Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles-Downey
American Inn(Downey)
Econo Lodge(Pico Rivera)
Average 3/5
  • Breakfast included
Cloud 9 Motel(Pico Rivera)
View Hotel
All reviewsevening receptionindoor poolcomplimentary breakfastbusiness tripla arealiving roombeautiful hotellos angelesfree parkingrooms are spaciousbusiness centernice stayfirestone blvduniversal studiosrooneyatriumanaheim
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Overall the stay was awesome. Internet was the only pain point. We had breakfast every morning, and we went to the restaurant for the Sunday brunch and it was excellent. Pool was busy on Friday and Saturday, so my daughter was not interested in swimming with all the kids in there.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We were assigned a suite that was not even cleaned yet at check in after arriving past check in time of 3:00 pm. It was an unpleasant experience seeing towels on the floor, trash on table, consumed room service tray on bed. etc. Housekeeper and her Supervisor promptly apologized and got us a new suite after alerting front desk of what happened.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Imee K
Reviewed 8 June 2014

This hotel was nice and clean, but rooms were dated. The rooms need upgrades. The common areas were very nice and well maintained. It did take a while for the water to get hot in my room and I was on the 3rd floor. The towels in the bathroom felt damp when used and did not dry too well. Overall it wasnt bad at all. Take advantage of the free breakfast, you cant beat that. I ordered room service 1 night and had the chinese chicken salad. It was delicious.

Room Tip: It is a noisy hotel due to the open common area, but try to get a room facing the back. Mine faced the front and heard sirens and cars all night long on Firestone Blvd.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 June 2014

My experience at this hotel was subpar. Mold in bathroom, water damage on the bathroom ceiling, room smelled strongly of stale cigarette smoke. The AC vent was rusty on the outside, I wonder what was on the inside. The evening reception area was very messy with popcorn spilled all over the floor. There also happened to be a party in the room next to us so it was loud until after 1 am.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Iliana M
EmbassyDowney, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles-Downey, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Thank you for your feedback of your stay with us. I sincerely apologize that we were unable to meet expectations at our hotel and based upon your review I am actively participating with our housekeeping staff to ensure that the bathrooms in our guest rooms are satisfactory for our guests. I’m sorry that your comfort was disturbed by a party next door and we will use your comments to improve. I hope that if your travels bring you back to the area that you will consider staying with us again.

Kind Regards,
Cynthia Baker

Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for two weeks and loved it!!! It felt like home didn't want to leave :(. Happy hour was awesome free alcoholic drinks and snacks, Mmm hummus lol. The Firestone girl in the hotel also as great food! The staff were really welcoming and kind. And the general Maneger there has to be one of the nicest men I've ever met! You defiantly won't regret your stay at the embassy suits in downy!

• Stayed: May 2014