Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles-Downey
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Downey
“Wet Dreams.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

My Fiancé and Myself were ecstatic to start Our 4th of July Weekend with some very much needed Relaxation due to both of Us having very demanding Hotel Jobs so we don't get much away time. We checked into the Embassy Suites Downey and were given their rather beautiful, spacious Corner Room (our preference) Room #813. Beginning to wind down from a long work day, I proceeded to get comfortable and decided to lay in the bed while waiting for Room Service. As soon as I lied down, I felt a wetness across the entirety of my back which is when I jumped up and yelled to my fiancé. He immediately came into the room, noticing a wet spot taking up the entire center of the bed. Not sure of what the liquid was, he began to pull back all of the bed linen to only find that the Mattress had a Ring of Yellow Urine. Now at this point, we are both disgusted and furious due to this being a well known Hilton Brand Hotel so our expectations were High. Myself working for the DoubleTree by Hilton and my Fiancé being well seasoned in the Hospitality business working for Major Brand Hotels. He contacted the Front Desk immediately informing them of Our Room Issue only for them to state they would not Comp our Room due to Us just checking in approximately 45 Minutes prior. Instead, they offered a Room Change, Free Internet Code and 3 Movie Vouchers. Now first and foremost, nothing could make me feel good about lying in someone's Urine but I do not feel they took Our matter seriously. The Guest Room we were moved to was Room #735, which was much more Compact, right next to the Elevator, had smaller amenities and a very tiny step-out balcony. Not to mention the fact that our Complimentary Internet hardly had a Signal and signed us out every 5-10 Minutes. I find it very unsettling that the Hilton Brand is being misrepresented and when an unsanitary issue occurs, it is overlooked and the best you could offer is Internet, Movies and a Downgrade in Room. Where in Hospitality is this acceptable? The lack of care by the Front Desk Supervisor at the Time shows a lack of Empathy and Common Sense, I'm sure if he had lied in Urine his reaction and expectations would be just the same as Ours. I do not recommend this Hotel nor will we stay again, we expect a full refund for our Night of Stay and an E-Mail from the Front Office Manager regarding Our Issues by Monday Morning 07/07/2014. If not, by Monday Afternoon we will be contacting the GM.

Room Tip: Check your bed before lying in it.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Tyesha T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Korean first
Fallbrook, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

The rooms facing the entrance are very noisy because of the traffic and the breakfast food was kind of stale like it was left out to long. The internet was also slow at night. Other than that it was what I was expecting from the a hotel like this.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank Gabriel C
Coachella, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

Its the best hotel in the area I liked to stay there with my family and when on buisness. Its perfect area and safe. There is a lot of places to eat close by, as well and stores to shop. I would recommend this hotle for any type of visit, if its for business, Family, or just for fun. Its all worth it.

Litchfield Park, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Overall the stay was awesome. Internet was the only pain point. We had breakfast every morning, and we went to the restaurant for the Sunday brunch and it was excellent. Pool was busy on Friday and Saturday, so my daughter was not interested in swimming with all the kids in there.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Chula Vista, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

We were assigned a suite that was not even cleaned yet at check in after arriving past check in time of 3:00 pm. It was an unpleasant experience seeing towels on the floor, trash on table, consumed room service tray on bed. etc. Housekeeper and her Supervisor promptly apologized and got us a new suite after alerting front desk of what happened.

1 Thank Imee K
Gurnee, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

This hotel was nice and clean, but rooms were dated. The rooms need upgrades. The common areas were very nice and well maintained. It did take a while for the water to get hot in my room and I was on the 3rd floor. The towels in the bathroom felt damp when used and did not dry too well. Overall it wasnt bad at all. Take advantage of the free breakfast, you cant beat that. I ordered room service 1 night and had the chinese chicken salad. It was delicious.

Room Tip: It is a noisy hotel due to the open common area, but try to get a room facing the back. Mine faced t...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
San Diego, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

My experience at this hotel was subpar. Mold in bathroom, water damage on the bathroom ceiling, room smelled strongly of stale cigarette smoke. The AC vent was rusty on the outside, I wonder what was on the inside. The evening reception area was very messy with popcorn spilled all over the floor. There also happened to be a party in the room next to us so it was loud until after 1 am.

1 Thank Iliana M
EmbassyDowney, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles-Downey, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Thank you for your feedback of your stay with us. I sincerely apologize that we were unable to meet expectations at our hotel and based upon your review I am actively participating with our housekeeping staff to ensure that the bathrooms in our guest rooms are satisfactory for our guests. I’m sorry that your comfort was disturbed by a party next door and we will use your comments to improve. I hope that if your travels bring you back to the area that you will consider staying with us again.

Kind Regards,
Cynthia Baker
Also consider these accommodations in or near Downey
Days Inn Downey
Hotel Indigo Anaheim
Hotel Indigo Anaheim
#4 of 118 in Anaheim
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,091 reviews

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles-Downey? Share your experiences!