“Not very good to start but then improved after action by Manager.”
Review of Holiday Inn Dublin

Holiday Inn Dublin
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Dublin
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 3 February 2013

My wife and I arrived at the Holiday Inn in Dublin CA on Tuesday 29th January for a two day stay. We were given a room on the upper floor at the rear of the hotel but very close to the main road outside. Although the room was clean in general the fridge door was covered in dirty finger marks, there was not hook for dressing gown or towels behind the bathroom door, there was just on pack of coffee for just one person. Finally the internet connection in the room was slow and would not support Skype. As we had driven some 200 miles it was something which annoyed us but not worthy of moving room at that time. However the following morning we contacted the Manager on these matters and he promised immediate action. Within minutes the internet had been fixed and was working fine, although it is still beyond me why it was languishing before it was reset. As we had to go shopping we left and upon return the coat hook had been replaced, ample coffee was in the room and there had been an attempt to clean the fridge door. Had these matters been taken care of before we arrived it would have not required our complaint. Also we ate at the hotel that evening and the food and service were very good, so all in all I can recommend this hotel if the same care exercised over our room eventually is given to all rooms.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the main road if traffic noise disturbs you.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
HolidayInnDublin, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2013

Dear WiggleOxford: I appreciate your very candid and detailed review of your stay. Thank you for taking time to do so. Clearly there were some missed opportunities here. Even though the issues were resolved to your satisfaction I think we could have done a better job by mitigating this.Rest assured, I have engaged the involved departments in this.

I also want to thank you for willing to give us another opportunity. We believe in winning guests back and do hope to see you again, should travels lead you to this area.

Should you want to discuss this further please feel free to reach me directly.
At your service,

Paul Munyasia, CHA

Reviewed 31 January 2013

I stay here for work, I'm reimbursed by my employer for my costs. Having said that, understand that I stay in hotels usually 5 nights a week, I'm spending someone else's money to do that. I have total control over where I stay, my employer doesn't book my hotels for me, I handle it and am reimbursed.

I wouldn't even consider staying somewhere else...

From the moment I get here I feel like my needs are being met and the staff treat me like I'm their only concern. Daniel, Justine and Angel are always courteous and helpful. Management is wonderful and the facility is in a great location. Sione and Wayne know how to get things done.

With a restaurant on site, room service is an easy choice and the breakfast has many options, from buffet to a menu with the Delicious Eggs Benidict, my compliments to the chef, you can't really go wrong.

My company uses the conference rooms frequently and there always set up just as we need them, on time and way before we arrive. Anita always makes sure were well taken care of. Being the boss, It would be easy for me to take all of our business elsewhere, but I've never felt felt the slightest need nor have even considered it.

I feel like a celebrity here, most of the staff know me by name, even the engineering guys on staff are pleasant and helpful. I can always bother them and they'll have a smile on their faces the whole time.

I get dirty at work, so I'm used to rough conditions. Coming back here at the end of the day is a god send. Being able to relax is a must for me at the end of the day and I know I can do that here.

This hotel may not be for everyone, but it is the one for me.

NAFS Boss

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
HolidayInnDublin, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2013

Dear NAFS Boss: Thank you for your very detailed feedback which really is a journey through the hotel and its amenities. Your review is flattering and I want to personally thank you for being a loyal guest. You have mentioned some of the staff here: Be rest assured that they will hear about your delightful thoughts and comments. You are always welcome here and do feel free to reach out directly with any suggestions and/or comments. We'll be sure to see you when travels bring you back to this area.

At your service,

Reviewed 28 January 2013

I have had many stay with this property over the past year or so. I have seen consistent improvement in the hotel since I began staying with them. I have found all the department heads and the GM to be concerned about my stay and comfort. As will happen anywhere things happen but the level of concern in rectifying those incidents is the most important thing to me and this group really cares and acts swiftly to apply a fix. As I said earlier the property is constantly being upgraded and improved and the team of staff truly care and that is why I continue to stay at this property every opportunity I get. Very close to shopping and multiple large corporations in the area. I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business

Dear Mike H: Thank you for your objective review and thoughts. We appreciate having you here as a loyal, repeat guest. Its guests like you that give us the drive to better our service levels. If there is anything else that we can do to make your future stays more accomodating then please feel free to reach out.

Warm regards and safe travel wishes from all of us here at Holiday Inn Dublin.

Paul Munyasia, CHA

Reviewed 25 January 2013

First time at this hotel and found it to be a good spot for business travel. It is close to the highway and easily accessible. The rooms are good and comfortable. Nothing very fancy. The restaurant was okay. Ordered nachos and instead of real grated cheese, got chips with a ton of the liquid cheese on it and not much else. However, the wait staff were great. I also found the front desk staff to be very helpful and courteous. There is lots of shopping nearby and many restaurants within a 1 mile radius.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business

Dear KennetteR: Thank you for choosing us for your travel needs. We appreciate your review of the property and its amenities. I have shared your comments on the service experience with the team. In regards to your food and beverage experience however, I was curious on the details of the order and would like to delve further. When you have a moment or two; If you would be kind enough to reach me or the F&B Manager at the hotel line 925-828-7750. I just want add that your concerns have been heard and there will be a follow through and remedial steps taken.

Thank you again for choosing us KennetteR.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 19 January 2013

I stay at this Hotel a couple of times every month and the staff is always friendly, helpful and accommodating. The hotel is very clean and it is convenient to BART, shopping and a great variety of restaurants. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The restaurant has great food and the restaurant staff is friendly and attentive.

Dear Dave C:

Thank you for your return stays with us and for this fine review. We are more than delighted to make your stays pleasant and comfortable for you. Great reviews are always shared with the staff as an encouragement that we are doing the right things and going in the right direction with our service, and we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

Warmest regards

Reviewed 29 December 2012 via mobile

We stayed here while visiting family in the area. Great price for a well-maintained nice facility with very friendly, good professional service. The location is very convenient to hwy's, shopping and restaurants. The indoor pool is nicely warm with a large 'hot' tub. We did not use it, but there is a spa and restaurants within the hotel. We will be back.

• Stayed: December 2012

Dear Umfrid: On behalf of the entire staff, I would like to thank you for staying with us and providing a great review. Its great to read that the property and its amenities' conveniency worked for you. As we continue to strive to be the best, it's good to take note that we are on the right track with encouraging reviews like yours.

We look forward to being of service to you again when you come to the Dublin area; hopefully you will get a chance to use our indoor pool and hot tub. Until then, thank you so much for your valuable business and for the review.

Kind regards form Holiday Inn Dublin

Reviewed 29 December 2012

Hosted a Holiday Party & Award Dinner. Sales Mgr was great. GM was accommodating. The decor was superb, the food was great, the willingness to please was encouraging. We had a great party hosting 166 people. The staff at this Hotel are kind, warm, professional and make you feel like family. We booked our 2013 Christmas Party because they made the night a night to remember.

The General Manager goes beyond measure to make your experience memorable and always willing to improve your stay, We had 10 rooms and everyone had a pleasant stay. i highly recommend this Holiday Inn Dublin location. The GM & Staff are really nice people and the rooms are clean and modern. A "Home Sweet Home" feel.....

Room Tip: The suites are amazing.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business

Dear Donisia M:

We would like to thank you for your excellent review and for staying as well as hosting your holiday function here. We take great pride and pleasure knowing that we succeeded in delivering 'an amazing stay', and we appreciate the time you have taken to write this review. We will continue to make steady strides towards consistently providing a great product to you, your acquaintances, friends and family; thus ultimately reflecting the '..home sweet home feel'.

We hope to be of service to you soon. Thanks for your valuable business and feedback. We appreciate you greatly.

Paul Munyasia CHA

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dublin
Hyatt Place Dublin/Pleasanton
Extended Stay America - Dublin - Hacienda Dr.
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pleasanton at the Club
Pleasanton Marriott
Pleasanton Marriott
#4 of 14 in Pleasanton
Best Western Plus Pleasanton Inn
Sheraton Pleasanton Hotel
Sheraton Pleasanton Hotel
#7 of 14 in Pleasanton

Been to Holiday Inn Dublin? Share your experiences!