Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles-Downey
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Downey
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I have never visited an Embassy Suites that I wasn't satisfied with. This ESH in Downey, CA was horrible! There were parties going on everywhere. It was very noisy, there was bumping noise all night in the ceiling of our room and not to mention I left my 7 year old daughte sneakers in the room and when I called back the next day to get them. I was told that they didn't find any shoes in the room. We were on vacation and had traveled from South Carolina to California. We knew her shoes were there because we couldn't find them in our bags when we check out to go to another Embassy Hotel in another part of the city. My family and I will never stay there again!

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
EmbassyDowney, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles-Downey, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Bernis,

I’m sorry we were not able to provide you with a satisfactory experience during your recent vacation with us. Your satisfaction and comfort is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback about the noisy guests you encountered. I have shared your review with our security team to ensure that this is not a problem in the future and I apologize that you had to experience this. Please feel free to reach out to me if you’d like to discuss your stay further as we hope you will consider staying with us the next time you are in California.

Kind Regards,
562-861-1900 ext 1403

There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles-Downey

Reviewed 16 April 2014

I booked this hotel for me and my three teenaged children for 5 nights. Out of the 5 nights, we moved our room 3 times. The first night, we slept in what was deemed as a king bed with a pullout sleeper sofa. The king bed actually looked like a queen bed. We were allowed to move from the 7th floor to the 4th floor in what was to be 2 queen sleeper beds. Instead, they appeared to be full size beds. There was a retirement party that we heard and felt in our 4th floor room the 2nd night. When I called the front desk, I was basically told that I had to live with it. After complaining to the customer service #, I got a call stating that there would be another function, my previous night would be free, and we could move for the 3rd time. We came in to m our room and discovered that there was a full blown party in the bar area that resonated throughout the hotel. Other guests were standing outside their rooms looking to see what the commotion was. Our room was directly above the bar on the 7th floor. To top that, the tv in the outer room would not work; maintenance insisted there was no fixing it and there was no replacement. The next morning, we called the front desk about the tv once more and maintenance came up, drilled to replace wires, and ultimately replaced the tv, which still wasn't working adequately. We were told to order to movies on the house and then had to request the movie prices be removed as they were promised. All of these time consuming things interfered with rest and relaxation of me and my family. I always thought highly of this particular chain; now I'm not so sure.

3  Thank Tia G

Tia,

I’m sorry we were not able to provide your family with a satisfactory experience during your recent stay. Your comfort is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback about the noisy guests. I have shared your review with our security team to ensure that this problem is handled better in the future. I apologize that you were moved around so much while you were here as we were trying our best to make your experience here enjoyable. We hope you will consider staying with us the next time you are in the area.

Kind Regards,
562-861-1900 ext 1403

Reviewed 11 April 2014

I love this hotel and have stayed here many times over the past 4 years. Great staff, and service! This hotel is very centrally located, and you can easily get to most greater LA locations in 45 minutes or less.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I was pleased with the customer service and the rapid response they gave when I requested a crib be delivered to my room. The one thing that I had an issue with, was I requested a non-smoking room but it's evident that the previous guest was smoking. I had to leave the windows open and sleeping while a cold breeze came through, since I couldn't turn up the heat in the temperature regulated room.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

This is my employer's preferred hotel for trips to visit Southern California. It's a typical Embassy Suites. The rooms are clean, and if you avoid a room near the elevators it's quiet. They have a happy hour every day with free beverages of one's choice and that is always welcome. There is a breakfast buffet in the morning that ios good too. There is a Mimi's Cafe next to the hotel where I usually go for dinner if I'm on my own.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I recently traveled to Downey on business and spent 2 days here. What a lovely place. Very comfortable, lovely pool, great room, fab happy hour and breakfast. The business center was very easy to use.The room had 2 comfortable beds and the separate living room was a big bonus for us. We had great service from the front office staff. All in all, a great experience.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Roberta5261
Reviewed 31 March 2014

1) No parking; Front Desk told me to park at Bank next door but move car by 10 pm after theatre goers had left to not get towed. Called Front Desk could say “I’m sorry we share parking with the theatre”… the hotel guest should be held hostage for parking….there should be spots allocated for the guests and whatever is left over to outside venues. 2) When brushing teeth, the sewer gas coming up from drain in sink was so strong that it caused me to gag…this is a direct health violation and marks a more serious problem. It should be fixed before it is reported to health authorities. 3) The tiles in the shower were dirty as if dirty feet ground black dirt into tiles…this area is a breeding ground for bacteria and should be cleaned thoroughly after each guest leaves, it is unacceptable for this to be in this state. 4) The noise in Atrium was loud and even louder in parking lot. Required ear plugs to block. I understand that that there was some kind of “student” activity however the hotel should have employed better security to monitor and control the noise and ruckus for the other guests, especially business guests. 5) Needed to stay additional night and was quoted $199. Previous nights were $132. Stayed somewhere else instead. 6) Back entrance, where most of the parking was, was dark and dilapidated – broken floor tiles, stale smelling, unappealing, uninviting like you are going in the service entrance….not only is this distasteful but a security risk as well. 7) Paid Internet? No one else charges for this anymore. Antiquated policy.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Kenneth P
EmbassyDowney, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles-Downey, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We are aware that parking in the area can be an inconvenience and we apologize that it took away from your experience with us. We are looking into the cause of what made your drain smell and are working with our maintenance and housekeeping teams to ensure a safe and clean environment for all of our guests. I apologize that our internet access did not align with your needs and I appreciate your review as it provides feedback that I need to re-evaluate guest needs and make the necessary adjustments to our offerings. We hope that next time you’re in the area you will consider staying with us again.

Kinds Regards,
562-299-1643
cynthia.baker@hilton.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Downey
Studio Inn And Suites
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Norwalk
Hyatt Regency Orange County
Hyatt Regency Orange County
#2 of 19 in Garden Grove

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles-Downey? Share your experiences!