“First Class Motel”

Best Western Plus Dixon Davis
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Dixon
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Beautifully maintained inside and out. Great attention to detail. Convenient location but still quiet and comfortable. Good breakfast. Spacious room. Friendly, knowledgeable staff. Large parking lot. Buildings with both interior and exterior corridors.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank David W
Roberto M, General Manager at Best Western Plus Dixon Davis, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear David W,

Thank you for staying with us and for the amazing 5 Star review. I appreciate your kind words and I'm very glad that you're pleased with the Hotel, our fabulous staff and the amazing location. We look forward to your return during your next trip to our area; hope to see you again soon!

Regards,

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Dixon Davis

Reviewed 27 July 2014

I booked this hotel since we needed to be close to UC Davis, which was ~ 8-10 minute drive away.

It had all the amenities that we wanted (refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, exercise room, breakfast, king sized bed, wifi). Even still, the coffee maker was a single brew, the kind where they already have the grounds/filter premade, so you can really use your own. The exercise room was limited (1 bike, treadmill, and elliptical and universal weight machine). The breakfast was decent - waffle maker, oatmeal, yogurt - if it doesn't run out, scrambled eggs, sausage patties, pastries, bagels and bread. The coffee was decent and available in the lobby beyond breakfast, as well as cold water (with fruit and cucumber slices). The Wifi was decent, but you had to log back in at times and sometimes it was slow (possibly from amount of usage by other guests). We didn't use the pool, hot tub or steam room, but the poolside area was nice and a lot of families used it while we were there.

The room was comfortable, although the carpet looked a little dated. The king sized bed was on the firm side. They had cotton and feather pillows, but were really flat and soft, without much support, so we had to ask for at least 3-4 extra. The sitting area had a couch with coffee table, as well as a desk and pretty comfortable chair. The TV was decent with a fair amount of channels. The bathroom area was nice, with the sinks separated from the toilette and shower. Unfortunately the shower pressure was pretty low, but at least it got hot enough. The AC worked well and got the room cool, especially when it was 90-100 degrees out.

The staff was nice, letting us check in a little early and check out a little later. They brought up pillows soon after we asked and cleaned the rooms when we left in the later afternoons.

The location is convenient to get onto the I-80 and is in walking distance to Safeway and some shopping centers.

Pros: amenities (microwave, fridge, exercise room), breakfast
Cons: soft pillows, poor shower pressure

Reviewed 22 July 2014

This hotel is a Home-run. If you are in the area, stay here. Katrina, Kayla and Cassidy are all excellent at what they do! A very well run hotel! WE enjoyed using the pool, which was very clean. But so was the whole hotel, including the grounds.

Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Well I don't normally stay at hotels for more then 1 or 2 nights but this was last minute. First 2 nights every firefighter in state was there but they were doing a job and not loud. Pool was very cloudy but I wouldn't get in regardless. We had a dog barking and wedding party across hall over weekend but we were so tired we crashed...Some people this may bother. The number one thing for me is that the room is clean and ours was so we would stay again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Travelled 6 weeks through the states and the staff here were the best we encountered. Patient and helpful. Thank you Karina you're the best. Would recommend this hotel any time. Nice and clean and grounds were lovely. Just across the road to store and places to eat.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Glenys503
Reviewed 14 July 2014

This was my first time staying at a BWP and the remodeling looks very nice but it fell short in a few areas for me. The front desk staff was very friendly at check-in. I like the decor of the rooms and the atrium area. The pool was great and breakfast also a plus. However, the housekeeping in room 119 sucked because when i got to my room, the toilet was stained with dirt or something brown and it smelled horrible. I went to the front desk to complain and was given disinfectant wipes to clean my own toilet when i should have been given a different room. A few of my towels were also stained and should have been retired a long time ago. They looked dirty and had a few small holes/snags. It made me wonder if everything else in the room was cleaned properly like the bath tub or sink counter. Were the sheets even changed from the last person who checked out I wondered. There is a also a small hole in the wall on the side of the bed near the floor which needs to be patched up. Made me wonder if a roach or a small mouse would crawl out of there or not. They must have overlooked that during the remodel. I took pictures of the toilet and upon check-out, I text them to one of the staff members at the front desk upon her request. I did like the Jacuzzi tub but did not use it. Decor is nice and all but what i am most concerned with when i stay at a hotel/motel is the cleanliness of the place. It is most important on my list and this place fell short of that for me. I got better housekeeping at the Super 8 one exit away.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ebony S
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We've stayed at this hotel before and it has remained very good, clean and comfortable. We visit my sister in Davis, but the hotels in Davis, including the 2 Best Westerns are much more expensive and not better. We were able to get an internet rate (non-refundable), which was excellent. The staff could not be nicer, more helpful, professional, happy and pleasant. They make you feel very welcome.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dixon
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dixon, CA - UC Davis Area
#1 of 11 in Davis
Hallmark Inn at UC Davis
La Quinta Inn & Suites Davis
Quality Inn & Suites Vacaville

Been to Best Western Plus Dixon Davis? Share your experiences!