“Very Unprofessional General Manager” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Dinuba West

Holiday Inn Express Dinuba West
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Dinuba
alaska
“Very Unprofessional General Manager”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2009

I booked a room here for the 9th through the 14th of Feb 2009 at the 1800holiday number almost a month prior to the stay. I recieved a confirmation number via email and gave them my credit card information for a late arrival. I recieved a call from the Front Desk 3 days prior to departing my home stating that they were overbooked and could not honor my reservation. I informed them that I was coming from another state and really needed the room. I asked to speak with the General Manager and was told he was busy. I then called the IHG customer service number and complained about this treatment, which they stated that the hotel must honor the reservation. I soon learned that the hotel without ever speaking to me cancelled the reservation 2 weeks prior to calling me. I would soon discover that they increased there room rates becuase of the Ag show going on in the area. I called the hotel the night of the 9th and 10th and the front desk stated that they still had rooms available for 4 times the rate that they would not honor for my stay. I am shocked by the non caring attitude of this General Manger . It appears to me that greed is more important then the customer. I will be getting rid of my Priority Club card and filing a formal complaint with IHG.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — non caring attitude
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Location
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Check-in / front desk
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank mrdAlaska
carolyn123, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dinuba West, responded to this review, 24 February 2009
Hello Sir,

My name is Carolyn Almeida, i am the General Manager for the Holiday Inn Express in Dinuba, i am a little confused on this entire issue for one i have not ever spoken with you or even heard of this problem til now.and i am a she not a he. As a GM i take my job very serious and i take my priority club members even more serious than my own job. I worked on the farm show bookings 4 months prior to opening the hotel i know that we did have rooms available so i am not really understanding why anyone would call you to tell you that we were sold out and we could not honor your reservation this is not even our best practice. Also you are #1 to us as a priorty club member. I would like to ask you to please give me a call so that we can discuss this issue and get it resolved between the two of us. Some things are very harmful to a companys integrity and in my opinion this is one of those things.

Please give me a call 559-595-1500 or e-mail me at cargmholidayinn@aol.com

Sincerly
Carolyn Almeida

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Korean first
Tulare
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2009

Well as soon as i walked in the door I was greated by the front desk person very politely. made me feel very welcome. check in was a snap! and got to my room and wasnt expecting nothing that great but to my surprise the room was actually quite nice. nice plasma t.v., lounge chair with a ottoman, king size bed, desk with DESK chair. plenty of outlets to plug my laptop in. and an alarm clock i could plug my ipod into! they even had some nice computers in their business center. room was clean which is a major thing for me! breakfast was awesome! biscuits and gravy with a cinnamon roll that went against my diet but i had to have it! wanted another! woke up with my receipt under my door so i didnt have to deal with checkout! just walked right out after breakfast. all in all i recommend this place and will be staying here in the future for sure!

• Liked — The Breakfast and express checkout
  • Disliked — i had to go back home
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dinuba
Fairfield Inn & Suites Selma Kingsburg
BEST WESTERN Town & Country Lodge
Lamp Liter Inn
Lamp Liter Inn
#4 of 14 in Visalia

Been to Holiday Inn Express Dinuba West? Share your experiences!