So I set out to find a place in the Palm Springs area that would have a 24 hour pool since we would be arriving late and after some googling turned up with this place. After viewing their lacking website and some mixed reviews on this site I must admit I was very skeptical, but decided to give them a try.
Neighborhood - This property is located in an area that is primarily residential, and I will say that there were a couple 'strange people' about. They went about their business and we went about ours. There isn't much in the way of stores or restaurants nearby, so plan on eating at the hotel's restaurants or bringing your own food unless you are fine with a 15-20 minute drive. The hotel provides microwaves and refrigerators, and room service is available until 11pm.
Parking lot and security - The parking lot is very well-lit and we felt safe. There is also a security person that patrols the entire property throughout the night.
Age/Cleanliness - There was noticable wear and tear in our bathroom consisting mostly of stained grout and caulking, but other than that it was fine. The rooms have all been remodeled since some of the earlier reviews on here were written, so the beds, carpeting and furniture were all in decent shape.
Pool area - The pool area was very nice with plenty of palm trees, deck chairs, and many different pools and hot tubs scattered throughout. There weren't too many people out at night so we had lots of places to choose from and could be by ourselves for the most part. The towels they provide are small and low quality, so bring a couple of nice beach towels with you.
Food and drink - We enjoyed their Sunday brunch buffet for $12.99pp. Food wasn't fancy but was plentiful. There was a bar located inside next to the restaurant. A couple of times we got drinks and brought them outside and during the day there was a drink server at the pool, infrequently though. Drinks were pretty cheap at around $4 each.
So, overall we had a really enjoyable time. The price was right, and if you enjoy swimming, hot tubbing and being in the sun you won't be disappointed. We will be back again very soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Miracle Springs Resort & Spa presents an array of elegant spa therapies and beauty treatments in a relaxing hot springs resort environment with spectacular mountain views and miraculous healing waters. 110 large rooms and suites surround a lushly landscaped acre of 8 natural hot mineral water pools and Jacuzzis open 24 hours. Poolside and mini-suite rooms have private patios with easy access to the pools. Balconied rooms overlook the pool courtyard and mountain view rooms enjoy a spectacular view of the San Jacintos. 4 Vacation Villas are fully furnished 3-bedroom homes adjacent to the resort with easy access to all hotel services. Enjoy fine indoor & outdoor dining at The Capri Restaurant & Bar. Miracle Springs Resort & Spa is the perfect weekend escape from LA or a gorgeous venue for your wedding, corporate event or banquet, or group retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Miracle Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Miracle Springs Hotel Desert Hot Springs
- Miracle Springs Desert Hot