“Waiters needs to know their menu better...”
Review of Casa Orozco

Casa Orozco
Ranked #16 of 178 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
San Francisco, California
“Waiters needs to know their menu better...”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Businness dinner with a colleague. I started with a blended margarita, the waiter brought me one on the rocks and had to send it back. The Guacamole was pretty good. I then had the Chile Verde, cubed, lean pork in a spicy, green tomatillo and jalapeño sauce. The waiter said it was mild/medium heat, but it was quite spicy, couldn't sleep because of it. The Fried Ice Cream was pretty good, but the heat already caused the damage for the next day as well. Very noisy for a business meeting but we managed. The waiter I had was not that attentive and needs to know his menu better. Disappointing. Oh well.

• Visited March 2014

Brookings, Oregon
“for large groups, try somewhere else”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

i attended a family event here yesterday, thursday. arrangementsfor the event were set up on tuesday.

there were 60 of us and we ordered from the banquet lunch menu. there was only one server delivering plates. one busboy delivering water and drinks. unfortunately not only were several people left waiting for their meal while others around were already half-way through, but there was much confusion over what people had ordered. hubby, who doesn't eat chicken tacos or enchiladas, was served chicken instead of the beef he ordered. my chicken tostada was pretty tasteless. and, of course, with all this going on, neither chips nor salsa was refilled.

such a disappointment. as we were looking forward to a really good mexican meal.

• Visited February 2014
Santa Clara, California
“Burnt Mexican rice...”
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Lunch. Newish mall, not my type of location...but nevertheless lunch when needed.
The Rice was burnt...and we complained...and they they took it off the bill. The waiter said they had burned the rice but the pot was so large they still skimmed the rice off the top and served. Not a good decision. The Guacamole was by far the best tasting edible on the table. Even the refried beans were just so-so..... would probably not go back there. Almost a waste of calories. Need a better chef. None of the food had "wow" to it! Try something else!
Oh, salsa was super hot....but they have milder - if you ask!

• Visited January 2014
Miami
“Good food good service”
Reviewed 14 January 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Its good "anglo-Mexican" food. I was born and raised in San Antonio Texas where Mexican food is quite the part of the culture and done very well so I am a bit spoiled. But for what it is they do a good job. Noce place, servers were very nice too and a nice outdoor patio dining area too.

Visited November 2013
Livermore, California
“Try this place again...they're getting it right!”
Reviewed 25 October 2013

For the last few months, my friends and I have gone to Casa Orosco for dinner after work (once a month). Each time we've gone, the service has been wonderful. The staff is very friendly and attentive and you're never left looking for a server because you need something. I love that they don't bother you or hover, even though you might have paid your bill an hour ago and they probably need the table. I feel like we could hang out all night and they wouldn't bat an eye.

The food is always tasty and consistent. I usually get my favorite -- Arroz con Pollo -- but last night I ordered their vegetarian quesadillas (light on the cheese). I wasn't that hungry, but they were so delicious, I could not stop eating! The margaritas are really good too -- not too boozy, just enough tequilla. I would never refer to this restaurant as 'Commercial Mexican'. I've been to Mexico several times and can say without a doubt that their food is authentic and fresh.

The restaurant is well-kept, the decor is great (feels like you're in rustic Mexico), and the outside patio is a wonderful place to hang out and relax. They have fire pits in the center of the some tables which create a nice ambiance.

If you want a well-priced, tasty meal in a great environment, try Casa Orosco (the one in Livermore is even better, by the way).

• Visited October 2013