“Very nice, great spa, but some fixes are clealy needed.”

Miracle Springs Resort and Spa
Reviewed 16 January 2014

The layout and general peacefulness of the location is wonderful. Various room types, styles and price options. Rooms are not well updated but mostly clean and kept. Staff generally good and seems like there has been a slight uptick in the staff conscience. Room service was very nice and had both fancy and simple options (read big $$ and small $ = good!).

WiFi seems to have worked better this trip than at any other time. A major enhancement for me and mine.

Our room had a completely worthless little TV (26 inch maybe) without HDMI hookups. I had asked for a room with better TV as they do not have movie rentals. There IS a dvd in the room but I generally rent or purchase BluRay so I need to use my laptop or tablet (hdmi also / think Netflix) to connect.

Number of small issues in the rooms. Nothing critical but a solid one over by maintenance would greatly help image... screen door not guided, screws loose on entry to bath (scratched foot), dryhanger in tub fallen off, no coffee cups,

I say that they are on the right track. If you have lots of kids or want a more active / busy / fun place, go next door (150 feet next door!). For more quiet and relaxing, this is a good place.

Spa services are nice. Masseuse Conception has proven to be the best to date from both my sister's and my opinion.

For the record, I have stayed here approximately 15 times in the last 3 years.

Room Tip: Ask ahead of time for Conception for massage. Demand better TV, yikes!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reggie B, Guest Relations Manager at Miracle Springs Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Hi,

Thanks for leaving your comments! It is particularly helpful hearing from a someone who has stayed with us a number of times recently. You hit on our strong suites, large clean comfortable rooms, affordable and wonderful spa treatments and restaurant service, and a peaceful mineral water experience.

We also agree that room amenities need a few updates, which is why we think you'll be glad to see that we have upgraded our locks and bedding. Obviously TVs are important to you, and we are phasing in our smart TV solutions begining Feburary 10th. Feel free to email me reggieb@miraclesprings.com prior to your next stay for loyal customer perks!

Reggie B

Write a ReviewReviews (1,268)

Reviewed 15 January 2014

Amazing! The service was fantastic and the food Devine. We got the glamour and glitz package. The spas are awesome. The salt scrub and sea weed wrap is to die for. The gals in the spa know exactly what they are doing. Very affordable for what you get.

• Stayed: January 2014

Thank you for staying with us and leaving your compliments on the Spa Services! Hope you come see us again soon.

Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

The spa was really nice. I had a great massage from Gail, I had a headache when I went in, and she paid extra attention there. She has great hands, and a kind and caring soul. The next day I had a fantastic pedicure from Idell. Her deft hands made my hard working feet feel brand new. I would highly recommend asking for these highly skilled therapists. My wife had a pedi from Karla and she recommend her as well.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reggie B, Public Relations Manager at Miracle Springs Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2014

Im so glad you had the ultimate relaxation with your spa therapies. We do have very talented folks in the spa department in a variety of treatments and holistic fields. Come back and see us soon! Cap off your next message with our free organic wine tastings every Friday and Saturday.

Cheers and happy new year,
Reggie Bickford
reggieb@miraclesprings.com

Reviewed 30 December 2013

My girlfriend and I came here 6 times in 2013 - we love it here! The mineral water in the pools is nothing short of healing - skin, joints, overall health. The staff has always been super helpful, and it's just a nice self-contained mini-resort. 110 rooms, nice restaurant and bar. Food is great there, and good value. But if you desire, Palm Springs is exactly 20 minutes away.

Max our waiter was awesome!!!

Room Tip: Get pool view (upstairs) or even better, a pool side room (downstairs). Both are worth the extra few...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Beach Steve, thanks for your review! We are glad you enjoy the plethora of hot mineral water fun. I like how you coined it a nice mini-resort.! I will pass your compliments along to Max. We are also beginning free organic wine tastings every Friday and Saturday night, so come enjoy 4 tasts on us next time you're out!

Reviewed 30 December 2013

Hotel is very dated and in desperate need of renovation. Old beds, old furnishings, old/dirty carpet, old locks on the doors (not even electronic!), old everything. We only stay here because the springs are great, and their multiple pools with differing temperatures are fantastic. However, as a hotel, it is seriously lacking.

We took a family trip out to Desert Hot Springs and booked two queen/queen suites that were supposed to be connected with a door in-between; however, upon arrival, despite confirmation that the room would have a connecting door, our rooms didn't have that (front desk apparently had some misinformation and believed our room DID have a connecting door and made a maintenance person come to "confirm" that there was, in fact, no door, despite us being in the room and not seeing any door!). No other rooms were available so we had to do with what we got.

Upon arrival to our rooms, we noticed there were lots of little pieces of trash on the ground (obviously the room had not been vacuumed prior to our arrival), and even a dirty towel was left on the ground. We called the front desk and they serviced the room promptly, so points for them there.

Bathroom was clean except for the shower – grout and caulking in between tub and tile surround was very dirty and black in many places. It made showering an unpleasant experience.

Front desk had serious issues with towels. I went up to the front desk 3 different times asking for towels, and each time I was told they were in the process of being washed and to come back in 20-30 minutes. I'd wait 20 minutes and try again only to get the same response. Finally, after over an hour of waiting and calling the front desk, towels were available. Even the towels, both the outdoor towels and the bath towels in the room, are old and very rough on your skin. Need to be replaced.

Service was average, friendly check-in staff but nothing special. Housekeeping staff was also friendly. Overall this place is great because it has multiple pools to relax in, and if you are with a lot of people this is probably better than most of the other smaller resorts around Desert Hot Springs. However, I cannot stress enough how desperately this hotel is in need of serious renovation.

Also, I've seen the owner/manager comment previously that renovations are going on currently...I walked around the entire resort and saw no such renovations in progress. I might have missed them, but it certainly doesn't seem to be going on, and the rooms have certainly been exempt from them.

Room Tip: Poolside rooms are more expensive but very convenient direct access to pools
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Alex W
Reggie B, Guest Relations Manager at Miracle Springs Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Thanks for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review. Our Front Desk is really a great team for us and although you feel the service was average yet friendly, we continue to work to resolve all your issues. I apologize for the door situation, that should have been clarified by the hotel at check in. We take your regards seriously and really hope to get the chance to serve you as our guest once again.

Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

Our family checked in at 2:30 for one night and thankfully one of the three rooms we reserved was ready. The other two weren't ready until after 5:30 -the last one after 6:00. Considering we had dinner reservations at 7:00 and had two children under 4, it was not only inconvenient, but it prevented us from being able to relax and enjoy the pools prior to having to get ready for dinner. Moreover, the desk didn't have enough towels and the service in the restaurant was slow as well. If you really want to take full advantage of this resort's amenities, I would suggest you plan on staying two nights.

• Stayed: December 2013
michaelbickford, Guest Relations Manager at Miracle Springs Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

I'm glad you enjoyed the springs but I am very disappointed that your rooms were not ready by the 4pm check in. I will speak with the housekeeping head and reaffirm that we are doubling down on staff for every weekend and holiday period. You may be happy to hear that we've purchased entirely new bedding for extra relaxation to compliment our 8 hot mineral water spa experience. Feel free to contact me prior to or during your next stay at reggieb@miraclesprings.com.

We hope to see you back soon, and perhaps for the two nights you recommend for a stay!

Reviewed 18 December 2013

great size rooms clean friendly staff great prices the restaurant has good food and service for a very fair price the hotel has their pools open 24 hrs and very helpful for printing airline bording pass !! always my first choice in the desert ....

Room Tip: all rooms are about the same !!!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank LV2TRAVEL1968
Reggie B, General Manager at Miracle Springs Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2013

Glad you stayed with us! You complimented us on what we do well so that always makes us proud. Greatly appreciated.

Take care and come see us again,