Holiday Inn Select Diamond Bar
Ayres Suites Diamond Bar(Diamond Bar)(Great Value!)
US$110
BestWestern.com
US$89
QualityInn
US$137
US$121
Doubletree.com
US$104
Best Western Plus Executive Inn(Rowland Heights)(Great Value!)
US$128
  • Pool
US$142
US$108
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfreeway sideparking lot sidefront deskthe newly renovated roomsbed frameundergoing renovationsjunior suitethe check in processthe rooms were nicewould stay here againpool and hot tublos angelessoundproofingupgradesdrainlinenscloset
Reviewed 15 April 2014

This hotel gives an excellent first impression. The exterior looks like the newly reinvented Holiday Inn hotels and the lobby would also lead one to believe that you are going to experience the new Holiday Inn. But once you get into the rooms, it feels like Holiday Inn circa 1995. The furniture is scratched, bumped and tired. The bathroom is in the old style. If there was a Holiday Inn Express nearby, this hotel would not be able to compete. The hotel is not only in plain view of a couple LA Freeways, you can hear the symphony of the semis all night long. On the plus side, I thought that the staff were very friendly and worked hard to help our guest experience. The beds were reasonably comfortable and the price was reasonable for the eastern I-10 corridor.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Select Diamond Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear nrstycz,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are glad you liked the friendliness of our staff. We would like to apologize for the issues you had with your room accommodations and any shortfalls you have experienced that did not live up to your expectations. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and guest services are superior and strive to be the best hotel around. For that reason, the comments are troubling and will certainly be looked into. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Every single employee I came in contact with from front desk to housekeeping to the restaurant was courteous and professional. Smiles abounded and I was routinely asked if I was happy with everything.

The building is old and needs updating - especially the bathrooms. My tub apparently had a leak around the drain that was only apparent after taking a long bath and draining the tub. Rather than fix it and/or move me, the response was to unscrew the plug to keep me from taking another bath. There is also obvious staining from previous water stains.

The employees are great. I would prefer to have a bathroom in which I can enjoy a bath without having the staff knock on my door and inform me that my tub leaked into the hallway.

Room Tip: Ask for the quiet side facing the hill on the opposite side of the hotel from the highway. Also, ask for the coupons for free breakfast.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Art B, Manager at Holiday Inn Select Diamond Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear Amy C,

Thanks for your feedback. Were glad to announce that we will be remodeling our hotel soon.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

The location, amenities, and general facilities were great, but the customer service was rather dry and did not leave me feeling like a valued frequent traveler. I did not get my usual upgrade, and my request for a late check-out needed to be negotiated in order to get a half-night rate for the late check-out.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Dear Darin S,

Thanks for your feedback.

Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

This hotel was great. Nothing to complain about. Everything was comfortable and the room was clean. It was not noisy at all due to being next to a freeway surprisingly. The restaurant on the main floor was amazing! Food was expensive but they give you a large portion. Delicious pastas.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Ruth S,

Thanks for your feedback. Please call me directly next time and I will block a room away from the freeway noise.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

The good news and the bad news is it is freeway-close. If you think the noise will bother you, ask for a room on the parking lot side vs the freeway side. The rooms were kept reasonably clean and there was always a new bottle of water on top of the fridge. The beds are very firm so if you have problems with firm mattresses, an egg crate can help. This is one of the very few hotels that have smoking rooms so if that bothers you, ask for any floor other than the 3rd floor. One minor issue we had was the noisy A/C unit. But it worked very well. After the first night, I was able to get used to it's noisy cycles.

Tip: If you want breakfast, you can skip the restaurant in the lobby and go west on Golden Springs a few short blocks to the Coco's Restaurant & Bakery on your right. They have a nice breakfast menu including gluten-free pancakes if you must avoid gluten but envy what everyone else is having. They aren't the greatest GF pancakes I've had but with some added sweetness (powdered sugar or syrup), they'll do.

Room Tip: Rooms on the parking lot side are quieter. Smoking rooms are on the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Ruth S,

Thanks for your feedback. Please call me directly next time and I will make sure to reserve a room on the quiet side of the hotel.

Art Bedroussian