“Another Good Visit”

Miracle Springs Resort and Spa
Chino Hills, California
“Another Good Visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

Is it the best? maybe not but we go back 5 or six times a year. Great staff, good rooms, fantastic Spa, 24 hours pools (7 hot pools), incrdible view of San Jacinto, Concepcion and Darryl are phenomenal in the SPA. Stanley at the front desk really gets it with his guests.

Room Tip: Sunrise in a mineral pool is special. Ask for Cocepcion or Darryl if you want an incredible Spa exp...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reggie B, Guest Relations Manager at Miracle Springs Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
As I have said in many reviews of past, customer service is always the most rewarding compliment! As Director of Marketing, I really appreciate concise comments that capture our experience, so nice I'll say it twice.

"Great staff, good rooms, fantastic Spa, 24 hours pools (7 hot pools), incredible view of San Jacinto, Concepcion and Darryl are phenomenal in the SPA. Stanley at the front desk really gets it with his guests."

Reggie B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (343)
  • Korean first
San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

In need of a respite from “coastal living,” my mother and I headed to the desert for a few days. Upon a friend’s recommendation, we booked 3 nights at Miracle Hot Springs Resort in the town of Desert Hot Springs, just a few miles, and decades removed from très très hip Palm Springs.
The family oriented spa is steeped in the 70s (though it was built in 1994!) , from its comfortable and unassuming décor, to its restaurant featuring 14-ounce sirloin steaks, avocados stuffed with a mouth-watering crab meat mixture, and even three-bean salad.

The windy February weather didn’t keep me from trying all five of the spa’s hot pool, the largest kept at an even 85 degrees. Five smaller pools and Jacuzzis range from 94 to 104 degrees. Enough to keep you immersed for the whole day!

Sunday brunch appears to be as popular with the multi cultural families staying at the hotel as it is with locals. Thus, the service slows down to a craaaaawl, though the overworked staff tries its best to accommodate the crowd. Make reservations to avoid a long wait for an enormous stuffed croissant or delicious Eggs Benedict.

Special mention of Stanley, the most friendly and knowledgeable check in clerk I have encountered in my travels..

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view room, a bit more expensive, but with immediate access to pools.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Nick S, Public Relations Manager at Miracle Springs Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Thank you for staying with us and leaving your compliments to the staff!! Sounds like you took full advantage of our 8 hot mineral pools and spas!! I agree that the food is delicious for dinner and breakfast, but I'm sorry that things ran a little slow at your brunch. We sure would have loved to earn your 5th star. I will pass you compliments along to Stanley, and see what we can do to add more staff to our Sunday Brunches. I hope you come see us again soon!

Moose Jaw, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

Hotel and room were ok nothing special. Bathrooms faucets our old and need updating. Staff was very friendly at Capri restaurant in am. Capri restaurant closes at 9 pm very poor service.i
We went to spa hotels tour in desert hot springs , was a real disorganized mess. The after tour reception was held at miracle springs hotel and it was a very poorly run . Room was to small , lunch was a F. If your going to have people pay $40.00 each for a spa tour make it a event to be remembered not a gong show

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for leaving your input on the Spa Tour event. The event is put on and organized by the Desert Hot Springs Chamber of Commerce, and I'm sorry to hear that you feel they didn't do a better job. I was present at the entire event, and from what I could tell, everyone was having a great time. I hope next time you get a chance to soak in our world famous hot mineral water.

Travellers are raving about these Desert Hot Springs hotels

San Diego
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014

We had a family stay at Miracle Springs, JAn 26-28,2014,Horrible stay, First it took one hour to finally check us in, they had only one key and that key did not work and we had to go back to Front Desk to solve the problem, it took another 30 min, Michaela at the Front Desk was very rude to us,although there was Stanley who eventually helped us out and got us another room, Stanley was the only one normal, helpful and professional employee at the Front Desk. After that we had a problem with shower, no hot water, and we had to ask key from closest room to be able to take a shower, it was huge inconvenience. Overall our stay was horrible, we did not enjoy at all.We left a note for the Front Desk Supervisor Nick, who never called us back. I am a former Front Desk employee and i know there is absolutely noway to treat guests like that! I will not go back and wont recommend to my friend.I will also consider if the Hotel reacts to this review and will try to reimburse somehow our inconvenience, if so, I will go ahead and leave another review and tell you, my friends, how everything ended...

Room Tip: not 137, no Hot water
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank Tiffany r
Reggie B, Public Relations Manager at Miracle Springs Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 8 February 2014
Hi Tiffany, I'm so sorry about the issues you recounted. We have an entirely new dynamic lock system being installed presently, and due to an unanticipated snafu in the installation, we are running low on keys and were issuing 1 or 2 per room. I am very sorry it hampered your smooth check in. It should be resolved prior the week of Feb 10th.

Interestingly enough, we use the underground hot mineral water for all of the shower water on property. A true hot mineral water experience!! Hot water issues could be operator error, but since you left your room # for us we will investigate and consider using better H-C signage.

Customer service is what we take the most pride in when we are complemented, and conversely it's the most powerful criticism. I think our reviews indicate that the majority of our guests give us top ranks for customer service, and I am so sorry that wasn't your experience. At least you got some of Stanley's light. We would love to show you our best foot forward.. I get the feeling you will want more sun and spa relaxation this spring:) Come back Tiffany! I can be reached personally at reggieb@miraclesprings.com for priority accommodations.

Ownership
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

My wife and I spent the week of 1/26/2014 at the Miracle Springs Hotel and Spa as part of the Touring Friends group. The room was spacious, clean and quite comfortable and service was quite good. I particularly wish to commend the staff member, Heather Carter, who went out of her way to enable us to visit sights when transportation was otherwise not available. Our stay was quite enjoyable and we certainly would stay there again if we are in the area.

Israel Nissenbaum

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reggie B, Guest Relations Manager at Miracle Springs Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 8 February 2014
Israel,

Thank you for your compliments and I will pass the along to Heather and the rest of the staff. We thoroughly enjoyed hosted your group. We look forward to having you back next year :)

Hood River, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

Resort was fully booked so had to change rooms during our stay. Thanks to Guadalupe head of housekeeping and Naflali the transition was smooth and effortless. Resort is clean and very relaxing had a fantastic massage from Teresa. Great breakfast cafe rib eye steak and eggs for under 10 dollars. Can walk right out of the room to mineral pools and the large swimming pool is warm and inviting. About a 15 min drive to palm springs where you can do whatever you enjoy doing in Palm Springs. Have access to hotel next door that has more mineral pools and a louder atmosphere.

Room Tip: Poolside rooms are worth paying a little more for
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
I'm glad you had a fantastic stay! More importantly, I appreciate the staff's work in making sure you were well taken care of. You hit on all of our great services: great food, rejuvenating spa experience, and the 8 hot mineral pool water oasis!

Hope to see you back,
Cathedral City, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

I checked into the Miracle Springs Resort for the 3rd year this past weekend. This year I was fortunate to have Stanley register my check-in. Stanley was friendly, professional and informative. It was evident that Stanley enjoyed in job and was extremely good at it. Stanley set the tone for my entire 4 day stay.

My room was comfortable and conveniently located near the pools. There are 7 pools to enjoy based on one's personal comfort levels regarding pool size, amount of heat and privacy. My spa treatments were performed well and on time. The Capri restaurant 's menu was good and reasonably priced.

I'm looking forward to next year's stay. I hope Stanley is there to check me in.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Alicia M
Nick S, Guest Relations Manager at Miracle Springs Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
WOW what a great compliment to Stanley and our front desk:)

Stanley truely has a passion for pleasing and he makes people laugh. We actually have 8 hot mineral pools and spas, but who is keeping track! We look forward to having you back soon!