“Excellent eats for Brunch!”
Review of YAKS on the 5

YAKS on the 5
Ranked #1 of 19 Restaurants in Dunsmuir
Price range: US$6 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: What started as a small delivery service in Redding, CA has become a Northstate sensation! YAKS on the 5 offers gourmet burgers, salads and brews. We strive to provide our guests with a memorable an awe inspiring experience with handcrafted foods, award winning microbrews, and world famous sticky buns. Baked goods are made fresh every morning and all our sauces, dressings and other goodies are made from product sourced locally whenever possible and made in house by our culinary team. It really is like tasting delicious for the first time in every bite. Come and enjoy...:)
Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent eats for Brunch!”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I was in town for a wedding over Memorial weekend and my wife and mother dined here for brunch on Saturday. I must say that the billboards had me thinking it would be a tourist trap, but this place is great! Warm and friendly staff, cozy ambience with great art installations, and super-tasty food.

We started with one of their gooey boozy bourbon pecan rolls (yeah, should've done after, but couldn't resist) and it was a melt-in-your-mouth delight with our coffees. Oh, they roast their own coffee and it's out of sight too.

We had trouble deciding on dishes, but I went with the "hillbilly benedict" and it was a bounty of flavor, as well as a bounty of belly-filling goodness. Home fries topped with house made sausage, bacon-studded gravy and a fried egg. So good. My wife got the nachos, which were a heaping pile of chips, bacon, fried egg and other goodies for good measure. Their house made salsa and jam were delicious, since my mom got a basic combo with eggs, sausage and biscuits.

Definitely worth the stop, loved it!

• Visited May 2014

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ahhhhmazing”
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

We stopped in here today after hiking. everything was soooo good. From the friendly service to the food. Bacon overload burger was the best burger I've ever had. Garlic fries are so delicious. Even got to try a sample one of the sticky buns....omg so good. Make sure to try the ketchup. Everything here is homemade and wonderful. Can't wait to eat here again.

1 Thank Erin B
Livingston
“Ten Stars!”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

The best hamburgers anywhere! Recommended by a local, we stopped for lunch and were indeed wowed! One of us had the "Bacon Overload" and the other had VA VA Voom Swiss and Shroom", Tasty, moist and cooked to our desire it was the very best ever. The whole menu was so wonderful wanted to order everything. One waitress handled the entire place, amazingly friendly and efficient and fun. We were treated to samples of their famous sticky buns, drizzled with Baileys and Bourbon sauce.....wound up taking three with us!!! From the outside the restaurant is not really noteworthy, tucked along the road adjacent to I-5. The inside is funky. Just a great place with fantastic food. Owner is planning to serve dinners in the near future......that will be another treat.....wish we were locals! Beverages were great......husband had local brewed beer, I had coffee. As photo shows they brought out a full French press for me....again superb coffee....left with a travel mug and enjoyed rest of day. This is a MUST DO STOP, if anywhere near area.

• Visited June 2014
Ashland, OR
“Seriously tasty”
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Yummy, yummy Breakfast at Yaks! I had the breakfast nachos and my boys had the regular french toast and the cinnamon roll french toast. ALL of our food was amazingly good. Service was excellent. Coffee presented in a French press was a nice touch. We will definitely return to try out the rest if the menu.

1 Thank Alyson O
San Francisco, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worth the Stop.”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Great food, atmosphere and service. It's worth the extra few bucks. Yo can really see the extra the put into every bit of the dining experience.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank VivalaVagabond

Been to YAKS on the 5? Share your experiences!