“New Management was great!”
Review of Lure Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Downieville
Lure Resort
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Downieville
Reno, Nevada
“New Management was great!”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We enjoyed ourselves for a week in one of the two bedroom cabins. The grounds were maintained well and the dumpster was changed out twice while we were there. It's located away from any rental cabins and never overflowing.

The mangers, Brandy and her husband Stephen bent over backwards to make sure we had a good time. One of them was always at the office and which did not smell of anything contrary to another review. Not only did they advise us of what to do in the area but Stephen loaned me his gold pan and told me where the best place on the river to pan. On another day he showed me where to fish and even joined me. On our last night the power went out in the area and they ran to all the cabins with kerosene lanterns.

I will go again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Sparks, Nevada
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My family and I have been coming to the lure for our yearly family "camping" trip for the last 6 years. This last visit unfortunately will be our last. Brandy and her husband are the new managers and have proven to be unfriendly, intrusive and downright rude. We we questioned repeatedly about guests despite having none. Brandy is clearly unhappy in her position and finds ways of enforcing the rules where you feel bad even tho you have done nothing wrong. She made my children feel unwelcome and she was down at my cabin inspecting things almost daily for a week designed to get away. Overall, over priced and no amount of money was worth dealing with these two controlling and paranoid people. Do not recommend!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
12 Thank L F
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I stayed at the Lure resort over 4th of July weekend and it was one of the best vacations I've ever taken - beautiful scenery, gorgeous water (highly recommend tubing into Downieville), comfortable cabin (fell asleep every night listening to the rushing river), and just everything you need for a simple, restful vacation. The Lure isn't fancy but that's the fun of it. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Meredith_94109
Napa
Reviewed 13 May 2014

The location of the Lure is amazing and the rooms (really cabins) are great. The drawback for us was for $300/night we should have at least shampoo and conditioner. Nor should we have to take out the trash and wash the dishes. Downieville is a very cute and charming town and this place is no exception. The cabin was clean and had what was needed but I just found that the lack of amenities was unexpected. Had I known we would only get a small hand soap in the bathroom I would have prepared better. The only store in town is not open that often so getting what we needed was a challenge.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank vacationhappy
Fountain Valley, California
Reviewed 22 February 2014

We had a fantastic time here at the Lure Resort for a quick weekend escape. My wife and I can't thank them enough for making our trip wonderful. The resort and cabins are right alongside the N. Yuba River and how cute they are!

The log furniture and bed were terrific with views that were inspiring. Sleeping to the sounds of the river was great. I never slept so good in all my wife. We can't recommend the Lure Resort enough and we even found gold. Woohoo Gold!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Stephen_OrangeCounty
San Francisco
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Have been going to the North Fork of the Yuba River for over 40 years. We always pass up the Lure Resort on our way to the Sierra Buttes and the Lake Basin. We rented one of the new cabins. Beautiful A frame with floor to ceiling windows, deck, webber, fully stocked--I mean stocked. It had a queen size bed with a couch with pull out bed. Brand new appliances. Bathroom was roomy with bathtub/shower and sunlamp. We had stayed in the last cabin called Good Hope. Has trail down to river. There is a wonderful, private swimming hole where we spent our days. No restaurant, bar or store. Bring your own fun and supplies. Downieville is minutes away, but don't expect groceries at their only one store. Melissa, at the front office, helped us when our car broke down! The assistants were excellent. There is wi-fi. No telephone unless you have Verizon.

Room Tip: The new cabins are beautiful, well appointed, and some with gardens. Cannot build a fire at new cab...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank DeborahGonzalez
California
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Huge disappointment! We have stayed at The Lure in the past and had no complaints. However, this year was terrible. I did try to speak with the office when we were there...no one ever answered the doorbell. To be fair I did contact the proprietor after our stay to voice my concern and complaints over our cottage. They did not respond.
We stayed in the cottage White Bear. When we arrived shortly after 3 p.m., we were informed it was not ready for check-in! Finally at 4 we were told we could bring our belongings in. The place was not very clean, and smelled musty. My biggest issue was the stove top control panel. It was not secured to the stove and would fall over when I tried to use the temp control for the oven. Fire hazard!!! And the smoke alarm in the kitchen had been disabled!!! BBQ grill was not very user friendly due to several large dents on the top cover so the venting didn't work at all. Of the 4 sliders in the cottage only 2 of the screen doors worked. The location of The Lure is about the only thing that saved our weekend. Considering the lack of maintenance, cleanliness, and not getting a response from the proprietors. We will not stay here again and most certainly would not recommend it.

• Stayed July 2013
5 Thank Happytrails202
Also consider these accommodations in or near Downieville
Chalet View Lodge
#1 of 2 in Sierra City
Nakoma Resort
Nakoma Resort
#1 of 2 in Clio

Been to Lure Resort? Share your experiences!