“WHAT a JOKE!”

Miracle Springs Resort and Spa
Reviewed 24 April 2009

Ok first of all I should have read the warning here, but I didnt know about it. Stupid of me. No one at the front desk willing to help me and we were afraid to leave our things in the room. I did some research on the town I was staying in.... not only is the town crime ridden, but the police department too? Do a little research before staying in this town period!
I even asked a server at a restaurant in Palm Springs about Miracle Springs and they said that they wouldn't stay there because it was in Desperate Hot Springs. They told me it was a bad neighborhood and the place has a bad reputation. We returned and left the keys in the room, since it was the middle of the week I didn't care that we lost the money for our room that was charged in advance?????

EWWW. room was nasty, people were sketchy, town is low income & corrupt.

Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank myfamily3
Write a ReviewReviews (1,241)

Reviewed 18 April 2009

We paid $112 + tax for a king mini-suite with a mountain view. From our room facing west, we had a fabulous view of two snow-capped mountains, away from the pool noise. Pool-side is what it is; so is parking-lot view. (Also, the view is not so great from the larger "mountain view" rooms facing south.) The staff are wonderful. We requested a DVD, which was not included in our room amenities, but they found one for us; when it didn't work, they went out and bought one. Room service was quick; restaurant service was not so fast, but the food was very good. Any little problem, they're on it -- sauna cooled down, so they turned it up; neighbors were loud, so they turned them down. I will be back!!!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 April 2009

This was our sixth trip to Miracle Springs and we are going to look for a different place for the next trip. First of all the place is getting pricy for what it has to offer. The outside is very nice, the rooms are pretty cheap, they are always out of towels, and customer service has gotten worst and uncomfortably arrogant in time. The restaurant has ok food but you have to be very patient to be served. During breakfast two servants are serving ~10 tables and taking care of room service at the same time. And there are no restaurants arround the hotel unless you want to drive 20 minutes to get to the nearest town. We stayed 3 days this time, two of the three was very windy and cold. They made no effort to try to warm the pool and hot tubes during these colder and unpleasant days. The day of our check out (11AM) we asked if we could check out an hour late since the weather was finally getting seasonal so we could enjoy the waters for a little. They couldn't accomadate our request and in fact exactly at 11AM they send their people to come and watch us leave. We left politely but we wil not do this again.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank p22jozet
mandybremen, Public Relations Manager at Miracle Springs Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2009

Dear Guest:

Thank you for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor. We apologize for any discomfort. Thanks to your thoughtfulness in writing, so our future guests will not have a negative experience. We always train our staff to give four star service and are very unhappy when that does not happen. Thank you again as we value highly all Guest input.

Mandy Bremen
Public Relations Manager

Reviewed 1 April 2009

I have been going to this hotel for at least 7 years. Love the pools and spring water.The hotel is simply old and in need of an entire remodel-they attempted to put in better furniture and fittings in the room which now just looks like an Motel 6.
The pools are great but the grounds and pool furniture are in great need of overhaul.
Staff is getting better-have had some very uncomfortable times with front desk.Overworked and no one in authority to solve problems. Their prices are going up and do not at all reflect the quality of the hotel.
I am disappointed that the rates are going up with no real attention to upgrading all aspects of the hotel.I'd rather they keep the tacky surrounds and iffy service staff with decent rates than try to be something it is not.
Food is not worth eating -mediocre at best.Also is in an area is not safe to walk at night. Last time I was there, a kid ran up to the front of hotel and grabbed an elderly ladies purse-right before my eyes. talked to the cops and said it is very dicey at night.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 March 2009

Frankly, I'm fine with some of these negative reviews if it means that less people go to my favorite treasure spot in the Palm Springs area.

But seriously, some of these complaints are pretty petty. I only paid $120 for a large room with 2 beds. $120 a night is an absolute steal. This also means that I know what I'm paying for i.e. I'm not getting a 5-star resort, it's not the W or the Ritz Carlton. It's $120 a night. For what I got, it was an absolute bargain.

The outside of the hotel is very pleasing and there is plenty of parking (free, I might add). I saw a security guard or two while I was there so I never felt unsafe but the area around the hotel is not exactly savory. Keep in mind that it's the desert. Downtown Palm Springs is a short, fun 10 to 15 minute drive away so head over there for dinner, drinks and nightlife.

The pools are available 24 hours a day - that is really awesome and was the biggest selling point for me. There aren't 8 pools or whatever they advertise. It is mainly one big pool that is warmed to about 85 degrees, 3 hot tubs that are varying degrees of intensity (the hottest being about 104 degrees) and then 2 kiddie tubs. But these are plenty and enough choices for you. The pool area was never crowded. I never saw more than 5 people at a time so you'll have your choice of where you want to go.

THe hotel staff was very pleasant, polite and helpful when requested. I especially liked the people who worked in the gift shop. They were very lovely people.

There is a gift shop that sells items you might have forgotten to pack, in addition to beverages. Stop by there; they are really nice.

There is a restaurant that has cheap, good food and a bar, too (also cheap drinks).

The hotel room itself was perfectly fine. It fit myself and 3 friends comfortably. There is a TV, a microwave, coffee maker, small refrigerator, and a small patio. The bathroom is pretty cozy. All in all, it was a nice enough room for the value.

I would definitely go to this hotel again and if I go to Palm Springs, will make an effort to come back here rather than one of the many hotels in Palm Springs.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 March 2009

We go back to this place every winter for 2-3 days. The hot mineral pools are soooo relaxing. This year, our room had been updated. Freshly painted a desert-like caramel color, new sofa and wood cabinets. Nice paintings on the walls. Beds are o.k. Linens were upgraded. Very soft and comfy. We go for the hot pools--open 24/7. Check-in was much better than it used to be. Very clean throughout. We don't eat there--We bring breakfast food (rooms have fridge and new microwaves) and go out to dinner. We love Casablanca Mexican restaurant. Amazing shrimp ceviche tostadas--the best anywhere. we'll be back to Miracle springs next winter.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 March 2009

So I set out to find a place in the Palm Springs area that would have a 24 hour pool since we would be arriving late and after some googling turned up with this place. After viewing their lacking website and some mixed reviews on this site I must admit I was very skeptical, but decided to give them a try.

Neighborhood - This property is located in an area that is primarily residential, and I will say that there were a couple 'strange people' about. They went about their business and we went about ours. There isn't much in the way of stores or restaurants nearby, so plan on eating at the hotel's restaurants or bringing your own food unless you are fine with a 15-20 minute drive. The hotel provides microwaves and refrigerators, and room service is available until 11pm.

Parking lot and security - The parking lot is very well-lit and we felt safe. There is also a security person that patrols the entire property throughout the night.

Age/Cleanliness - There was noticable wear and tear in our bathroom consisting mostly of stained grout and caulking, but other than that it was fine. The rooms have all been remodeled since some of the earlier reviews on here were written, so the beds, carpeting and furniture were all in decent shape.

Pool area - The pool area was very nice with plenty of palm trees, deck chairs, and many different pools and hot tubs scattered throughout. There weren't too many people out at night so we had lots of places to choose from and could be by ourselves for the most part. The towels they provide are small and low quality, so bring a couple of nice beach towels with you.

Food and drink - We enjoyed their Sunday brunch buffet for $12.99pp. Food wasn't fancy but was plentiful. There was a bar located inside next to the restaurant. A couple of times we got drinks and brought them outside and during the day there was a drink server at the pool, infrequently though. Drinks were pretty cheap at around $4 each.

So, overall we had a really enjoyable time. The price was right, and if you enjoy swimming, hot tubbing and being in the sun you won't be disappointed. We will be back again very soon.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple