“wrong charge-check your credit card bill”

Miracle Springs Resort and Spa
Reviewed 30 November 2009

I just happened to check my credit card bill and there was a charge for extra $100.00. The actual hotel charge was $112.00 and there was another charge of $100.00, if there was a double entry pf $112.00 I could say that I was charged accidently twice but $100 that was bizzare.I called the hotel and they had to refund the amount but they could not explain why or how it was done(shady). also the lady said it takes about 10-14 days for refund, so because of their mistake I have to pay interest on it and then they will refund it:(

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank travelpants2000
Write a ReviewReviews (1,269)

Reviewed 22 November 2009

My husband is staying at this hotel while he is building a homeless shelter nearby. I drove in late from Orange co. so we only saw the grounds at night because I had a fabulous day shopping at the outlet mall with my sister-in-law. We went to dinner @ Papa Dans and then drove back to our room and dropped my husband off. We girls then swam and soaked in 6+ hot pools. The next day we woke up and soaked for several hours and then went to an old Mexican resturant for lunch. We staggered back to the hotel and soaked in the hot tubs and enjoyed the mountain views. Then it was off to the Brighton Outlet store and home. I loved my stay at this hotel. It was very quite so bring something to read. My husband's room was clean and spacious with a sofa and a table. The staff was very nice and we had a great time. I loved the way my skin and hair felt after being in the hot springs. I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 October 2009

Dirty rooms after the maid had cleaned them there was trash everywhere. The mattresses were lumpy and I woke up with bedbug bites all over me. When i complained to the house keeping manager this big woman told me that I was wrong and that i must have had the bites before i arrived. WRONG. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone traveling.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with friends
3  Thank 1totravel2
Reviewed 15 September 2009

We travel alot and stay in many hotels world wide. We liked the idea of staying in a mineral hot springs resort for the healing properties of the water...which ok we'll give them credit for that- the water is amazing- that's it. The rooms are just ok- the service not so ok. here's what happened- we were laying by the pool and the desert winds kicked up and took our room cards (keys) with it...we couldn't find them-when we went went to check out they tried to charge us $50 to "RE-KEY" the room??? (time to get a new key system) Then we ordered food from the restaraunt our orders were all wrong. we expressed our dissapointment to the front desk and they just said "we're sorry there's nothing we can do" that's something a hotel should never say to guests. we will not return and suggest all of you select another property.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank mikeyndiana
Reviewed 19 July 2009

Can't recall the exact month we were there last (April, '09 or so), but I had accidentally booked a mini-suite, when I meant to book the full suite (which has 1 full bedroom) since we have 3 children ages 9 and younger. We realized our error when we went to our room, so I called to the front desk and the man at the front desk was very accommodating. He even offered to give us the full suite at the mini-suite rate, which we gladly accepted. Yes, the restaurant is slow, but it helps if you get there early, which means around 4:30 for dinner. And the food is good with very reasonable prices, and the waiters/waitresses are always very nice.
We really appreciate the family (not "party") atmosphere. It is always nice to see so many husband and wife families, especially after visiting the local street fair in Palm Springs, which is not so family-friendly.
We also looove the view of Mt. San Jacinto from the pools! Absolutely beautiful!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 May 2009

hotel location near mountains in Desert Hot Springs. Hotel itself is clean, rooms were spacious, staff very pleasant and courteous. Pool spa areas well kept and landscaped. We went on a holiday weekend so place was full...but we had no issues with kids or noise around pool spa areas. Hotel corridors were quiet. We did not try eating in hotel so cannot comment on food. Locally i'd suggest travelling to Rancho Mirage / Palm Springs area for restuarants of all types. Thats about 15-20 drive. We had a very pleasant weekend

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 May 2009

We arrived here New Years day. Not the best place I have stayed and not the worst. The best thing about this place is the pool and hot tubs. They are open 24 hours a day. This hotel is very run down . It is very moldy as well.
Beware allergy sufferers.