“Very bad inside communication and service.”

Extended Stay America - Dublin - Hacienda Dr.
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Dublin
Pleasanton, California
“Very bad inside communication and service.”
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I live close to this hotel. As my house is under renovation, I booked through Priceline express deal on Monday for our Wednesday night stay. As we are a family with 2 adult and 2 children. So I called this hotel to request a double bed room right after the booking. The lady who answered my phone said that we need to pay extra $15 for double bed. I have no problem with that. So I confirmed with her that I will get a double bed room.
I checked in this hotel about 7:00pm on Wednesday night. I am almost done with my registration, I asked the front desk that I booked a double bed room. The guy replied that they are sold out of it. I told him that I called on Monday and confirmed with a lady. He said there is no record in their system and there is nothing they can do. We are 4 people with 2 not that small kids, there is no way we can squeeze in one bed. I was mad because of their internal bad communication and the bad altitude of the front desk guy. I called Priceline, but they told me I cannot get refund because of express deal. It was really a bad moment in my life.
I was ready to leave this hotel with my credit card charged and looking for another hotel, one lady clerk showed up. She showed some sympathy for my situation. She called priceline and get my refund. But there is nothing else she can .
So at almost 8:00pm in the evening, cold and dark, and my young children very tired, I have to call the local hotels one by one to get a room. They are all full. Finally I got a room at Livermore Motel 6. I felt like a homeless somehow.
It was a sad and humiliating experience for me with Dublin Extended Stay America.

Stayed November 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Dublin, California
Reviewed 21 October 2013

To make it short, here's the problems I had experienced during stay. (I skipped the minor stuffs such as dirty bath towels, no dish washer...)

The one bedroom suite they gave us was just a handicap accessible room with a half wall in between sofa sleeper and king bed, no door. And I was told this is what they called "ONE BEDROOM SUITE" . And it costs over $100 per night to me.
All pillows had bad odors. I could smell sweat, hair oil and cologne on my the pillows.
All the dishes/ dinnerware, forks, knifes, spoons... were greasy.
Cooking pan was burnt.
Air duct (the only one in the entire room) in bathroom was full on dusts. (not to mention, visible dusts on all corners)
TV noises next door and people foot steps could all being heard in my room.
Did the paint job next door and not giving any notice. I got to smell the toxic odor.
Furniture were stained and dirty.
The wooden handicap seating bench in bath tub was molded.

My advise is if you have $20 to spare, go somewhere else, although the staffs were friendly.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Dublin hotels

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I rarely right reviews but I'm excited to share my experience. I'm really happy to say that the staff was great and I really enjoyed my stay. They really went out of their way to help me. I was surprised about how great the place was as well.

Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 11 October 2013

I got this one night stay using Priceline.com so it was OK. There was a free continental breakfast as well as free wi-fi. Location is pretty good, close to highway 580 but not too close as to get a lot of traffic noise.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank RevfromCA
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 5 October 2013

First off let me start by saying I have never met someone as friendly and helpful as Emily.. always smiling with a willing attitude to insure costumer satisfaction .. After a long flight it was a pleasure to have such an easy check in .. Emily had everything already for us .. the room was super clean with a fresh smell. I will tell all my employees, friends and family if they are in the area this is the ONLY place to stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
los angeles
Reviewed 28 September 2013

I read the reviews before I stayed here and was a bit concerned... I was happily surprised. The rooms have been renovated. Beautiful large flat panel tv. Free wifi and it is fast. The a/c works well. The building is quiet. The staff is friendly. Trader Joe's is nearby as is 24 hour super sport so I am well taken care of. I love having a full sized fridge with microwave and utensils. There are no children here to speak of because there is no pool. Full self service laundry onsite. Great freeway close location. Excellent free and abundant parking in a well lit lot. The bed is firm. Downside : housekeeping is a little lax. The shower rood was loose. They need to dust and vacuum better. Other than that I am happier here than at most places.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Pleasanton, California, United States
Reviewed 22 September 2013

it wasn't good at all, , poor services, and dirty rooms and the staff weren't polite at all
it just located in a good position, near safe way and shopping center and also a nice park
their room services and clearness was awful
in fact they didnt have any spevial5 servivce for their guests
the food smells during the whole day in the rooms

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Ghazaal H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dublin
Hyatt Place Dublin/Pleasanton
#1 of 16 in Livermore
Larkspur Landing Pleasanton
Larkspur Landing Pleasanton
#7 of 14 in Pleasanton

Been to Extended Stay America - Dublin - Hacienda Dr.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Dublin - Hacienda Dr.

Property: Extended Stay America - Dublin - Hacienda Dr.
Address: 4500 Dublin Blvd, Dublin, CA 94568-7564
Region: United States > California > Dublin
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Dublin
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): ££
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Dublin - Hacienda Dr. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Extended Stay, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Cancelon so you can book your Extended Stay America - Dublin - Hacienda Dr. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay America Dublin