“Service is no bueno”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Dublin - Pleasanton
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 6 August 2010

The staff is rude and they put me in a noisy room facing the freeway!
They claimed to be sold out, but I highly doubt-Poor service!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business

Reviewed 21 April 2010

I live a mere half an hour away from Dublin/Pleasanton (in Tracy, CA) but I had to be in San Francisco by 9:30 in the morning the next day for a meeting. So I wanted to spend the night near the closest BART station (rush hour traffic problems are fairly common out here). I considered this hotel and the nearby Hyatt Place, but since this stay was on my dime, I decided to save about $10 and go here. It was just fine -- I can't imagine that the Hyatt could have been any better. I hadn't made a reservation and just showed up around 9 pm on a Monday night. The desk guy was very cordial and actually went and checked out the room he was about to give me before he handed me the key. It was nice and clean and quiet. I had a wonderful, albeit short, stay. An added bonus -- there is an IHOP right next door that stays open fairly late and I managed to get dinner there. Sure enough, there was a freeway disaster that closed all lanes of 580 at Livermore the next morning (the thing I had feared that had motivated me to stay in a hotel in Dublin in the first place). Instead of having to stress about having to get to SF from Tracy with the main road completely closed, I could just calmly drive to the BART station less than 5 minutes away. It was well worth the money. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank AprilChilde
Reviewed 12 June 2009

Ex Holiday Inn Now La Quinta.
Hotwire.,com sells this hotel at as a 3Star Hotel.
Well, its a 2.5 star.
Got in and asked for a NonSmoking room. the response was, Well since you booked on Hotwire, you get what we give you. No sorry, no sort of any nice tone in the voice, You Get what we give you.
I was not aware that this hotel had an entire HALF (left half) of the hotel designated as SMOKING. (usually it is a floor or 2 not Half the hotel.
To make things worse, to get into the Gym/exersize/pool rooms you have to go thru the stinky hallway of the SMOKING Section. Bad Planning.
Asked for a late checkout and this was the response, ""ALL I AM OFFERING IS ONE HOUR" . stern non friendly etc
Customer Service is a JOKE at this hotel.
Had to run the fan on at all times in the room and have the window open to escape the stench of the smoke that permeates the room.
Horrible Horrible Horrible.

Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank SouthMauiGuy
Reviewed 5 June 2009

We were enroute from SFO to Yosemite and wanted a place to spend the night between, so we wanted somewhere quiet, cheap, totally ON the way and preferrably with some decent shopping options so we could pick up a few things we could not pack.

Choose Dublin and that worked out well. Ended up picking this LaQuinta because it was the only reasonably priced room that did not have BAD reviews. Well, it had no reviews because it must have been a Holiday Inn literally days ago. You can still clearly make out the logo on the building, under the temporary La Quinta sign.

The furnishings and decor were almost all new. Although hints of worn Holiday Inn items did peek through (yellowed and dated light switch for instance). I found the decorating to be crisp and modern, the linens of excellent quality, the mattress, carpet, shower curtain, all clearly were new. The shower was shockingly hot, as we came to find all the showers in CA, I'm guessing there is no law like we have in PA about water temperatures. The front desk was pleasant and "real", although we did not really ask a single special thing of them. Parking was convenient, right out front. We were on the first floor, room 125, the room faced a back parking lot. The breakfast was excellent, waffles as promised and a pretty large selection of other items including eggs and bacon and what not. The breakfast area was its own area (not just in the corner of the foyer), with plenty of seating and was clean and bright and invited lingering. Our room was very quiet - we were there on a Saturday night.

We found everything we needed and then some at the nearby malls, there is just about every store you could want. One warning, this hotel is a touch outside of the busy part of town. You would not be walking to anything but an IHOP. I think perhaps the majority of their guests are in town for the several large corporate complexes that are very close to the hotel, perhaps that is why it was so quiet on Saturday.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2007

Stayed here for two nights on business. Nice breakfast, something for everyone and everything was fresh. Nice gym that is well equiped for a small hotel. Rooms were clean and nice. Beds are semi-soft, but I like a real soft bed so it's hard to please me. Wireless interenet worked well and they staff was great. Would would be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank FunTrvlCpl
Reviewed 5 August 2007

This isn't the first time we have stayed at this hotel, and we were just as pleased this time as on our previous stay. The main desk staff are very friendly and accomodating. The rooms were very clean, and there was not a lot of noise to be heard.
Have already booked a couple more nights in August. Good place to lay your head down.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sandy67ga
Reviewed 20 July 2007

I stayed at this hotel for a business trip with my husband. We found it mostly clean although there could have been a bit more attention to detail (old peanut shells on floor by wall, slightly dirty sink, some stains on the rug). We stayed in a standard leisure room with a king bed. Our room had lots of space to spread out. It also had a refrigerator, mini freezer, and microwave.
Overall it was a very comfortable stay-good bed, good a/c, 10 minute walk to BART station, restaurants are close by, very quiet hotel. During our stay there was a party of some sort downstairs, however, my room stayed very quiet. I never heard any noise from the hall or other rooms. I like that they have a computer in the lobby with free internet access and printer so you can print your airline tickets early. They also had a decent free breakfast each morning. The best part was that they had warm cookies in the evening-I really liked the cranberry oatmeal ones.
I would reccomend this hotel to people who don't need absolute luxury but require a clean, quiet, accessible hotel. For the price we paid ($236 for two nights) it seemed reasonable.
heads up-check out took some time over a discrepancy in the bill. I knew my bill had been paid already but they could not find evidence of this in the computer. Anyways, after 10 minutes of searching and me having to dig up my credit card bill, the staff called the manager and sorted the issue out.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank NFA
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dublin
Hyatt Place Dublin/Pleasanton
#9 of 14 in Pleasanton
Sheraton Pleasanton Hotel
Sheraton Pleasanton Hotel
#6 of 14 in Pleasanton

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Dublin - Pleasanton? Share your experiences!