“Perfect Relaxing Getaway!”

Ranked #10 of 22 Hotels in Desert Hot Springs
Canoga Park
“Perfect Relaxing Getaway!”
Reviewed 6 November 2012

Lido Palms Resort and Spa is absolutely fantastic! I decided to come here for a weekend getaway with my friends for my birthday, and we were all particularly impressed with how clean and spacious the rooms were, and they even come with tempurpedic beds!! The pools were so relaxing and great! I felt like I could stay in there forever! If you want to go hiking or down to Palm Springs for a nice restaurant, it takes about 20-30 minutes, but it's not bad at all. Greg was very friendly and accommodating in every way. Call him when you make reservations, and he'll help you out a lot!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Shinobu S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Glendora, California
Reviewed 28 October 2012

My wife and I really enjoyed our recent 3-night stay at the Lido Palms Resort and Spa in Desert Hot Springs. Our room was clean and spacious and the bed was very comfortable. The kitchen was fully furnished so some of our meals we had "in-house", which was both convenient and economical. Greg, the on-site manager, made us feel welcome and was very courteous and helpful during our stay. The trip was a nice balance between relaxing at Lido Palms' hot pools and doing a variety of things in the area. The first night and the following day, we stayed mostly around the Lido Palms "decompressing" in the various hot pools. (I did manage, however, to muster the energy to get out for a 4 mile run in the clean desert air!) Later that afternoon, we took a short drive to Palm Desert for a quick dinner and movie. The following day, we headed over to Palm Springs and took the Palm Springs Tram up into the high country of the San Jacinto Mountains where the tram handily dropped us off at the "Mountain Station" at around 8,500 feet elevation. After a short hike, we had lunch at the restaurant at the Mountain Station before taking the tram back down to the desert. It was great to return to the peaceful Lido Palms environment and "kick back" in the spas after a full day of activity. Later that evening, we chose (from a number of fine nearby restaurants) to eat at an Italian restaurant just a few minutes from the Lido Palms. On the morning of our departure, we got in some more "spa time" before heading home - refreshed! We look forward to coming back again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MountainMan30
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 18 October 2012

The Lido Palms is an extremely welcoming and clean facility. Members of my family stayed there for a family event and were very pleased with the accommodations and the friendly service at a more than reasonable price. There are 11 or 12 rooms -- more like suites -- with kitchens. You can stock up on food at a fairly close Trader Joe's and relax in the hot tub, pool or heated pool and then put together a nice little nosh for yourself. There is a barbecue available for use by those staying at the Lido Palms. The relaxing evening swims were my favorite part of the experience. I was completely free of any tension by the time I left!
If you don't want to put together a meal for yourself, there is a very good Mexican restaurant not far from the Lido Palms -- the Casa Blanca Restaurant at 66370 Pierson Blvd. We ate there three times during our five-day stay.
I was very satisfied with all aspects of my stay at the Lido Palms. However, please note that it is an approximate 20-minute drive to Palm Springs. No matter if you're self-sufficient and want to enjoy the sun and the pools.

Room Tip: Sorry about that terrible on the fitness center. There is no fitness center nor is there a restaura...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank hquigley
San Diego, California
Reviewed 28 September 2012

After reading all the reviews I could find, I chose The Lido Palms for our "first in a year" vacation. We have been unable to go away in at least a year and were desperate for extreme relaxation and peace. I had high hopes, and from the moment we got there, they were all answered! This is a smaller hotel, 11 rooms, but extremely clean and beautifully designed/decorated. Greg and Rod were very welcoming and we were given the tour without waiting forever to get checked in. The pools are amazing, each one is a different temperature and are kept very clean (I'm very picky about what I swim in). The rooms are nicely decorated and having a fully functional kitchen is the greatest!! For anyone who expects granite counter tops and stainless steel appliances, keep in mind that it is very functional and clean, but you are not buying the kitchen... The beds are extremely comfortable with beautiful, clean linens...the bath is not gigantic, but clean and functional. The spa is beautiful, and the services are fantastic! If you are in need of some quality time, by yourself, or with someone you love, you will definitely have it at the Lido Palms. We are planning to make several more trips there, as it was, without a doubt, the most relaxing vacation we have had!!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank mary b
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 19 September 2012

super! Thanks!!! S.G.,P.K.,G.G.This is a small,very quiet place,water temperature was a perfect,very clean.Lido Palms was an excellent......Thanks!!! The bed was very comfy.The rooms were nicely furnished but probably need to be updated soon.I would definitely go back,and back,for a longer stay!!!

Room Tip: any rooms,is very nice.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank suzanna I
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 3 September 2012

Very simple and clean spot, not luxurious, but comfortable and relaxing.
My niece, nephew and I stopped for the mineral waters. The owner was friendly, very kind and accommodating. The waters were invigorating and the environment was calming. We enjoyed the spas and a massage.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank miyuki56
Maryland
Reviewed 16 June 2012

After attending a conference to give a speech, my sister and I drove to Desert Hot Springs to spend one night with a last minute reservation. We picked up fruit at the farmers market in Palm Springs and fixings for dinner since had heard that there weren't that many choices for dinner. This is a small, very quiet place, and the manager is lovely.

Three pools to choose from with different temperatures, two of which are outside amongst palm trees. In addition to swimming/soaking/floating in the pools, they have several options for treatments with local therapists who come to the resort and spa. To celebrate my birthday my sister offered to pick up the cost for the water massage. The Swiss masseuse has integrated the warm water into his stretching/massage routine. My sister normally hates massages, but, after watching what he was doing with me, she agreed to do one herself. The masseuse gets in the pool with you and stretches, massages and twirls you around (see photos). A prior injury in the shoulder doesn't seem to bother me anymore so think the one time treatment helped. We had the indoor pool to ourselves so was private. The manager showed us the other treatment rooms, and they were very nice. We also spent hours soaking, chatting with some of the other guests, and reading by the pool. Very relaxing. Make sure you drink plenty of water, since soaking seems to make you "pee" more than usual. We traveled with empty water bottles to fill up for our travel to the airport.

This is not the place for the "hip" crowd since the decor in the spotless rooms is perhaps 50's (Barco-loungers), and we were the youngest guests. Many guests return year after year. Evidently Europeans like staying here during the summer though to me the warm water would be most relaxing during cooler weather. As a special treat, as we were leaving early the next morning, saw a kestrel on the palm tree closest to our car. We missed seeing the owl fly overhead per the manager. If you are in the area, definitely "treat" yourself to a relaxing stay here and a water massage. We felt that, through Tripadvisor, we had discovered a "secret" place.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business