“Nice”

Miracle Springs Resort and Spa
Reviewed 18 September 2013

First timer for my r&r solo vacation. Good experience. Loved the hot springs. Easy check in check out. Of course this place needs an upgrade and repairs and stuff. The room was spacious, clean enough, average. One little event happened; I spotted a huge spider crawling on the ceiling, then down the wall near the TV.
Hopefully I killed it..........Despite that, I'll be back...........

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reggie B, General Manager at Miracle Springs Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Im glad you enjoyed the hot mineral water! We hope to see you back soon.

Take care,
Reggie B

Write a ReviewReviews (1,267)

Reviewed 15 September 2013

Upon checking in we were charged on our credit card,we were not offered to pay cash as we wanted to do.The gal checking us in put on our contract that we had 2 room keys and we were only given one.we got to our room we were unable to get into our room because of malfunction with the door and had to wait 1 hour and hastle with maintanance to fix the lock or door handle.The room was okay roomy but outdated old tube TVs and no remote,again we had to have mainanance come and program a remote for us.We have been coming here for along time and there are to many corners being cut,My husband and I both recieved a massage his(with Julie) was great but mine with Nick was the worst massage I have ever gotten,I could have got up and just left the room .The spa didnt give flipflops out anymore and didnt let us wear our robes allday we had to turn them in we used to turn them in at checkout.The restaurant was the best part of the whole deal we had dinner,went back later for dessert and coffee and then breakfast,Juan was amazing,our server,and Stanley( front desk) was amazing as well ,he made us feel better after all the problems we had.I think the next time my husband and I want a spa we will try somewhere else.Seems the owner is not caring about guests anymore.

Room Tip: Dont pay extra for mountain view because its not that.
1  Thank Mike G
carsonparlan, Public Relations Manager at Miracle Springs Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

hey mike! we are so sorry that the first part of your visit was so bad, especially since you are a frequent guest of ours. please give us another chance; we highly value your business! thank you for the nice comments about our great capri restaurant and Stanley, our lead reservationist.

when you next visit us, please contact front desk manager reggie bickford. I am copying him on your review, and we will comp you on some appetizers, desserts or drinks in compensation for the experience you described.

with us, customer service is #1, and no one is more important than our many regular customers...you!

Reviewed 14 September 2013

This resort is a true “Miracle”!!! Spending time in the hot pools filled with natural water is the best way of relieving all the stress of everyday life. The suits are nice, roomy, and comfortable. A dinner at the Capri restaurant located at this resort is another unforgettable experience, from variety of menu entries to how nice and attentive the servers are. A full bar and tasty desserts make it impossible for you not to stop by. The hospitality and friendly manners of staff at the check in area left us no choice but to come back here again and again!!! This place is an absolute bliss and is capable to make you feel like you are royalty!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Laura A
carsonparlan, Public Relations Manager at Miracle Springs Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2013

Wow Laura, thank you so much for your glowing review. Chef Tyrone Love will be especially gratified when he reads your comments about our Capri Bistro. He's just added some stunning new dishes to an already impressive menu, including Lobster Linguine and his succulent recipe for Dr. Pepper Baby Back Ribs.

We look forward to seeing you and yours back here soon!

Reviewed 11 September 2013

We went for a 2 night stay (Sunday -Tues Sep 8-10) through Groupon.
I didn't know what to expect but honestly if you don't expect much, you can't be overly disappointed. The entrance, lobby, dining area/bar are nice. The room areas/halls are rather dingy and need a good update. Rooms are quite dated but large and reasonable. I would recommend a more detailed cleanup (i.e. vacuuming the corners/edges). The TV was a "tube" TV and the remote didn't work (I tried everything) but I didn't watch much TV anyways. Small fridge and microwave was perfect. Bathroom was fine except the towels are thin and rough. Time for some new ones. Mountain view room was OK except the surrounding neighborhood is on the lower end. Unfortunate that the location isn't more "isolated".
The pools are nice, clean and refreshing with varying sizes and temperatures. I question how much of the water is truly "mineral water". Maybe my expectations are more along the lines of the "smelly" volcanic variety of natural outdoor mineral springs I've experienced. Maybe I'm wrong with this type of spring.
In general, all the pools need to be refinished. The main pool was really run down. It needs a total re-plaster and new tiles but that didn't bother me too much.
I also would have liked to have had an umbrella for the lounge chairs because there are shady areas but are somewhat limited. There weren't many guests while we visited, so it wasn't an issue for us. I also know the area gets quite windy, so umbrellas may be problematic.
Big cudos to the Capri café/restaurant. The staff was very nice and the food was excellent. I only had dinner once, but the portions were large and quite tasty.
I didn't have any significant contact with the other areas of the resort (spa, management, reception) so I don't have any opinion on that topic.

Overall, I would come again. I hope management works on getting more things fixed up. You really need to do that to maintain decent clientele numbers.
If you want a 5-star resort.. well you're going to need to pay a lot more and go somewhere else, but this resort is decent. If you want to hang out in your room, go somewhere else. If you want to enjoy the sun, water, good food and spa treatments, then this place is just fine.

1  Thank Peter P
carsonparlan, Public Relations Manager at Miracle Springs Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2013

Hello Peter, we sincerely appreciate your honest and detailed review!
In your effort to be fair, you selected something here to praise for each mildly negative criticism. We're a family owned and run resort, so obviously we're aware of the upgrades you mentioned, and are working on all of them; one component at a time. (We've nearly replaced all of the small towels as I write this!)

We were gratified that you liked our Capri Restaurant so much; it's one of the best restaurants in the desert and, with $22 Filet Mignon, probably THE best value. Chef Tyrone Love has just added some succulent California Cuisine to the largely classic Italian menu.

Re: the mineral water; it's all real and exactly as our charts describe them. As our most important feature, we take great pains to maintain our pristine and healthful waters. Thank you for mentioning the lack of sulfuric smell that most underground hot springs have. There is something about our underground aquifer that has minimized this; it's not from dilution in any way.

We have instituted a customer service program wherein we copy all meaningful reviews to all staff members. Customer service is our #1 priority: your review will be at the top of next month's list.

Peter, we greatly look forward to your next visit here, and are confident you will see positive change in the areas you mentioned!

Reviewed 9 September 2013

Our first impression was this place is outdated, right down to the keycards. But the rooms were nice and spacious, we had a mini fridge and a patio that lead straight to the pools which we spent most of our time in!! It was very relaxing with hardly any kids which we thought was nice since its our weekend away. We had lunch by the pool and Giselle was friendly she laughed with us and recommended the spa saying they have 'miracle hands', although we did not try it she was really GENUINE throughout the day which isn't something you often see. We went in for dinner the food and everybody was great we think we'll be back again!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your kind words, Heather! We couldn't have said it better ourselves. And thanks for the shoutout for our fine server Giselle. She exemplifies our policy that genuine customer service is #1 in our industry. I will forward your review to her supervisor for further kudos. Thank you again!

Reviewed 5 September 2013

I was on a wheelchair and was able to access all of the amenities with ease and the staff was very helpful especially Annette (security). The rooms could use some updates and cable & tv Desperately need to be brought up to 2013 along with the ( Air condition ) system !

channels.

• Stayed: August 2013
carsonparlan, Public Relations Manager at Miracle Springs Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Thank you for your thoughtful and balanced review. We're very glad our customer service was to your liking, and are working on the upgrades you mentioned. They should be in place by the upcoming peak season. We hope to see you back here soon!

Reviewed 4 September 2013

I made a last minute reservation, when I arrived at the hotel 3-4 hours later, they did not have my reservation. The check-in then took 15-20 minutes. The clerk was very nice, just a laborious process. The rooms are average, motel like. The A/C in my room didn't work, I called the Front Desk. They did something there to "turn it on" even though I already had it on. After two tries of this "turn on" procedure, they sent the Maintenance Tech over to the room. He then went to check somewhere, apparently a fuse had blown, replaced it, the A/C started working. The other weird thing was the Pool Towels procedure. You have to get them at the Front Desk (for a $10 deposit per towel) and return them to the Front Desk.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank PetePandit
michaelbickford, Owner at Miracle Springs Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Hi Pete! Thanks for sharing. If you made your reservation through an online travel agency, they can lag when transmitting the reservation.. this is extremely frustrating for us when this happens as well. I check w my team and get to the bottom of this. I'm also looking into how our system of regulating AC wasn't on target. Could you email us your reservation details so we could check? Email my son, the Front Desk Manager, at reggiebickford@gmail.com.

Also, our rooms are HUGE! All of our rooms have a full refrigerator, microwave, tv, sofa, dinning table and patio. And after getting lost in the room for a short time, we encourage all guests to soak in our 8 hot mineral pools, the desert's finest waters! We hope to hear from you and see you again.

Best regards,