“3 day getaway”
Review of Lure Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Downieville
Lure Resort
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Downieville
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We found this place to be very pleasant and
Beautiful.
We stayed in gold point cabin which is good for
A party of 4.
The scenery was awesome.management were friendly
And helpful
Only down points were the furniture in the cabin was uncomfortable
And the price of the cabin was extremely high. 330 a night for
Three adults and two dogs.
Would go back if they put in a better couch and lowered price a bit

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We enjoyed ourselves for a week in one of the two bedroom cabins. The grounds were maintained well and the dumpster was changed out twice while we were there. It's located away from any rental cabins and never overflowing.

The mangers, Brandy and her husband Stephen bent over backwards to make sure we had a good time. One of them was always at the office and which did not smell of anything contrary to another review. Not only did they advise us of what to do in the area but Stephen loaned me his gold pan and told me where the best place on the river to pan. On another day he showed me where to fish and even joined me. On our last night the power went out in the area and they ran to all the cabins with kerosene lanterns.

I will go again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My family and I have been coming to the lure for our yearly family "camping" trip for the last 6 years. This last visit unfortunately will be our last. Brandy and her husband are the new managers and have proven to be unfriendly, intrusive and downright rude. We we questioned repeatedly about guests despite having none. Brandy is clearly unhappy in her position and finds ways of enforcing the rules where you feel bad even tho you have done nothing wrong. She made my children feel unwelcome and she was down at my cabin inspecting things almost daily for a week designed to get away. Overall, over priced and no amount of money was worth dealing with these two controlling and paranoid people. Do not recommend!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
12  Thank L F
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I stayed at the Lure resort over 4th of July weekend and it was one of the best vacations I've ever taken - beautiful scenery, gorgeous water (highly recommend tubing into Downieville), comfortable cabin (fell asleep every night listening to the rushing river), and just everything you need for a simple, restful vacation. The Lure isn't fancy but that's the fun of it. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Meredith_94109
Reviewed 13 May 2014

The location of the Lure is amazing and the rooms (really cabins) are great. The drawback for us was for $300/night we should have at least shampoo and conditioner. Nor should we have to take out the trash and wash the dishes. Downieville is a very cute and charming town and this place is no exception. The cabin was clean and had what was needed but I just found that the lack of amenities was unexpected. Had I known we would only get a small hand soap in the bathroom I would have prepared better. The only store in town is not open that often so getting what we needed was a challenge.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank vacationhappy
Reviewed 22 February 2014

We had a fantastic time here at the Lure Resort for a quick weekend escape. My wife and I can't thank them enough for making our trip wonderful. The resort and cabins are right alongside the N. Yuba River and how cute they are!

The log furniture and bed were terrific with views that were inspiring. Sleeping to the sounds of the river was great. I never slept so good in all my wife. We can't recommend the Lure Resort enough and we even found gold. Woohoo Gold!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Stephen_OrangeCounty
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Have been going to the North Fork of the Yuba River for over 40 years. We always pass up the Lure Resort on our way to the Sierra Buttes and the Lake Basin. We rented one of the new cabins. Beautiful A frame with floor to ceiling windows, deck, webber, fully stocked--I mean stocked. It had a queen size bed with a couch with pull out bed. Brand new appliances. Bathroom was roomy with bathtub/shower and sunlamp. We had stayed in the last cabin called Good Hope. Has trail down to river. There is a wonderful, private swimming hole where we spent our days. No restaurant, bar or store. Bring your own fun and supplies. Downieville is minutes away, but don't expect groceries at their only one store. Melissa, at the front office, helped us when our car broke down! The assistants were excellent. There is wi-fi. No telephone unless you have Verizon.

Room Tip: The new cabins are beautiful, well appointed, and some with gardens. Cannot build a fire at new cab...