“Simply the BEST!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 10 July 2014

If you find yourself in Downey and you love taco shops, you can't do better than El Taco. This gem has been in there since the early 70's (since I was a kid) and has hit legendary status for those of us who have moved away from the area and still continue to return on visits with the mandatory El Taco visit in mind.

1  Thank Mike M
There are newer reviews for El Taco

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This place may look small but it serves some great Mexican food. Service is fast and prices are competitive. I recommend the burritos, but its all good. This is a locals favorite so skip the Bell and come here.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Wow great burritos...been going here since high school...still has the best green sauce!!! Usually order the bean and cheese burrito with extra cheese. Their quesadilla are the best...green quesadilla with extra sauce is the best!!! I've also enjoyed their tostadas. Great fast food :)

Reviewed 2 July 2013

I have recently adopted a high protein extremely low carb diet, and el taco is a great fast meal that really satisfies. I order the large Taco salad w/o chips or dressing then I add some form of meat. It is filling, and quite tasty. When I ate here before my diet I would get their breakfast burritos (served all day or night). For right around 3 bucks, you get a large breakfast burrito that tastes great. Definitely my favorite drive thru in Downey.

2  Thank Dereck C
Reviewed 11 December 2012

Getting a mild Quesadilla at El Taco is like hitting the jackpot! We have been eating these for over 30 years. Currently living in Illinois, it is the first stop when we head home to CA! Very basic, but memorable!
Go to the one on Firestone...it is even better!

1  Thank SicilianAuntie

Been to El Taco? Share your experiences!