
US$173
US$168
Good 3.5/5
The Spring Resort & Spa(Desert Hot Springs)
US$223
Great 4.5/5
Hyundae Resort And Spa(Desert Hot Springs)
US$83
Average 3/5
US$168
US$464
US$424
Great 4.5/5
El Morocco Inn & Day Spa(Desert Hot Springs)
US$200
US$179
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsweight lossbody and soullbscleansehealthclassesspaspirittranquil
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 March 2012

If you are going here to lose weight....don't! It is SO much more than a weight loss clinic. It is a Mind, Body and Soul experience. The place is clean and comfortable. The staff goes out of their way to make sure you are well taken care of and every need is met. This place relaxes you to a different dimension. The classes are worth your time, very educational. I thought I knew...wrong! It was my 1st time...but not my last. I re-booked before I even left. I went by myself BUT made connections with many women that have lasted since I have been home...we are the Detox Divas! We are sharing recipes and other tips. A wonderful and beautiful group of women. Can't wait to go back next year! It is worth the money...becasue YOU are worth it!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
11  Thank Rennay B
Reviewed 11 February 2012

I went to We Care Spa to get a hold of my health and unwind from a stressful year closing my business of 19 years. I succeeded . I went to Canyon Ranch six months ago to Do the same and it was not good for me.

The Ground at We Care are gorgeous ( I have VERY high standards). The rooms are modest but like so well said I. Another review....it's not about the rooms! My room was the least expensive and it was just grat. Simple, but VERY fresh and clean.

The spa rooms were stunning and fresh. The technicians were great. The treatments were so different. My Favorite was the System Recovery. I felt SO GREAT after.

The program is so interesting. VERY busy and fun. The classes were so fantastic. I never spent any time in my room.

The fasting is hard first day but once you get the hang of it...it's not hard. This is for serious people that want to cleanse and be good for their health.

I loved the small atmosphere and meeting all the other guests. We became each others fans and cheerleaders.

iI suggest one thing... i to make the one meal (soup) at afternoon/ night more significant of an experience. I would offer a bowl, plate , large spoon and placemat for the soup once a day. That way you make more of an event of it. The cup thing bothered me and felt unsanitary. I would offer more variety of juices fresh...( same each day).

I loved the acupuncture, meditations class, and other treatments were special.

I regret not doing the PRE- fast diet which affected the colonics...my fault completely.

Bonus.....I lost seven pounds and that's not what I went for. Came back with a toolbox of how to move forward in eating and living.

If you are type A and looking to better yourself, this is it. I also made some great friends...which is also not what I went for.

A GREAT place to go solo. Most do.

LOVED it and will return at least once a year if not three times this year. I will at least sneak in three days whenever I can! but loved my six day....This puts my Canyon Ranch Experience to shame ( and one half the cost)

Room Tip: Who cares....it's not the point...I was never in it.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
15  Thank Cro O
Reviewed 31 December 2011

Understanding the purpose behind We Care before you go is imperative. I've been twice, most recently 2 months ago, the first time in 1999. It's about learning how to eat, developing good habits, eating like an adult and taking responsibility. The staff is world-class, Susanna is brilliant - lose weight before you go, if that's what you're looking for, and learn how to keep it off while you're there.

Room Tip: It's not about the room, you're missing the point
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
10  Thank steve c
Reviewed 24 September 2011

As some of the reviews indicate, this is not a luxury resort. I love the georgraphic area and the desert, but the grounds and facilities are marginal and poorly equipped. I had the nicest (most expensive) room there, and it had some attractive features, but was a terrible value for the money. The air conditioner blew strong and cold right on top of the bed, and was extremely uncomfortable, espcially since I spent most my stay sick in bed. The most significant issue was the lack of attention to the health and well-being of guests. Also, the focus on encouraging add-on spending was offensive. I have an autoimmune disorder and want there to "detox". The fasting and everything that went with was probably too much. I was very weak and sick. There was NO ONE who had any training or interest in helping...from a medical or any other perspective. I crawled to the phone to cancel a pre-booked massage (they start calling you weeks ahead to book supplemental services...all at a large fee). I told them I was very ill and could not make the appointment. No one made any attempt to find out what was going on or to offer assistance. The only thing they said was that I was not within the cancellation period and would have to pay for the massage anyway. Normally, I would insist on better service, and made a few attempts to get help, but I was too sick, and the management just didn't care. There is a HUGE focus on selling. That being said, some of the service providers offering reflexology, massages and colonics (for an additional fee), were impressive, and I met a few nice guests there. I think a lot of people like this place because they're trying to lose weight; you're forced to fast, and everyone does the colonics. Anyone fasting and completely emptying out their colon is going to lose weight...sometimes a lot. Much of it is water weight, and when they start eating again, much/most of it comes back. But they still credit the "spa" with the weight loss, and blame themselves when the weight comes back on. We Care did do some cooking classes on healthy eating, which were good, but I can take nutrition classes down the street. If you're going to run a treatment center with extreme methods like a total fast and daily colonics, you'd better have medical assistance available and be attuned to the health and well-being of your guests. That was not the case here.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
34  Thank regulartraveler705
Reviewed 22 February 2011

I have gone to Optimum Health 16-18 times over about 20 years and love the cleanse, but the facilities are very pedestrian. I had heard about We Care and tried it and was very pleased.

The Villa and Colony rooms are fantastic. The regular and deluxe rooms are dated but very clean and they are being remodeled in 2011 according to the people there. The cleanse itself is very, very good, although I think the one at OHI is slightly better if not more radical, and what I miss at We Care is fresh wheatgrass juice. I found a place in Palm Springs that does have it and my last three days at We Care I made the 25 minute trip into town to get it. I am going back with my wife and if I get a two week period in the future, I may do the first at OHI and then drive the two hours to We Care to be a little pampered. But for my one week, the choice now is We Care.

I love the desert in the spring and autumn, and there are wonderful trails to hike on that you can get to right from We Care. Like any of these places, there is a certain dogma, but the people are completely service oriented and no matter what room you stay in, they attend to your every request. Yes, it is self service for the diet, but that is fine and is good to know when you get back home so you can integrate what you have been doing into your regular life to whatever degree you do.

I would like to have natural hot springs since they are right in the area, but the jacuzzi is better than the natural hot springs at the spa down the road that We Care has an agreement with. The pool area is small but comfortable and since there are only about 27 rooms, generally here are chaise lounges available all day long.

The yoga and other classes are taught by excellent teachers and the spa treatments are excellent as well. I have been to spas all over the world and these practitioners are at the top of their respective fields.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo