“Nothing special”

Yanagi Sushi & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Yanagi Sushi & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #34 of 183 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$29 - US$31
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Dougherty Rd.
Reviewed 7 February 2014

I was excited to try a new Japanese restaurant - this was just a mediocre meal - tried it one more time just to be sure.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

Took the family here for teppanyaki. Our three kids had never had that before, and the two youngest got a bit scared by the huge flames, but the chef did a great job joking with them and making them comfortable. And the food was great, too. (Kids didn't love the chicken, but gobbled up the shrimp; my steak was cooked to perfection but I would have liked more seasoning. The miso and salads were fantastic, though.) Wait staff was attentive in keeping our beverages full, too. Overall a wonderful experience. Will probably make this a tradition.

Reviewed 23 July 2013

I was staying at a near by hotel and they suggested I go here for dinner. I am glad they did! The staff was very friendly and fast and the food was outstanding. I had a roll that I had never had at another sushi place and I really enjoyed it. I will keep this on my radar when I am back in Dublin. I arrived on a Tuesday at 6:00 and by the time I was leaving they had a wait to be seated, so this place is very popular for a reason.

1  Thank radman143
Reviewed 8 June 2013

We have eaten at Yanagi on two occasions and have found the Sushi to be excellent and the service is very attentive. But the noise level is very high. Why the need to have loud background music is beyond me, It certainly does not add to the dining experience, in fact it is a major detraction.

1  Thank CPIIIShasta
Reviewed 25 February 2013

We went to this restaurant the first time about a year ago. We like what they have to offer. The boat had a nice presentation. My family will go there about once a week and ordered the boat for up to 4. After about 5 months of eating there, we are noticing the sashimi pieces were getting smaller and smaller. The last time we were there, we showed to our server and she just ignored our concerns. I called and spoke with the owner. His response was " You don't understand our cost on the fish." Well, we are going to another Japanese restaurant since then. There portions are worth the cost of the meal. Each slice of the sashimi is about 3 to 4 times bigger than Yanagi's.

1  Thank Paul L