“small portions”

Yanagi Sushi & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Yanagi Sushi & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 190 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$29 - US$31
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Dougherty Rd.
Reviewed 25 February 2013

We went to this restaurant the first time about a year ago. We like what they have to offer. The boat had a nice presentation. My family will go there about once a week and ordered the boat for up to 4. After about 5 months of eating there, we are noticing the sashimi pieces were getting smaller and smaller. The last time we were there, we showed to our server and she just ignored our concerns. I called and spoke with the owner. His response was " You don't understand our cost on the fish." Well, we are going to another Japanese restaurant since then. There portions are worth the cost of the meal. Each slice of the sashimi is about 3 to 4 times bigger than Yanagi's.

1  Thank Paul L

Reviewed 8 January 2013 via mobile

Here's a spot for great sushi experience. I've been to another location in Pismo Beach and both are fantastic. Food is prepared with presentation in mind. The staff is friendly and accommodating.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

Yanagi has great sushi, the staff is very friendly, the service is great. Best sushi on the menu: definitely the 911 Roll! Also great for teppenyaki.

Reviewed 20 October 2012

If you are craving for some good sushi and lots of it, Yanagi Sushi will satisfy that craving. I come here often with my family and we almost always order The Boat. You get your money's worth as it comes with a variety of one's favorite sushi. Warning to those who don't have the affinity for raw fish, this dish may not be for you. I am a lover of fine sushi and Yanagi's boast a variety of sashimi that is by far the best I've ever had. Their sashimi always taste fresh and buttery. The only downside to this restaurant is that it is often busy even with reservations made. However, their often busy establishment is a testament of how good their sushi is as well as their service.

Reviewed 10 October 2012

Our chef was so entertaining and I thought the filet mignon was excellent. I should add that my brother-in-law had the shrimp and scallops and he thought they were a tad old, but my sister and I had the filet and thought the experience there was first rate. We only had the teppenyaki - can't comment on the sushi.