“Best spa in the desert!”

and 1 more site!
El Morocco Inn & Day Spa
Rosarito, Mexico
“Best spa in the desert!”
Reviewed 8 August 2009

My husband and I stayed one night for my birthday, and we were completely blown away by how great this inn is. We have experienced a number of different spas in the desert and this one is the best, by far. The accommodations are absolutely exquisite, and the owners, Bruce and Steve are brothers who put a lot of attention to every detail in the remodel. When we arrived, I was depressed and in a funk, but as soon as we walked through their door, my mood changed instantly by Bruce's positive attitude and gracious welcome. We highly recommend the El Morocco Inn and will go there again. Jackie and Tom Devereaux

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank Jackie D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Maryland
Reviewed 23 July 2009

I went with a group of 4 not really doing all too much research on El Morocco before my arrival. We were lucky to book during a slow season and pretty much had the place to ourselves! A quick glance into their website and I was immediately captivated. Upon our arrival, Steve, Bruce & John couldn't have been more accommodating. They really transformed reality for us during the all-too-short 2 day stay we were there. Everything from the authentic Moroccon decor, the stories, the food, the comfort, the mineral springs, the genuine nature of our hosts - it is absolute heaven. You can't help but relax. We WILL be back!!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 22 July 2009

From the moment we arrived and were greeted by the smiling proprietors, we knew we were in for a great time. The hotel is beautifully appointed. The designer's careful attention to detail and authenticity have created a Moroccan oasis in the California desert. The location sits on a natural desert hot spring, which feeds the pool and jacuzzi and provides award winning drinking water. My fiance and I believe this is by far the best quality water in which we've ever been! By day, the 115 F July sun kept us in the beautiful waters. By night, we lounged poolside with a hookah, sherry, and figs by the light of two fireplaces. The proprietors Bruce, John, and Steve took excellent care of us. They're natural extroverts and love to tell stories about their trips to Morocco. It's obvious they and their family love their inn and genuinely care about their guests, and their hard work paid off to give us one of the most relaxing and enjoyable weekends we've ever had. Looking forward to our next stay!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank codeculturist
Palm Springs
Reviewed 11 July 2009

I arrived to the Inn on Thursday, exhausted, stressed out, really rough around the edges from overwork, kids, etc....knowing I needed some time just to recoup. I live and work in Palm Springs and couldnt get too far away. As soon as I walked through those doors I was transported far away to a whole new world. Bruce and Steve met me at the door with genuine warmth and I felt welcome immediatly. The warm colors and exotic decor also added to the feeling of being far away, I smelled eucaliptis and Moroccan spices as I was given the tour and guided to my room. My room, wow! Lavish silk pillows, tapastries,beads, lanterns of all kinds and a big poof of a bed canopied with netting would be my cacoon for the next two days...Bruce pointed out the luxurious sheets (they felt like silk!) and I counted 6 big fluffy pillows! I had arrived during happy hour and was introduced to the other guests, I joined them for a Moroccan-tini. We all bonded and spent the evening talking and laughing in the healing waters of the pool (which was the perfect tempurature) and huge heated spa. Bruce mentioned that the natural hot mineral water has trace amounts of lithium in it so I wanted to be sure I soaked in enough to get a much needed long nights sleep. The waters did their trick and I slept like a baby in one of the most comfortable beds I had ever slept in. The next morning I awoke to find Bruce, Steve and John putting out an abundant breakfast of bagels, sweet breads, avocados, tomatoes, oatmeal, granola, all kinds of fruit and more! Bruce made my french press coffee for me and I padded back to my room to change into my swimsuit. I spent the day reading, soaking and sleeping in this wonderful warm, friendly, relaxing and tranquil place. The hosts thought of everything for the guests comfort and entertainment. There was hundreds of free movies to choose from, a plethora of games, magazines and books. Hookas, firepits and lounging couches. I did not indulge in the spa but spoke to a few of the other guests who had massages and scrubs, they said the whole spa experience was A++ and they had soft and glowing skin to prove it! Throughout my stay every sense was pampered and my body got its much needed rest. Most profound was the restoration of my soul that came from the hospitality of the hosts, from the feeling of truly being welcome and cared for. Thank you so much Bruce, John and Steve!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled solo
Anaheim, CA
Reviewed 25 June 2009

My husband and I stayed here for my birthday and I have to tell you this place is outstanding and I wuld recommend it to everyone I know. Bruce is such a character and his smile and generous nature is contagious just being around him makes your stay fun! The Morrocan mint tea is soo good, I wish I could have taken some home with me. When you first walk through the doors the smells of eucalyptus fills the air and it just starts to instantly relax you. The pool and spa are heavenly, just swimming in the natural spring waters makes you feel somehow calm and soothing. In fact everything about this place is soothing. The rooms themselves are in excellent condition, well worth the price and in the warm summer the AC works like a charm. There is a great Mexicna food joint down the street and we ate there every night!! It is also close enough to take a trip to the casino is you'd like and also the outlet malls.. YEAH!! Although there is not a restaurant on site you can orde rin from the surrounding restaurants and they will bring it to yuop without you ever having to leave your lounge chair. And the BREAKFAST!! I have to say the presentation itself is awesome. They set every thing up as a serve yourself style buffet. With lots of healthy treats, granola, fresh berries, and other assortment and it looks wonderful when you walk out first thing in the morning. If you ahve never had french pressed coffee you are in for a treat! I had to buy one of those after leaving because they were so cool!

• Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
Charlottte NC
Reviewed 16 June 2009

Driving through the desert that surrounds Desert Hot Springs does not encourage much hope that the El Morroco Inn and Spa would be so very special. But, from the first step inside the door, the desert falls away, and the guest enters an almost enchanted environment - colors and textures capture one's eye - this is a jewel of an inn! And the ENTIRE staff exudes what I would call true Southern hospitality. Bruce, John and Steve have a vison that has emerged yet still is unfolding. Don't miss an opportunity to stop over in this fine Inn ("taking the waters" there is quite an experience as well!)

• Stayed June 2009, travelled solo
San Diego
Reviewed 26 May 2009

We were greeted at the door when we arrived -- like old friends, and it was our first time there. Great service and attention to detail.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple