“Friendly Staff - Decent Value - Dated facility” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Miracle Springs Resort and Spa

Miracle Springs Resort and Spa
Richland WA
“Friendly Staff - Decent Value - Dated facility”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2011

This is a reasonably-priced hotel in need up updating. Reception is crisp and friendly. At the end of the parking lot the exit gate is secured, leaving one with the impression that crime can be a problem in the area (many of the businesses had metal grates protecting the storefronts, further emphasizing the impression. The remote hall entry from the parking lot is fitted with a card reader for security, but the doors were of such condition that they couldn't be secured. The elevator smelled of marijuana.

In the wee hours young guests would noisily be in the halls after visiting the on-premise hot spring pools. To be fair, those springs are a drawing card for the hotel and one should expect foot traffic at all times of the day. I didn't visit them, but they appeared to be nicely maintained.

In the room the bed was comfortable; the TV was of the older, heavy variety but served its purpose. The bathroom needs to be updated. It was filled with ants. Although this wouldn't be considered a prime business hotel I have a pet peeve: the iron/ironing board combination was of the type where the iron is wired to the iron rest and the iron rest was attached to the wide end of the ironing board (the end used to iron shirts); the result was a jumble of cords and equipment, making the ironing iteration inconvenient. Why would the hotel go to such effort to protect items with a value under $10 in such a fashion? To its credit, the staff sent the char force around and two of the maids graciously offered to iron my clothes for me.

With discounted nightly rates of approximately $95 the price is in line with other properties in the area. However, for similar pricing one can can stay in clean, modern hotels such as the Courtyard by Marriott in the city of Palm Springs.

For the budget traveller, or one who needs to be in Desert Hot Springs, I give a qualified recommendation to this property.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Miraclespringsmedia, Public Relations Manager at Miracle Springs Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 1 February 2011
Dear Guest,

We are pleased that you took the time to review our property and greatly appreciate your valuable input. I have sent a few of your comments to our Director of Operations so please be assured that our goal is to achieve your 100% Guest Satisfaction. We hope to see you again in the near future. Please email me, and I will be happy to provide you with a preferred guest "day swim pass" for use at our lovely sister resort. At this adjoining property, we also offer yoga, a newly upgraded lounge, full spa (with male spa treatments), and live entertainment!

Mandy Bremen
miraclespringsmedia@gmail.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (337)
  • Korean first
Richardson, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2011

I think I have learned my lesson. Spa resorts DO NOT provide a good massage experience. Massage therapists and spa techs can't build a clientele in these places and their work reflects the fact that they know they'll never see you again. The spa was dirty (mold in the shower), the treatment rooms depressing and the waiting area shabby.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MissX2
krystalb, Public Relations Manager at Miracle Springs Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 20 January 2011
We appreciate this guest’s comments and we have investigated the area for which she expressed some discomfort. We could not locate the shower in which she saw some mold, but we did accomplish an extra deep cleaning in addition to our usual careful program of spa cleanliness. We test regularly for fungi in all spa areas with only negative results (no fungi). We are sorry that she found the treatment rooms depressing as that is certainly not our standard or our objective.

We are a three diamond hotel, but we train our employees to give four diamond service. That this guest found it to be otherwise is upsetting to us. In view of her comments, we are counseling our therapists to be certain that they fully understand the importance of a careful, warm and professional relationship with guests. Our feedback from guests usually indicates that our therapists do achieve that standard of therapy relationships. We apologize to this guest for her discomfort as that is, clearly, not our standard... and we appreciate her time and effort in sharing her experience.

Travellers are raving about these Desert Hot Springs hotels

Newport Beach, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2010

The receptionist mixed up my reservation with someone else with the same last name. She had already checked in someone else as me and didn't bother to fix it. She had me checked in as the other person despite the fact I repeatedly told her I didn't use Expedia for reservation, but I went through their reservation manager Josephina Kim. She also told me that only rooms with the king bed are available when I asked her to switch one of them to a room with two queens. But she actually gave two rooms with two queesn. She is totally incompetent and should be fired. When we talked to Josephina, Josephina noticed something was wrong. Then, we talked to another person at the reception, who corrected the mistake. When I complained to him, he told me he had known about the problem the night before. But he didn't bother to tell me nor fixed the problem.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank danlee100
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2010

First of all the staff is really helpful and friendly. They greet you with smiles and offer you assistance with your luggage. We throughly enjoyed the spa ammenities and I would definately recommend this hotel to a friend. We were close to Palm Springs to go shopping, which was so convient

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2010

Nice big clean room and bathroom, nicely layed out. 8 pools with different water temperature, all clean and perfectly maintained and landscaped. Excellent service, professional and friendly staff. Restraunt - so-so. The only thing to watch for: sometimes people become a bit noisy around pools, particular over weekends. Great value, will come again.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2010

Miracle Spa is perfect for those on a low budget and don't expect 5 star amenities. The resort is old and needs a face lift, but clean in most areas. There is only one restaurant, and the food prices were a bargain. My room needed updating, especially in the bathroom. The beds and linens were so-so. I had a nice attached patio directly in front of the pools, which was convenient, but noisy. The spa services were so-so, but well worth the low cost for the treatments. I had a 50 minute message and 50 minute facial for a total cost of $115 plus tip. Palm Springs is only 10 minutes away by car so eating and other entertainment is close by.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2010

I treated my mom to a weekend out of town and some spa treatments at Miracle Springs. Everything was just ok. The hotel is old but it is clean. The rooms are spacious and the bed comfortable. We ordered room service for breakfast and it arrived quickly and it was tasty. The hot springs are more like oversized hot tubs (in my opinion) but there are a number of them to choose from at various temps and they are open 24 hours. At the spa I had three services and my mom had five. Nothing was spectacular. I've had a better facial, a better massage and body treatments elsewhere. My Mom also had the same opinion about her services. Everyone was nice and helpful. With all that said, I can't say that I would go back.

• Stayed November 2010