“Hot tubbing under the stars at its finest.”

Miracle Springs Resort and Spa
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Hot tubbing under the stars at its finest.”
Reviewed 2 March 2009

So I set out to find a place in the Palm Springs area that would have a 24 hour pool since we would be arriving late and after some googling turned up with this place. After viewing their lacking website and some mixed reviews on this site I must admit I was very skeptical, but decided to give them a try.

Neighborhood - This property is located in an area that is primarily residential, and I will say that there were a couple 'strange people' about. They went about their business and we went about ours. There isn't much in the way of stores or restaurants nearby, so plan on eating at the hotel's restaurants or bringing your own food unless you are fine with a 15-20 minute drive. The hotel provides microwaves and refrigerators, and room service is available until 11pm.

Parking lot and security - The parking lot is very well-lit and we felt safe. There is also a security person that patrols the entire property throughout the night.

Age/Cleanliness - There was noticable wear and tear in our bathroom consisting mostly of stained grout and caulking, but other than that it was fine. The rooms have all been remodeled since some of the earlier reviews on here were written, so the beds, carpeting and furniture were all in decent shape.

Pool area - The pool area was very nice with plenty of palm trees, deck chairs, and many different pools and hot tubs scattered throughout. There weren't too many people out at night so we had lots of places to choose from and could be by ourselves for the most part. The towels they provide are small and low quality, so bring a couple of nice beach towels with you.

Food and drink - We enjoyed their Sunday brunch buffet for $12.99pp. Food wasn't fancy but was plentiful. There was a bar located inside next to the restaurant. A couple of times we got drinks and brought them outside and during the day there was a drink server at the pool, infrequently though. Drinks were pretty cheap at around $4 each.

So, overall we had a really enjoyable time. The price was right, and if you enjoy swimming, hot tubbing and being in the sun you won't be disappointed. We will be back again very soon.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (351)
  • Korean first
Long Beach, California
Reviewed 28 February 2009

My husband, son (11 yrs. old), and I spent the night at Miracle Spring over a Saturday night in January. The weather was fantastic that weekend and we were looking forward to trying a new place in the Palm Springs area. It was a good deal (we paid $87 for the room) so we decided to give it a shot.

Upon arrival it was apparent that the hotel is a bit dated. Peach-tones and shiny brass are still the basic palette of the decor. They have done some updating in the lobby area by adding marble floors and nice furniture but it's like putting designer clothes on your aging aunt who smokes and still wears her hair in a beehive! Not horrible but could use some additional upgrading.

The common areas are not bad but, again, not what I was expecting. The concrete walkways in the exterior hallways and pool area are old, cracking and have wide, empty grout lines that have filled with trash and gum over the years.

The hotel advertises "7 pools" - this means a main pool, three medium sized 15-person spas, two circular 12' deep bubbler pools, and two additional tiny jacuzzi pools that barely fit two people. They seem to be set at different temperatures - the smaller they are the warmer they are.

Our room was very standard, middle of the road decor. Polyester, funky-patterned beadspread, sitting area with a loveseat, mini-fridge. The bathroom needs a remodel - looked about 20 years old. It was clean and I have no complaints but it wasn't a room that I could relax in for more than a short while.

The clientele when we were there, consisted of about half Japanese tourists, and locals and others from around the area. Very working -class group. I met the local hooker in a jacuzzi - she was staying there with her "friend" from Westlake Village - not the high point of the stay. Nice girl but you'd think the hotel would be a bit more descerning with who is admitted. She did assure me that this is the nicest place in the string of hot-spring resorts along this road - she should know!

We had the Sunday morning buffet brunch - it was very good! Fantastic selection of breakfast and brunch items.

All told I probably won't stay here again. There are so many beautiful places to stay in Palm Springs - there is NOTHING to do in Desert Hot Springs unless you like thrift stores and carnicerias. Not one good restaurant to be seen.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled with family
mandybremen, Public Relations Manager at Miracle Springs Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 6 March 2009
Dear Guest:

Thank you for posting your comments on Trip Advisor. We are sorry that you did not take the opportunity to discuss your discomforts with Guest Services while you were with us... even for your one night stay, as we are most anxious to respond to all Guest concerns. We note that you gave us four stars for cleanliness and three stars for service and value... normally that represents a satisfied Guest. Our pools are different temperatures so that Guests can select the one(s) most suitable and comforatble for them. We hope that you found one that you liked.

We do not pass judgment on prospective Guests. In other words, we would have no reason to deny registration for a clean communicative potential Guest. We do apologize for any discomforts that you experienced while you were with us.

There are several award winning restaurants in Desert Hot Springs, ours among them, and we thank you for your nice comments about our Sunday Brunch.

Mandy Bremen
Public Relations Manager
montreal
Reviewed 21 February 2009

Great views, close to golf and the mountains.
In house restraurant - but nothing fancy.
Rooms ok - but don't take one facing the mountains - not pretty.
Nice pools and jac's.
Nice staff - very welcoming

• Stayed December 2008, travelled with family
Arizona
Reviewed 20 January 2009

Miracle Springs Resort and Spa is located at the beginning of a residential area, above the town of Desert Hot Springs. I spent two weeks there (December 4-18), in spite of some of some really scarey reviews. I'm glad that I took the chance. Those old reviews are so out-of-date, that they no longer describe anything current. The variety of hot springs, set in a beautiful landscape of flowers and green trees, was almost a Disney-like experience come true! The hotel has had a complete interior renovation done, within the last year or so, including new mattresses and hall carpeting. I've been told that other decorating and fundamental changes are in the process. This is NOT a 5 star hotel, so, of course, there are things some people won't like; but, nothing that detracts from the overall experience. Relaxing in the hot mineral waters can heal sore bodies and wipe away stress. The employees were friendly, and behaved as though they wanted guests to be satisfied. The rooms are large, with a sitting area that makes it feel like two rooms. Mine had two TVs, a 'fridge, microwave, and coffee maker. Bring pyrex cups or whatever, for the microwave; there are no plates or supplies. The restaurant has a $12 Sunday brunch so large, that it is almost impossible to sample everything. The employees went out of their way (I thought) to make me comfortable. The only negatives are the same as might be found anywhere, especially if you're looking for faults. There are always conditions or off-moments that don't fit the overall pattern. Forget it! This is not a swinging area. There's nothing to do and nowhere to go, The review comments about the surroundings, refer to areas that are not adjacent to the hotel. There is a bus stop across the street that goes every where for $1, or less. I went to Palm Springs and to the grocery store, in town. I reveled in the healing waters and caught up on my reading. The TV got me hooked on NCIS and House. For what it's worth, I'm planning my next trip. already. Hope to see you there!

3 Thank 2RPS
pripri
Reviewed 3 December 2008

I've never written a review. Never been tempted to. But the appalling service by the front desk folks have lit a fire.

The pools were fantastic. So much so that I know I'll return. The wait staff in the bar area's restaurant were incredibly friendly and accommodating. To the point that it highlighted the deficient service by the front desk folks.

My folks and my sister were staying in separate rooms. My dad wanted to pay for all of us, but I wasn't sure that I'd be able to go, so I went ahead and booked much later than them. Using my own credit card. The front desk wouldn't allow us to change cards. So I ended up paying -- which is really no problem, but when I asked if it was possible for my dad to pay later, they probably shouldn't have told me it was fine.

Secondly, my dad and his girlfriend both had massages. They both had horrible experiences. Both are massage afficianados -- and, in fact, my dad's girlfriend is a masseuse. So, she kind of knows what she's talking about. The spa folks were very kind and understanding -- and perhaps both masseurs had off nights -- and the spa folks were nice enough to refund the money paid for the massages.

The food -- remember, the wait staff are incredibly nice -- was atrocious. To the point that both my husband and I were pretty ill right now. We just got back. We did see a couple of Russian guys bring in a picnic that looked delicious. And if I were to ever stay there again, which I probably will based on the pools, I'd stick to food I brought in myself.

If I were to get nitpicky: It'd be nice to have more poolside service, since that's the main attraction, but I understand the hotel laid off a ton of its staff. It'd be nice to have chairs whose slats weren't broken. And it would be nice to have tables alongside the chairs, on which to play games or set drinks or eat poolside. And it would be nice to have the floor of the main pool be slightly less rough as my feet were pretty well torn to shreds by time I got out of the pool the first time.

Also, nitpicky, it'd be nice to have shampoo and conditioner available. Not a two-in-one Pantene sampler. But perhaps advertising some of the products sold in the spa.

Finally, I left something behind. Accidentally. I phoned them last night to let them know, and one of their staff seemed very helpful and wrote down all of my information. Now, apparently, they can't find that item. See, not having been terribly impressed with the front desk service I received whilst there, I wasn't too confident in them sending my property back to me. So, I phoned up today. And surely, they've lost it.

Oh well. I only paid $95 for my dad's horrible massage (he didn't complain, so we didn't get our money back, that's on him, not the hotel), and $200 for the item I left behind and they lost, and $4 on Pepto Bismal. So, I'm not hugely out of pocket. But if all of the nitpicky items weren't there, I wouldn't care as much.

I certainly hope they do something with the food sitch and the other stuff, because it could be a really nice place to stay.

Stayed November 2008
DevelopmentDirector, Development Director at Miracle Springs Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 23 December 2008
Thank you so much for your review. We actually welcome all reviews because we are passionate about our customer service and we do act on all customer comments which suggest that something can be improved. We also note that you plan on returning, and when you do, please ask to speak with someone in Customer Service. We wish you had contacted Customer Service when you were here as I assure you your concerns would have been remedied on the spot! We are a three star property, but we teach our employees to give four star service... when that does not happen, we are not very happy and we try to react quickly and to the Guest's total satisfaction. Please let us know when you plan on coming again... we'd love to show you what we can do!

Travellers are raving about these Desert Hot Springs hotels

Rhinebeck NY
Reviewed 21 October 2008

We (a Mom and Dad and 13 yr old son) stayed for one night in October and found it to be a great place to relax and “take the waters”. We arrived early at 1:00PM and it was no trouble to check in early. The staff was welcoming and friendly and happy to serve us.

We found our room was spacious and clean with a huge closet, full size ironing board, large separate bathroom, mini fridge and big seating area with work/dining table and small balcony overlooking the parking lot. This room is larger than the typical roadside hotel, the furnishings pleasant though of average quality.

We were in the area to visit Joshua Tree National Park and it was a bit of a drive to the park but we were glad we chose this hotel. The pools were beautiful. Seven different pools of varying depth, shapes, jets and temperature. They are set in a garden of palms and flowers with a view to the mountains in the distance. We spent a nice evening going from one pool to the other, as well as the sauna. We were the only bathers out there at around 10:30PM. There were a couple of people passing through then but there are so many pools to choose from that I am sure you would find a social one or a private one easily at night.

We ordered dinner from room service after an afternoon of scampering around on the rocks at Joshua Tree and enjoyed it fine. Hubby had a big hamburger and I had the pasta primavera. It came quickly, it was standard fare and we ate it all up.

My son and I couldn’t resist swimming and soaking again in the morning before check out. It was beautiful in the daylight too. The view went on forever, the wind rustling the palm fronds, the birds flitting about in the palms and garden plantings. There were more guests in the pools at that time but the grounds are well laid out to find your own space.

I gathered from previous posts security had been an issue with some previous guests. I took the standard precautions but didn’t have any personal reservations with the setting. It was set in what I thought of a residential neighborhood. I did not notice any unsavory characters or activity anywhere in the area or the town.

A couple of criticisms -- I had a bit of trouble with the door keys at first but then got the hang of them. The towels there were pretty scratchy for a spa resort. There were a few places on the concrete deck around the pools that needed repair. Some parts of the room and the hallways outside the room were showing wear but I thought it was reasonably well maintained.

All in all we enjoyed our short visit and wouldn’t hesitate to return. Next time I’ll bring my fluffy towel and bathrobe.

• Liked — Mineral Hot tubs and Mineral Pool with mountain view
  • Disliked — Scratchy towels.
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
lansing,il
Reviewed 20 July 2008

booked one night end of june.week night deal of 52.00.
came in late which was no problem as far as check in .
room was renovated and was very comfotable.pool and spa,s are open 24 hrs, which was excellent seeing we checked in late.pool was heated and wonderful.6 to 8 spa tubs, all set at different temps.
grounds were kept in excellent shape and very appealing.
faciltiy offers many services and has a restaurant on site.
all in all a wonderful place to stay a day or a week.
would highly recommend