This is a reasonably-priced hotel in need up updating. Reception is crisp and friendly. At the end of the parking lot the exit gate is secured, leaving one with the impression that crime can be a problem in the area (many of the businesses had metal grates protecting the storefronts, further emphasizing the impression. The remote hall entry from the parking lot is fitted with a card reader for security, but the doors were of such condition that they couldn't be secured. The elevator smelled of marijuana.
In the wee hours young guests would noisily be in the halls after visiting the on-premise hot spring pools. To be fair, those springs are a drawing card for the hotel and one should expect foot traffic at all times of the day. I didn't visit them, but they appeared to be nicely maintained.
In the room the bed was comfortable; the TV was of the older, heavy variety but served its purpose. The bathroom needs to be updated. It was filled with ants. Although this wouldn't be considered a prime business hotel I have a pet peeve: the iron/ironing board combination was of the type where the iron is wired to the iron rest and the iron rest was attached to the wide end of the ironing board (the end used to iron shirts); the result was a jumble of cords and equipment, making the ironing iteration inconvenient. Why would the hotel go to such effort to protect items with a value under $10 in such a fashion? To its credit, the staff sent the char force around and two of the maids graciously offered to iron my clothes for me.
With discounted nightly rates of approximately $95 the price is in line with other properties in the area. However, for similar pricing one can can stay in clean, modern hotels such as the Courtyard by Marriott in the city of Palm Springs.
For the budget traveller, or one who needs to be in Desert Hot Springs, I give a qualified recommendation to this property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Miracle Springs Resort & Spa presents an array of elegant spa therapies and beauty treatments in a relaxing hot springs resort environment with spectacular mountain views and miraculous healing waters. 110 large rooms and suites surround a lushly landscaped acre of 8 natural hot mineral water pools and Jacuzzis open 24 hours. Poolside and mini-suite rooms have private patios with easy access to the pools. Balconied rooms overlook the pool courtyard and mountain view rooms enjoy a spectacular view of the San Jacintos. 4 Vacation Villas are fully furnished 3-bedroom homes adjacent to the resort with easy access to all hotel services. Enjoy fine indoor & outdoor dining at The Capri Restaurant & Bar. Miracle Springs Resort & Spa is the perfect weekend escape from LA or a gorgeous venue for your wedding, corporate event or banquet, or group retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Miracle Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Miracle Springs Hotel Desert Hot Springs
- Miracle Springs Desert Hot