“Two days by the pool in the Moroccan Sun”

El Morocco Inn & Day Spa
Reviewed 22 July 2009

From the moment we arrived and were greeted by the smiling proprietors, we knew we were in for a great time. The hotel is beautifully appointed. The designer's careful attention to detail and authenticity have created a Moroccan oasis in the California desert. The location sits on a natural desert hot spring, which feeds the pool and jacuzzi and provides award winning drinking water. My fiance and I believe this is by far the best quality water in which we've ever been! By day, the 115 F July sun kept us in the beautiful waters. By night, we lounged poolside with a hookah, sherry, and figs by the light of two fireplaces. The proprietors Bruce, John, and Steve took excellent care of us. They're natural extroverts and love to tell stories about their trips to Morocco. It's obvious they and their family love their inn and genuinely care about their guests, and their hard work paid off to give us one of the most relaxing and enjoyable weekends we've ever had. Looking forward to our next stay!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank codeculturist

Reviewed 11 July 2009

I arrived to the Inn on Thursday, exhausted, stressed out, really rough around the edges from overwork, kids, etc....knowing I needed some time just to recoup. I live and work in Palm Springs and couldnt get too far away. As soon as I walked through those doors I was transported far away to a whole new world. Bruce and Steve met me at the door with genuine warmth and I felt welcome immediatly. The warm colors and exotic decor also added to the feeling of being far away, I smelled eucaliptis and Moroccan spices as I was given the tour and guided to my room. My room, wow! Lavish silk pillows, tapastries,beads, lanterns of all kinds and a big poof of a bed canopied with netting would be my cacoon for the next two days...Bruce pointed out the luxurious sheets (they felt like silk!) and I counted 6 big fluffy pillows! I had arrived during happy hour and was introduced to the other guests, I joined them for a Moroccan-tini. We all bonded and spent the evening talking and laughing in the healing waters of the pool (which was the perfect tempurature) and huge heated spa. Bruce mentioned that the natural hot mineral water has trace amounts of lithium in it so I wanted to be sure I soaked in enough to get a much needed long nights sleep. The waters did their trick and I slept like a baby in one of the most comfortable beds I had ever slept in. The next morning I awoke to find Bruce, Steve and John putting out an abundant breakfast of bagels, sweet breads, avocados, tomatoes, oatmeal, granola, all kinds of fruit and more! Bruce made my french press coffee for me and I padded back to my room to change into my swimsuit. I spent the day reading, soaking and sleeping in this wonderful warm, friendly, relaxing and tranquil place. The hosts thought of everything for the guests comfort and entertainment. There was hundreds of free movies to choose from, a plethora of games, magazines and books. Hookas, firepits and lounging couches. I did not indulge in the spa but spoke to a few of the other guests who had massages and scrubs, they said the whole spa experience was A++ and they had soft and glowing skin to prove it! Throughout my stay every sense was pampered and my body got its much needed rest. Most profound was the restoration of my soul that came from the hospitality of the hosts, from the feeling of truly being welcome and cared for. Thank you so much Bruce, John and Steve!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 June 2009

My husband and I stayed here for my birthday and I have to tell you this place is outstanding and I wuld recommend it to everyone I know. Bruce is such a character and his smile and generous nature is contagious just being around him makes your stay fun! The Morrocan mint tea is soo good, I wish I could have taken some home with me. When you first walk through the doors the smells of eucalyptus fills the air and it just starts to instantly relax you. The pool and spa are heavenly, just swimming in the natural spring waters makes you feel somehow calm and soothing. In fact everything about this place is soothing. The rooms themselves are in excellent condition, well worth the price and in the warm summer the AC works like a charm. There is a great Mexicna food joint down the street and we ate there every night!! It is also close enough to take a trip to the casino is you'd like and also the outlet malls.. YEAH!! Although there is not a restaurant on site you can orde rin from the surrounding restaurants and they will bring it to yuop without you ever having to leave your lounge chair. And the BREAKFAST!! I have to say the presentation itself is awesome. They set every thing up as a serve yourself style buffet. With lots of healthy treats, granola, fresh berries, and other assortment and it looks wonderful when you walk out first thing in the morning. If you ahve never had french pressed coffee you are in for a treat! I had to buy one of those after leaving because they were so cool!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2009

Driving through the desert that surrounds Desert Hot Springs does not encourage much hope that the El Morroco Inn and Spa would be so very special. But, from the first step inside the door, the desert falls away, and the guest enters an almost enchanted environment - colors and textures capture one's eye - this is a jewel of an inn! And the ENTIRE staff exudes what I would call true Southern hospitality. Bruce, John and Steve have a vison that has emerged yet still is unfolding. Don't miss an opportunity to stop over in this fine Inn ("taking the waters" there is quite an experience as well!)

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 May 2009

We were greeted at the door when we arrived -- like old friends, and it was our first time there. Great service and attention to detail.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 May 2009

Driving into the residential neighborhood you may have some doubts or wondered if you took a wrong turn. But have no fear....Entering into El Morocco Inn is like transporting across the Atlantic to Northern Africa. Fantastic adornments and decorations add to the relaxing ambience. The rooms are to die for with wonderful fabrics, colors and beautiful authentic furniture. The pool and spa make you want to stay wet all day. The owners Bruce, Steve and John are the perfect hosts that complete the perfect getaway. Local restaurants offer variety, good food and reasonable prices. Palm Springs and the Outlet Malls are a short 20 minutes away.

We will be going back, both for planned trips.... and for spur of the moment stress relieving weekends. We Love you guys... thanks for a great weekend.
Bill and Sabrina

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 May 2009

I am so glad I did some research beofre my trip to Desert Hot Springs, which made me choose this place for staying. Clean and Beautiful room, awsome jacuzzi and swim pool, and most of all, the best inn keepers I have ever met in my whole life.

The way Bruce and Steve treated me and my friend made us feel that we were not just customers for them, but their guests, their friends. My friend even requested to be Bruce's friend on facebook after we came back. Is there another inn keeper can make you do that?

The price is higher than other hotels in Desert Hot Springs, but it worth. Everything you can reach is free. Coffee, drink, fruits, chips, popcorn, and DVD, you probably have to spend extra 50 bucks in other hotels if you touch them, but not here. And, every afternoon, in the happy hour, they serve Morocco-tini, a lovely cocktail. Definately, it's free. Bruce and Steve never hided those free stuff. Everytime we met them they asked us to take some drink, chips, and DVD, and to enojoy the staying.

The way Bruce and Steve manage the hotel make us so comfortable. There are only 8 rooms, and 16 guests maximum. No kids, and no pets. They can make the hotel bigger, but If there are hundreds of people or noisy kids around, the quality of service must drop, and we won't be relax at all.

Not that many things we can do in Desert Hot Springs, but El Morocco Inn & Spa makes me want to go and stay at least once every couple months.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends