“Great Value, large spacious suites, but skip the breakfast” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Dublin - Pleasanton

La Quinta Inn & Suites Dublin - Pleasanton
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Dublin
Sacramento
“Great Value, large spacious suites, but skip the breakfast”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2011

I was pleasantly pleased when I arrived at the hotel to attend a nearby soccer tournament for my daughter to find spacious large rooms. We reserved the 2 queen suite room which had microwave, frig, sink, and a pull out couch. It was tastfully decorated and the bathroom was large. While we were near the freeway, it was relatively quiet. The room rate was $99 which I thought was a bargain for the room. The location was great for going into the city because the bart station is located within a mile from the hotel. After our game, we took the 40 min. bart trip into San Francisco and attended the S.F Giant game. There are some restaurants nearby including an In n out across the freeway. The pool looked clean but small and there was a jacuzzi. I recommend the hotel for families and for a relatively easy way to get into the city through bart.

Room Tip: Queen suites are the Best Value
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2011

We travel to San francisco very often, and have always stayed at this hotel which is close to the bart and very accessible to San francisco.We love the staff, especially Arthur who is so accomodating and tries to always give us our same room. We love it!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Janine B
East Bay, Ca
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2011

Decent rooms.
Furniture could use an update.
The bed and pillows are very comfortable.
Quiet hotel.
The breakfast was pretty horrible.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2010

My brother and I had just visited San Francisco and were on our way to Yosemite National Park. It was nice to leave the city for a nice, quiet place to stay for the night and not have to struggle in the traffic the next morning. We had made reservations from Montreal, Canada based on AAA California Book. Really a wonderful experience: modern setting, spotless room and very comfortable beds. All the comforts of home! We had great service from the moment we arrived and help from the person at the front desk to find a place to eat. Breakfast on the house was a nice touch also!

• Stayed August 2010
Los Altos, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2010

The staff is rude and they put me in a noisy room facing the freeway!
They claimed to be sold out, but I highly doubt-Poor service!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Tracy, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2010

I live a mere half an hour away from Dublin/Pleasanton (in Tracy, CA) but I had to be in San Francisco by 9:30 in the morning the next day for a meeting. So I wanted to spend the night near the closest BART station (rush hour traffic problems are fairly common out here). I considered this hotel and the nearby Hyatt Place, but since this stay was on my dime, I decided to save about $10 and go here. It was just fine -- I can't imagine that the Hyatt could have been any better. I hadn't made a reservation and just showed up around 9 pm on a Monday night. The desk guy was very cordial and actually went and checked out the room he was about to give me before he handed me the key. It was nice and clean and quiet. I had a wonderful, albeit short, stay. An added bonus -- there is an IHOP right next door that stays open fairly late and I managed to get dinner there. Sure enough, there was a freeway disaster that closed all lanes of 580 at Livermore the next morning (the thing I had feared that had motivated me to stay in a hotel in Dublin in the first place). Instead of having to stress about having to get to SF from Tracy with the main road completely closed, I could just calmly drive to the BART station less than 5 minutes away. It was well worth the money. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank AprilChilde
Maui, Hawaii
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2009

Ex Holiday Inn Now La Quinta.
Hotwire.,com sells this hotel at as a 3Star Hotel.
Well, its a 2.5 star.
Got in and asked for a NonSmoking room. the response was, Well since you booked on Hotwire, you get what we give you. No sorry, no sort of any nice tone in the voice, You Get what we give you.
I was not aware that this hotel had an entire HALF (left half) of the hotel designated as SMOKING. (usually it is a floor or 2 not Half the hotel.
To make things worse, to get into the Gym/exersize/pool rooms you have to go thru the stinky hallway of the SMOKING Section. Bad Planning.
Asked for a late checkout and this was the response, ""ALL I AM OFFERING IS ONE HOUR" . stern non friendly etc
Customer Service is a JOKE at this hotel.
Had to run the fan on at all times in the room and have the window open to escape the stench of the smoke that permeates the room.
Horrible Horrible Horrible.

Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank SouthMauiGuy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dublin
Hyatt Place Dublin/Pleasanton
#3 of 6 in Dublin
BEST WESTERN PLUS Pleasanton Inn
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pleasanton at the Club
Pleasanton Marriott
Pleasanton Marriott
#4 of 14 in Pleasanton
Extended Stay America - Dublin - Hacienda Dr.

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Dublin - Pleasanton? Share your experiences!