“Barely met my needs”

Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Downey
Pratt, Kansas
“Barely met my needs”
Reviewed 22 January 2014

They are in the process of remodeling the hotel, but it still needs some updating. The windows are horrible, and they keep out hardly any noise. I am a heavy sleeper, and I can sleep through a lot, but I woke up numerous times each night due to noises. Sometimes because of vehicles and sometimes because of guests that were watching tv and being loud until well after midnight. There was some sort of trimming going on over a block away that sounded like it was right next to the hotel.

The place was fairly clean, but there was nothing great about it, it was just a basic hotel. I won't stay there again because I would rather spend more money in a nicer area for a nicer hotel.

The place was clean enough, but I probably won't stay there again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
CID_Manager, Manager at Quality Inn Near Downey Studios, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Dear WindTraveler101,

I am sorry you had such a difficult time getting some quality sleep at our hotel due to a noisy room, but do appreciate your comments. As you pointed out, we are currently updating our guestrooms and are looking at different options to address noise concerns.

Thanks again for your feedback and I do hope to have another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Respectfully yours,
Jon Montoya

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 26 December 2013

I would not recommend this hotel to anybody! The room they gave us at first, the light switch did not work plus it smelled like they been doing drugs in that room. Also there was a lot of crazy people in this hotel and it is not a good area.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
CID_Manager, Manager at Quality Inn Near Downey Studios, responded to this review, 27 December 2013
Dear,

Jon Montoya
Asst. General Manager
Comfort Inn - Downey

Travellers are raving about these Downey hotels

Sandy, Utah
Reviewed 21 October 2013

The tub was patched poorly. The shower curtain rod was about ready to fall down. The carpet was stained, faded, and needed to be stretched. The corners by the sink and the baseboard were really dirty. Other than the cheap desk chair, there was no other place to sit. There was a desk, but no light nearby. The sink faucet leaked badly at the base. The sink was cracked by the drain. This really got to me. There was a sign in the breakfast area asking that no food be brought to the rooms, yet there were only 2 tables. Unlike most Comfort Inns, the rooms have exterior entrances. Some of the rooms were being remodeled, but I would not stay there again, since they let my room get into such disrepair.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
CID_Manager, General Manager at Quality Inn Near Downey Studios, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I am sorry you ran into so many problems during your stay, but appreciate your bringing them to my attention. After speaking to my staff I do believe I know which room it is you occupied and I will be inspecting the room in question, paying particular attention to the items you mentioned.
As you also mentioned noticing, we have begun renovating our property inside and out, which includes having a new and larger breakfast area and entirely updated guestrooms with everything from vanity and carpets being replaced to brand-new furnishings in each and every room (and more) by the time our renovation is complete.
Thank you for staying with us and I hope we will have another opportunity to serve you, therefore I would like to invite you back to our property as a special guest and If you will contact me directly we can discuss this further.

Idaho
Reviewed 30 September 2013

The price was right at this place. The front desk staff, Hilda, was exceptional. I saw her helping out in so many ways with different guests at different times of the day.
The room we stayed in needed updating. The bath faucet was loose. The exhaust fan was loud. The edges of the carpet was dusty. The bathroom caulking could be changed and re-caulked.
Breakfast was normal and adequate but the opening time could be earlier though instead of 7am.
Offerings included waffles, eggs, sausage, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, good coffee with flavored creamer, apples, oranges, juices, bagels, danish, mini muffins, doughnuts, biscuit and gravy, toasts, oatmeal, cold cereal, cream cheese spread, fruit jellies, ketchup....etc.
The lobby had USA Today, with a flat screen TV, an air conditioner and fan, with a stand up water cooler.
Parking spaces are tight and cramped but manageable.
With all that said, given the same price point, I would stay in this property again on my next trip to Downey. It is closed to everything. And it seems to be in a safe neighborhood.
It is just a small 40 room property. No fitness room nor affiliation with any local fitness centers. The rooms facing the main street are noisy.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
CID_Manager, Manager at Quality Inn Near Downey Studios, responded to this review, 4 October 2013
Dear Kenyamite,

Thank you for taking the time to share your observations with us.

Your kind words regarding our staff are greatly appreciated.

At Comfort Inn we strive to provide all of our guests with clean, comfortable rooms and exceptional customer service, which is why I am sorry to find out there were a few issues with your room. I have brought each of the issues you mentioned to the attention of our maintenance and housekeeping staff. There is no excuse for anything less than a great room and am happy to say the issues you mentioned have been addressed and are not typical of the rest of our rooms here at Comfort Inn. I am also pleased to share that as a result of feedback like yours, we have begun updating our guestrooms and expect to have entirely refreshed and newly furnished rooms in the very near future.

Again, I am sorry for the issues you experienced and I certainly hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Respectfully,
San Diego, California
Reviewed 25 May 2013

Disappointed. Not so great compared to other Comfort Inns I've stayed in. Busy street but fairly quiet in the back, outside really quite run down. Peeling paint, dirty outside, but rooms were clean enough.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
CID_Manager, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Near Downey Studios, responded to this review, 31 May 2013
Dear Starr B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our property. I am sorry to hear you were less than satisfied with your stay and do apologize for not meeting your expectations this time around. To be completely honest, we have had a rough couple of years but are now bouncing back from what seemed to be a very prolonged low season and are currently working on improving our facilities inside and out. We are hoping to have a transformed property in the very near future. Thank you for staying with us and I hope to have another opportunity to serve you.

Respectfully,
USA
Reviewed 10 February 2013

It depends upon which room you are given. Some rooms in the same cateogry are twice as large as others. We had two rooms in our reservation, both had two queen beds. One room was twice the size of the other and was also much cleaner and better maintained. Our room had a water leak in the ceiling and the carpet looked as if it had been wet.

For the price this is a good place to stay, but you can only expect what you are paying for.
Be aware that there is the potential for some undesirable people around the property. One night we had a drunken woman screaming the the parking lot that she was going to kill herself. Two mornings later we saw what appeared to be a prostitute waiting for visitors in her room with the door proped open half way.

For us we didn't feel in danger - we were looking for a low cost alternative. But some people may not be comfortable with this.

The breakfast is acceptable.

Forget the pool - it's the size of a hot tub in the corner of parking lot. very strange.

the property is in a convenient location for highways access, etc.

Room Tip: rooms by the street can be noisy....
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Kelowna
Reviewed 29 January 2013

This comfort inn is very conveniently close to the 615 and very centrally located in Downey. It is close to very good shopping(the mall is practically across the street). We picked it, as we attended a Tango event, and it was in walking distance.
We were promptly checked in, and the good sized bedroom had a very comfortable King size bed with enough comfy pillows to cozy up. It is certainly a bonus, that the unit comes with a fridge and a microwave!(We like that, as we enjoy fixing our own food.) The location right on Firestone Blvd. is not quiet, and as the hotel is build in a horseshoe shape, all rooms are more or less exposed to the same noise level from the street. The room was clean,bathroom tissue was missing, but it was promptly brought when we asked for it. The only technical flaw was an extremely slow draining bathroom sink, It has to be mentioned that the area appears safe even in the late hours. We walked home after midnight. For convenience this place is very good, the staff is very friendly, and a breakfast is included.

Room Tip: You will have to put up with a certain noise level from the busy road,but it does quiet down in the...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Downey
Days Inn Downey
Days Inn Downey
#2 of 8 in Downey
Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles-Downey
Studio Inn And Suites
Best Western Norwalk Inn
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Commerce
Quality Inn & Suites Montebello

Been to Quality Inn Near Downey Studios? Share your experiences!