“Could be nice if upgraded”

Miracle Springs Resort and Spa
Olympia, Washington
“Could be nice if upgraded”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

The pool side room was very nice. While the many pools and grounds were taken care of well on a daily basis, the main pool bottom and sides are in bad need of refinishing. They do not look good and are dirty. The decking around the many pools is also in bad need of refinishing and was dirty. The lounge chairs are very old and many were broken. The room was well kept and the maid came around the same time of the day to clean. The service was good and the restaurant was very accommodating for all our special orders to take out. We stayed four days and did enjoy our stay and thought the price was reasonable. Just wish they would do better on maintenance.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

carsonparlan, Public Relations Manager at Miracle Springs Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
Thank you for your thoughtful and balanced review, especially that you appreciated the value for price we deliver. Our pools will be refinished in about 2 months, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (351)
  • Korean first
Sitka, Alaska
Reviewed 19 September 2013

My boyfriend and I did a last minute trip. I called the morning of to make reservations. We traveled separtetley. He got there before I did and they let him check into the room with out me and never needed to confirm that it was okay he was checking in under my name.
Then in the am I went and ate down by the pool. My waitress Gabby was rude and unprofessional. She did not come to check on me at all instead she yelled at me from a far to see if I needed anything. Another couple had the same experience with Gabby.
Other than that we were not there much. Rooms were good and clean.

Room Tip: Rooms were fine. Nothing fancy.
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reggie B, General Manager at Miracle Springs Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Thank you for your review and letting us know about your issue at the restaurant. We have counseled the about how to attend outside tables, and we hope you will come back and give us another shot!

Travellers are raving about these Desert Hot Springs hotels

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I read all the reviews and was okay with the fact that it is an older resort. I booked and received an email confirmation directly from the hotel. So far so good! We pulled up and was greeted by an older African American guy who reeked of cigarettes! However, he was nice and checked us in and went through all the policies; ie. $10 charge for pool towels.

We went to our room. We opened the door and the smell of hot PISS literally knocked us down! We called down to the front desk and was advised to open the patio door and turn on the air. We left for a few hours and ate (couldn't leave our belongings in there... too smelly) and when we go back it was late and the room had aired out but was very damp and just lightly pissy. We asked for another room but was told, there weren't any others. So we endured.

I woke up the next morning to notice my card was charged nearly $170 more than confirmed. I called and spoke with a front desk agent who then referred me to the Sales Manager. After emailing her my confirmation, she advised she would release the holds and charge the correct amount.

Upon checking out (you must turn in the keys or you will be charged), I asked for a receipt. After much hesitation, she handed me a receipt. I told her the rate was wrong and she recalled the earlier calls and said she would fix it. I called back the next day as nothing had changed on my bank statements. After being placed on hold for 22 minutes, I was told someone would call me back. I waited several hours and no call back so I called back. Placed on hold again and after 12 minutes was told that the manager would go through the notes and call me shortly.

Now the next day, and guess what? No one has called me back to rectify the situation. This time I called back and spoke with Nick. Nick did state he does show a refund pending. To date, my bank shows nothing! BE CAREFUL WITH YOU CARDS HERE UNLESS YOU DONT HAVE A NEED FOR ANY OF YOUR OWN MONEY FOR SEVERAL DAYS ON END!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank TrePolo
carsonparlan, Public Relations Manager at Miracle Springs Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Wow! I really don't know what to say. If your description is accurate, there is no excuse, period. I am forwarding this review to the management and ownership. I needn't say how sorry I am for your experience. Mere words cannot counteract what happened. However, I will try to find out what and why this happened and, hopefully, we can correct the situation.

Thank you for writing.
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I took advantage of a groupon so the price was right. Also the pools are nice, not over-crowded like the sister property next door. The rooms need updating and there are ants running around the outside door frame, although I only could find one inside. Plus, they serve Seattle's Best coffee in their restaurant, another plus. But that $120. massage I so dearly looked forward to was a big disappointment. Not pleasurable and at times very painful. It didn't help that outside my massage room, the staff was clucking away noisily using their outside voice although there was signs posted everywhere to please be quiet.

Room Tip: Mountain view looks upon an empty lot.

1 Thank greatgreg
Hi, sorry for the late response but I did speak to the spa services dept about this particular instance at the time I read your review. We hope to see you back soon!

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 18 September 2013

First timer for my r&r solo vacation. Good experience. Loved the hot springs. Easy check in check out. Of course this place needs an upgrade and repairs and stuff. The room was spacious, clean enough, average. One little event happened; I spotted a huge spider crawling on the ceiling, then down the wall near the TV.
Hopefully I killed it..........Despite that, I'll be back...........

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Im glad you enjoyed the hot mineral water! We hope to see you back soon.

Beaumont, California
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Upon checking in we were charged on our credit card,we were not offered to pay cash as we wanted to do.The gal checking us in put on our contract that we had 2 room keys and we were only given one.we got to our room we were unable to get into our room because of malfunction with the door and had to wait 1 hour and hastle with maintanance to fix the lock or door handle.The room was okay roomy but outdated old tube TVs and no remote,again we had to have mainanance come and program a remote for us.We have been coming here for along time and there are to many corners being cut,My husband and I both recieved a massage his(with Julie) was great but mine with Nick was the worst massage I have ever gotten,I could have got up and just left the room .The spa didnt give flipflops out anymore and didnt let us wear our robes allday we had to turn them in we used to turn them in at checkout.The restaurant was the best part of the whole deal we had dinner,went back later for dessert and coffee and then breakfast,Juan was amazing,our server,and Stanley( front desk) was amazing as well ,he made us feel better after all the problems we had.I think the next time my husband and I want a spa we will try somewhere else.Seems the owner is not caring about guests anymore.

Room Tip: Dont pay extra for mountain view because its not that.
1 Thank Mike G
carsonparlan, Public Relations Manager at Miracle Springs Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
hey mike! we are so sorry that the first part of your visit was so bad, especially since you are a frequent guest of ours. please give us another chance; we highly value your business! thank you for the nice comments about our great capri restaurant and Stanley, our lead reservationist.

when you next visit us, please contact front desk manager reggie bickford. I am copying him on your review, and we will comp you on some appetizers, desserts or drinks in compensation for the experience you described.

with us, customer service is #1, and no one is more important than our many regular customers...you!
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 14 September 2013

This resort is a true “Miracle”!!! Spending time in the hot pools filled with natural water is the best way of relieving all the stress of everyday life. The suits are nice, roomy, and comfortable. A dinner at the Capri restaurant located at this resort is another unforgettable experience, from variety of menu entries to how nice and attentive the servers are. A full bar and tasty desserts make it impossible for you not to stop by. The hospitality and friendly manners of staff at the check in area left us no choice but to come back here again and again!!! This place is an absolute bliss and is capable to make you feel like you are royalty!!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank Laura A
carsonparlan, Public Relations Manager at Miracle Springs Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 15 September 2013
Wow Laura, thank you so much for your glowing review. Chef Tyrone Love will be especially gratified when he reads your comments about our Capri Bistro. He's just added some stunning new dishes to an already impressive menu, including Lobster Linguine and his succulent recipe for Dr. Pepper Baby Back Ribs.

We look forward to seeing you and yours back here soon!